• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Justice Always Triumphs." - Ryu Hayabusa for Smash Switch! (Ninja Gaiden/Dead or Alive)

D

Deleted member

I really hope we get a new Ninja Gaiden game sooner or later.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I mean...I don't actually like any of the modern ones(it's just not a genre that I'm into), so if it does or not doesn't really matter to me. I just want him in Smash because of his NES legacy.

Last edited:

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
I really hope we get a new Ninja Gaiden game sooner or later.
Let's just hope Team Ninja gets there s*** together after Nioh 2 and Dead or Alive 6's horridly expensive DLC cycle. I'm just hoping there's a new Ninja Gaiden somewhere planned in their future... Even modern Ninja Gaiden HD ports for current consoles or PC would tide me over for the wait.

D

Deleted member

Let's just hope Team Ninja gets there s*** together after Nioh 2 and Dead or Alive 6's horridly expensive DLC cycle. I'm just hoping there's a new Ninja Gaiden somewhere planned in their future... Even modern Ninja Gaiden HD ports for current consoles or PC would tide me over for the wait.
Switch ports would be really awesome ngl.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
What do y'all think about the Pic of the day "hints?" Anything there? I know we've had some set backs, but I think our Dragon Ninja is still likely in spite of everything.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
The 2nd SE rep was from an IP Enix owned before the merger thoe. You could say it was obviously because of DQ's legacy within the RPG genre and being the 2nd biggest franchise SE owns currently, but that doesn't change the fact that it was an Enix IP.
I mean, you yourself acknowledge the reasons why DQ got in, that have nothing to do with Enix owning it. 2 against you and 1 in your favor isn't a great ratio, especially when the 1 in your favor can be easily explained away with better reasoning.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
What do y'all think about the Pic of the day "hints?" Anything there? I know we've had some set backs, but I think our Dragon Ninja is still likely in spite of everything.
Just hoping on the off-chance that Ryu is Challenger Pack 5, don't care what Sabi and Vergeben said. Koei Tecmo deserves a spot in the Fighters Pass after SNK got in.

Last edited:

Nesysli

Smash Apprentice
I'd be a crying shame for sure if Ryu isn't added in as DLC at some point in development. He totally fits the previous pattern set by Joker, Banjo & Terry of characters with a strong fanbase and really good games but somehow kinda niche. I hope he gets the Castlevania treatment. Honestly Koei Tecmo deserves a rep just for sticking with Nintendo for so long and sticking with them through their crappy Wii U era.

I wouldn't put too much stock in these insiders. None of them have a consistent track record with Smash DLC. I mean these are the two who can deconfirm like 14 characters but can't even slightly hint at the one it's supposed to be. If that's not sketchy then I don't know what is.

Last edited:

Nesysli

Smash Apprentice
Well, Ninja Gaiden doesn't have nearly as much epic music or an iconic boss like Castlevania.
I agree on the bosses but man I'd love to see a HD Jaquio. I think the original trilogy alone is epic enough to crank out 20 to 30 tunes at least, though I don't think that will happen.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
Congrats to anyone here who likes Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Byleth for joining Smash! Even though it is not Ryu Hayabusa, it's great news that Three Houses is represented with a fighter since it was a game that, in part, has Koei Tecmo to thank for its release so, with their great relationship with Nintendo, Ryu is that much closer to finally being realized. Let's hope one of these next 6 fighters are the Ultimate Ninja himself! Koei Tecmo deserves it! Cheers!

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
Seeing how close Koei Tecmo has been to Nintendo this past decade and have made games for other companies that's got their characters in the Smash Bros. series, it's a wonder why Ryu Hayabusa isn't in the base roster already.

zferolie

Smash Hero
you guys seen this from the geno thread. Still figuriing out where itrs from but it was from yesterday.

Check this out

Basicly quick translation is this
FP1 was supposed be Hero / Terry / Banjo / Hayabusa / Joker.
After FP1's reveal, Nintendo noticed that Hayabusa got leaked but FP2 was decided fairly soon after Ultimates' release, they decided to move Hayabusa into FP2. This was also because they wanted to keep pace with Koei Tecmo's Ninja Gaiden project development.
FP2 was decided before E3, but the lineup was finalized in the summer after E3.
FP3 is already has been decided and they are still under negotiations.
The character revealed tomorrow is someone from Nintendo who was supposed to be in FP2

Basicly the claim here is byleth and Ryu hayabusa switched places for reveals
Sounds like Ryu may be our 6th DLC if this is legit, and an FP3 is happening too

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
I can only hope Sakurai's pic of the days are foreshadowing season 2.
ENzsn_TUYAEtK6O.jpg

ENAU36IVUAAA5ss.jpg

I really do hope so.

you guys seen this from the geno thread. Still figuriing out where itrs from but it was from yesterday.

