• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Justice For Brawl! Finished! Aryman Wins! Congratulations!

tsilver33

Smash Ace
Introduction

In a world, where items are banned from tournament play. Where they are considered 'unfair', one man dares stand up for the little guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHXmlX_eV88

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice For Brawl! It is said, that one must learn to expect the unexpected. For the true measure of strength comes from your ability to cope with what you cannot see coming, not from what is a certain. This is true, both in the courtroom, and on the battlefield. So tell me, are you ready for a challenge?

The Bare Bones Basics

The Justice For Brawl Tournament is your standard 8 man, double elimination tournament with one big difference. Some items are turned ON! For you new to the tourney scene, this probably won't be much of a change. But for you tourney savvy people, get ready to fight the unexpected! Also, for those of you new to tourneys, the fact that the tourney is double elimination means that even if you lose your first match, you still have to lose again in order to be kicked out!​

Items!?

All items come from the Item Standard Play thread, and they have proven that these items do NOT affect the outcome of a match extensively if you know what your doing. During the tourney, all of the following items must be set to On, and MEDIUM.

Sandbag,
Food,
Warpstar,
Bunny Hood,
Beam Sword,
Lip's Stick,
Star Rod,
Super Scope,
Fire Flower,
Motion Sensor Bomb,
Freezie,
Smoke Ball,
Pit Fall,
Mr. Saturn,
Green Shell,
Banana Peel,
Franklin Badge,
Screw Attack.

Stages
The following stages are all legal for this tournament. The first match in each set MUST be on Battle Field. After that, both players will choose Random for their stage selection, and the game will randomly choose between those two.

Battle Field,
Yoshi's Island (Brawl),
Final Destination,
Smashville,
Lylat Cruise,
Pokemon Stadium 1&2,
Corneria,
Temple,
Bridge of Elden.

The Match

Each match will last 3 Brawls, first to 2 wins the match. Each Brawl will have a time limit of 8 minutes. Their are NO banned characters. All characters are fair and legal, but Meta Knights infinite cape Glitch is banned. 3 STOCK in each brawl.

Prizes?

The prize for this tourney is a custom stage based off of Phoenix Wrights most famous saying. Sorry, no wii points, just a stage.

Entrants
User/Brawl Name/Brawl FC

1.Shadowfirex100/Knubs/1676-3494-0066
2.DarrenJAS/DJS/4081-5183-9585
3.Aryman/ARY/0087-2015-7256
4.kingdom-triforce/ROXAS/0903-4340-4762
5.blankvi/Blank/4983-8273-5352
6.Teronist09/apple/ 0216-1722-1948
7.Thunder of Zeus/ZEUS/4597-3826-1608
8.Aurorazoni/Aura/3008-2979-1856

To Contact Me, either with questions or comments: Send me a PM here on the site. I cannot guarantee I will see if you post a visitor message.

tsilver33

Smash Ace
RESULTS!

1rst Place: Aryman
2nd: Blankvi
3rd: Shadowfirex100
4th: Kingdom-Triforce
6th: Riku00
6th: Teronist09
8th: Aurorazoni
8th: Thunder of Zeus

My Policy on No Shows and Lag Beyond Playability
If you do not play your match before the deadline, then your match will be determined by the flip of a coin. If your in the winners bracket and lose, then you will be moved to the appropriate losers bracket match (As if you had just lost your match.) If you lose to a flip while in the losers bracket, you are OUT of the tourney, and will be replaced with the first player on the waiting list. Each player will be given an extra 24 hours to finish their match. But should the deadline expire with no on left on the waiting list, you will just be out of the tourney. In the event of lag beyond playability, BOTH players must opt for the coin toss.

Riku00

Smash Ace
i would sign up, but the way you have your items and stage lists is a little hard for me to read.
To many commas and such

tsilver33

Smash Ace
Phoenix Wright: Justice For Brawl! 8-Man, Double Elimination Tourney! 6/8 left!

O_o.... I actually got players. I expected this to die. XD

Anyway, sorry for the confusion(About the sign up number.) I didn't mean to post that, it's just the order you joined in. You've both been added.

tsilver33

Smash Ace
So, your Ary huh? You immediately strike me the same as Snake making a codec call about Mario. You even more so strike me crazy, because frankly I didn't even know other Phoenix Wright fans even existed. XD Added.

Edit: Forgotten word added.

tsilver33

Smash Ace
I still can't believe Ary is joining this small tourney. Cheer up Shadow, maybe you'll beat him. You know, with enough skill.

tsilver33

Smash Ace
Okay, random. But would you like to join or did you come here just to post that XD.

tsilver33

Smash Ace
That's it! We're full! I'll post the bracket up in just a minute. Note: Due to my inexperience with running tourneys (And because I'm lazy XD) I have decided not to seed the brackets. All brackets and matchups were decided completely randomly.

tsilver33

Smash Ace
Okay! The brackets are posted! Post on this thread to discuss and schedule times, matches, friendlies, and results. Be sure to get in your matches in by the deadline!

tsilver33

Smash Ace
>_> Is it really that big of a deal?

And yes, the deadline is posted right under the brackets on the first page.

I believe you are to play Aurorazoni?

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
How many stocks per match? first post doesn't say.

Also, I recommend setting your items offline, online you don't have nearly enough time to turn them on.

tsilver33

Smash Ace
Good point Ary, albeit it took me a minute to figure out what you meant for the second point. I'll be sure to add those both to the first post. Thank you, I can't believe I forgot to post how many stocks each!

tsilver33

Smash Ace
Very good. Darren is still in, but on his last legs. Aryman moves on to the winners bracket round 2. Darren Moves on to the losers bracket.

Riku00

Smash Ace
Can i be put on the waiting list please? i was to busy to sign up after you edited.

tsilver33

Smash Ace
Hm... Very well. I shall add you to the first place in the waiting list. If anyone does not show up by Sunday (Or do not respond to any PM's.) you shall take their place.

tsilver33

Smash Ace
There is a prize in this tourney. Albeit it being a small prize. The prize must match the size of the tourney. ;)

tsilver33

Smash Ace
Blankvi moves on to round two in the winners bracket. Aurorazoni is in his first losers bracket match. Waiting on the other two matches.

tsilver33

Smash Ace
Thank you. Shadow and Triforce told me they planned on playing tonight. Thunder and Teronist still need thiers though.

Hey, for those of you who have been playing your matches, how are the items working out? Are they unbalancing the game? I was thinking about these tourneys in a sort of series, with different rules in each. I want to know what you guys think of turning on these relatively balanced items on.

Teronist09

Smash Journeyman
Can I get a coin toss decision for me and Zeus? We were lagging really bad so I didn't want to keep playing.
If 'no' to the toss jsut forfeit me.

Top Bottom