• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Hasn't sunk in yet.. Unrelated question: Do we know if we can sort the character select by franchise? It will be a shame if we can't. Always pictured K. Rool being next to Diddy on there. One can hope.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
A week since the Dream came True...
Are you all still processing this or has it sunk in finally?
Comes and goes. Can't stop thinking about it really. Has seriously affected my productivity in the real world.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
200 pages Kutthroat Krew!

So uh...now that K.Kool is finally in, what are we getting for a possible DK boss now?

Will Kremlings and Tikis return as enemies? The Snowmads maybe?

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I just kompleted Donkey Kong Country 1. Yep, all in honor of our king. As soon as the next day arrives, onto the next game! You don't need me to tell you what it is, do you?

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
It still hasn't sunk in for me. It's still surreal to see :ultridley:on the Smash website. I'll check the website for the daily update, and I see :ultkrool:'s banner and it hits me. This is real, and we did it. By the time the game launches in December I still probably won't be over it. In March when the game was revealed, I had practically given up on Ridley and I was optimistic for K. Rool, but having been through Smash 4 speculation was cautiously optimistic. Now I got everyone, and there's no characters I really want like with K. Rool and Ridley. December can't come soon enough.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
By the way, here are some lyrics I made in case anyone is interested. Basically, it is Mario and K. Rool singing, with Mario welcoming the king to Smash. Guess what song it is based off of?

Mario: Welllll listen here
While I make it clear
I can't believe you can't see what we see here
A crocodile is a heck of a biter
You passed the test, you're now a fighter
Joining in the fight
You can now show us your great might
'Cause you're one of us, one of us
You mighty old scaly croc
Can't you see you're one of us
You run the run, now have some fun
Never stop smashing 'til they're done

King K. Rool: Wellllll
If what you say is true
Then I guess we're of the same color
With a similar view
With my fists
Under scaly skin
It's no question that I am gonna
Fit right in
'Cause I'm one of you, one of you
The same crew
Nothing I can do
I can see I'm one of you
One of you, one of you
The same crew
I'm really one of you!

What do you guys think?

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Happy 200th page, everyone. I was only here for the last few months before his confirmation but just glad to be a part of it. It got me through some long work weeks this past summer. And I've been supporting him as long as anybody since Brawl, including giving him my sole vote on the Smash Ballot.

That news is actually insane, by the way. It's proof that we (and everyone else who supported him) actually made a tangible difference and got Nintendo to recognize K. Rool, and it was only through our united efforts that this came to fruition. And of course I'm super glad it was Sakurai who got the chance to bring him back to life with such an amazing design to boot.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Hasn't sunk in yet.. Unrelated question: Do we know if we can sort the character select by franchise? It will be a shame if we can't. Always pictured K. Rool being next to Diddy on there. One can hope.
I think you may be able to since you can sort by franchise on the site. Also K. Rool will be next to Dixie ;)

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
By the way, here are some lyrics I made in case anyone is interested. Basically, it is Mario and K. Rool singing, with Mario welcoming the king to Smash. Guess what song it is based off of?

Mario: Welllll listen here
While I make it clear
I can't believe you can't see what we see here
A crocodile is a heck of a biter
You passed the test, you're now a fighter
Joining in the fight
You can now show us your great might
'Cause you're one of us, one of us
You mighty old scaly croc
Can't you see you're one of us
You run the run, now have some fun
Never stop smashing 'til they're done

King K. Rool: Wellllll
If what you say is true
Then I guess we're of the same color
With a similar view
With my fists
Under scaly skin
It's no question that I am gonna
Fit right in
'Cause I'm one of you, one of you
The same crew
Nothing I can do
I can see I'm one of you
One of you, one of you
The same crew
I'm really one of you!

What do you guys think?

What can I say? It's art

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Comes and goes. Can't stop thinking about it really. Has seriously affected my productivity in the real world.
Should've seen me the day he was announced. Watching the direct live at work and I started screaming and getting too hyped. I couldn't work the rest of the day (still had 4 hours left in my shift) cause all I could think about was K.Rool FINALLY returning. Rewatched the trailer SOOO many times. That direct was a rollercoaster of emotions for me. When they showed off the banana gun my heart SUNK cause I thought K.Rool was gonna be an assist trophy. Then when they showed Klaptrap I was like "Well that's a dead giveaway K.Rool is in the game" so I kinda knew once they showed the villain montage that K.Rool was coming. I squealed and was like "They're ****ing doing it! It's Happening!!! IT'S TOOO HYPE!!!!"

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Should've seen me the day he was announced. Watching the direct live at work and I started screaming and getting too hyped. I couldn't work the rest of the day (still had 4 hours left in my shift) cause all I could think about was K.Rool FINALLY returning. Rewatched the trailer SOOO many times. That direct was a rollercoaster of emotions for me. When they showed off the banana gun my heart SUNK cause I thought K.Rool was gonna be an assist trophy. Then when they showed Klaptrap I was like "Well that's a dead giveaway K.Rool is in the game" so I kinda knew once they showed the villain montage that K.Rool was coming. I squealed and was like "They're ****ing doing it! It's Happening!!! IT'S TOOO HYPE!!!!"
The banana gun had me scared too, and in hindsight I have no idea why because I already knew what it did. Did I think it was going to shoot out K. Rool? Did I think they were going to shoot K. Rool period?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, did anyone listen to ACE+'s rendition of Gangplank Galleon?

It's interesting.

Kori

Smash Cadet
I just think it's funny how the Troll was basically poking fun at how we only got K.Rool as a costume in the last game. Sakurai was essentially poking fun at us through Dedede lol...

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
So, did anyone listen to ACE+'s rendition of Gangplank Galleon?

It's interesting.
The trailer part, flawless, the clip they shared yesterday... Well, I'm not sure if I expected that twist or even like it. I guess I'll have to get used to it. In any case, it totally deserves a Gangplank Galleon stage to go with it!

Last edited:

Steelia

Smash Champion
It still hasn't sunk in for me. It's still surreal to see :ultridley:on the Smash website. I'll check the website for the daily update, and I see :ultkrool:'s banner and it hits me. This is real, and we did it. By the time the game launches in December I still probably won't be over it. In March when the game was revealed, I had practically given up on Ridley and I was optimistic for K. Rool, but having been through Smash 4 speculation was cautiously optimistic. Now I got everyone, and there's no characters I really want like with K. Rool and Ridley. December can't come soon enough.
I keep rewatching his reveal trailer and 30 second clip from the Smash site, and it's all still so surreal. I don't think I'll be able to fully grasp this reality until the game launches and I can play K. Rool with my own two hands.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
The banana gun had me scared too, and in hindsight I have no idea why because I already knew what it did. Did I think it was going to shoot out K. Rool? Did I think they were going to shoot K. Rool period?
I didn't know anything about the banana gun prior to the direct as I haven't watched much Ultimate footage at all besides the 2 Smash directs we've had. So when Sakurai said "Let's talk about items, pokemon, and assist trophies" then they pan in on DK (they didn't show the item logo until AFTER) I didn't even notice the banana in his hand at first. I thought K.Rool was gonna come charging from the right because at that point it wasn't specified if he was focusing on items or assists first. Glad I was wrong.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just got Donkey Kong 64 and Super Metroid on the Wii U; partially to celebrate K. Rool and Ridley making it into the Smash roster, and partially because it's been a while since I've played either game.

It's a shame that Nintendo doesn't have their classic games on the Switch, though; if that had been an option, then I would have gotten those games on the Switch in a heartbeat. (it's so much more convenient to be able to play them anywhere in the house as opposed to being limited to one room)

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
I just got Donkey Kong 64 and Super Metroid on the Wii U; partially to celebrate K. Rool and Ridley making it into the Smash roster, and partially because it's been a while since I've played either game.

It's a shame that Nintendo doesn't have their classic games on the Switch, though; if that had been an option, then I would have gotten those games on the Switch in a heartbeat. (it's so much more convenient to be able to play them anywhere in the house as opposed to being limited to one room)
Have fun! And the main reason I want a 3DS is so I can buy the Donkey Kong Land games on its virtual console, so when my Gameboys finally break I’ll still have them!!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

I know right, especially considering that Psikyo and SNK games are made available to buy and play on the same console.

At any rate, I'm progressively going on a shopping spree on the 3DS e-shop to grab as many older games on it as possible.

Have fun! And the main reason I want a 3DS is so I can buy the Donkey Kong Land games on its virtual console, so when my Gameboys finally break I’ll still have them!!
Good luck and make sure you get the New variant, stuff like Pirate Pop Plus and the DKC trilogy are exclusive to it!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Same here at first, but real life keeps me occupied so much that I couldn't even see the reveal live myself. I heard it second handed from a friend that K.Rool was in. The first confirmation was the website, and K.Rool's page. I think this ruined a lot of the hype for me. Never the less, I rather have it this way than K.Rool not being in the game at all.

StormC

Smash Hero
Same here at first, but real life keeps me occupied so much that I couldn't even see the reveal live myself. I heard it second handed from a friend that K.Rool was in. The first confirmation was the website, and K.Rool's page. I think this ruined a lot of the hype for me. Never the less, I rather have it this way than K.Rool not being in the game at all.
I would legit never forgive my friend if they spoiled K. Rool's inclusion, lol. I'm very glad it worked out the way it did for me, even if I got up at 7 AM for it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I would legit never forgive my friend if they spoiled K. Rool's inclusion, lol. I'm very glad it worked out the way it did for me, even if I got up at 7 AM for it.
No I was happy he did. I pretty much gave the Direct no chance to hype me much anyway. The only thing from the Direct I ever really called out to happen was Chrom being a Echo (and then again, I didn't expect him to be a Roy Echo much less having Ike's Aether). It was a very good Direct, and Ultimate is really living up to it's name.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
A week since the Dream came True...
Are you all still processing this or has it sunk in finally?
Still happy with it. I watch the trailer everyday, at least once.
I don't know if you noticed but the reception of K. Rool was amazing overall, much better than the Castlevania one, and was cool too but K. Rool eclipsed it.
A lot of memes, jokes and feedback about the King in Smash, mostly too positive. Maybe it's because I wasn't a supporter of any previous newcomer, but it was a very good day, never saw something like that after a Direct. That was a nice feeling.

Last edited:

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Is it too much to ask for a new DK game next year? Considering the last one released four years ago. If there is none next year, that would be the longest without one.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
The K. Rool trailer passed 1 million views, more than any other individual character trailer aside from the Inkling trailer, which also served as the announcement trailer for the game. Pretty impressive for an "irrelevant" character.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rxU5MEm0J4
Also worth noting that's the GameSpot channel. Nintendo's version also has ~650K views, and another (EU?) version with ~150K. That's 1.8 million put together.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Guys, I have been wondering. Let me ask you all a thing: If K. Rool were to be low or not-so-high tier or whatever in this game, will you still main him?

As for me, I surely will! Never cared much about tiers to begin with, personally.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
The K. Rool trailer passed 1 million views, more than any other individual character trailer aside from the Inkling trailer, which also served as the announcement trailer for the game. Pretty impressive for an "irrelevant" character.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rxU5MEm0J4
1. arguably the best character reveal for Smash Bros
2. Highly requested character, if not the most requested
3. Not just a simple character reveal, but also a fullblown revival of said character

Is it any surprise?

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Is it too much to ask for a new DK game next year? Considering the last one released four years ago. If there is none next year, that would be the longest without one.
Retro generally puts in a lot of polys in their DKC games, so far that leads to a dev cycle of just about 4 years. So whether it'll happen soon is uncertain. Then again, the Switch port of TF came out 4 years after the initial release, so who really knows how much time that took to add exclusive new material to it. The fact that K. Rool didn't get added as a secret boss is a mixed blessing in that regard.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Guys, I have been wondering. Let me ask you all a thing: If K. Rool were to be low or not-so-high tier or whatever in this game, will you still main him?

As for me, I surely will! Never cared much about tiers to begin with, personally.
Since Melee, I've mainly played Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, and the Pokémon Trainer in Brawl...so tiers are absolutely meaningless to me.

I've always wanted K.Rool and Ridley more since they were due. I'll play them, of course, but they aren't going to be mains for me. I know I'll have fun when I do pick them though.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Sure. Mewtwo was one of my favourites to play as in Melee; even if he wasn't a good character, he was still a character that I liked. Even if K. Rool was somehow considered worse than Pichu, the sheer fact that he's playable in the game would be enough for me to enjoy playing as him. (same thing goes for Ridley)

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest

Basically what CaptainAmerica CaptainAmerica said, but for Mewtwo and Snake.

Last edited:
Top Bottom