Sounds like Ryu may be our 6th DLC if this is legit, and an FP3 is happening too
It would also match up with Shifty knowing about Ryu as early as April 1st and later Brew coming in to reveal he knew of him as well. Both allegedly shared the same sources and also strongly claimed Ryu would be coming/revealed in 2019 but look what happened...

If it is indeed true that Ryu has been in the works since then, he should really be one of the first, if not, the very first revealed character of Fighters Pass Vol. 2 since they've been working on him for so long. Don't want to wait another two years for him, either... My real question though is what is this new Ninja Gaiden project development mentioned? That'd be really great to see soon if true, maybe at E3 2020...

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
The character revealed tomorrow is someone from Nintendo who was supposed to be in FP2

Basicly the claim here is byleth and Ryu hayabusa switched places for reveals
I can actually totally believe this, because the idea that they originally planned to do the Corrin thing again is mind boggling.

Last edited:

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
Has anybody been thinking about what how his Classic Mode would be like?

I'm thinking maybe it should be where he fights against characters that's been in side-scrolling games. His final boss could be Dracula since the NES Ninja Gaiden games were heavily inspired by Castlevania. Plus, Dracula could easily represent Murai (final boss of NG 2004).

If this was truly posted just a day before Byleth was confirmed, then I say that makes it very believable.

jamesster445

Smash Lord

Do we have a source for this? I want to believe that Nintendo/Sakurai didn't plan on adding Byleth back in Winter 2018. So swapping them with someone in a future pass can make sense. And leakers who deconfirmed Hayabusa for CP5 did say that he was still possible. But I'm skeptical.

Also I've heard nothing about a new Ninja Gaiden. Exciting if true.

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ

It seems really unlikely to me that there's a FP3 though. Especially when considering that the deadline for FP2 is two years from now. They're STILL going to be making DLC after that point? Idk. Sakurai said he originally was going to just do a couple of characters post FP1. I don't see it.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
It seems really unlikely to me that there's a FP3 though. Especially when considering that the deadline for FP2 is two years from now. They're STILL going to be making DLC after that point? Idk. Sakurai said he originally was going to just do a couple of characters post FP1. I don't see it.
I say the fp3 is the only iffy part

But I say the Ryu was meant for fp1 is very believable

Well even if we got him in one of these packs it’s still doesn’t mean it’s confirmed real

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate has a new remix of Unbreakable Determination:

D

Deleted member

Sound pretty must the same as the last one for the first minute or so, before it kicks into a new part.
Yeah it's more in tune with the music of WO4 which is why it sounds more orchestral than the remix in WO3.

If Hayabusa is in Vol 2, good luck to anyone trying to top Warrior Orochi's Unbreakable Determination remixes.

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate has a new remix of Unbreakable Determination:

Sound pretty must the same as the last one for the first minute or so, before it kicks into a new part.
I have no doubt in my mind that they would use whichever WO remix for Smash, possibly even as his reveal trailer. It could also be used as his credits theme too, just like in the first NES Ninja Gaiden game.

I hope he also comes with this theme too:

Last edited:

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
Oh hey yall I've been making some cool spirit board mockups and I made this Ninja Gaiden one a while back!! I don't know all that much about the series so if what I picked seems weird then sorri but I figured I might as well share anyway!
NG_Spirits.png

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
Oh hey yall I've been making some cool spirit board mockups and I made this Ninja Gaiden one a while back!! I don't know all that much about the series so if what I picked seems weird then sorri but I figured I might as well share anyway! View attachment 258846
Nice! Might seem like too much of a focus on modern Ninja Gaiden but I don't particularly mind!

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
Looks like that pic about Hayabusa being in the second FP got taken down.

Hmm...

Oh hey yall I've been making some cool spirit board mockups and I made this Ninja Gaiden one a while back!! I don't know all that much about the series so if what I picked seems weird then sorri but I figured I might as well share anyway! View attachment 258846
I can picture Kasumi and Robert T. Sturgeon also having spirits too.

Last edited:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Live footage of Ryu trying to sneak onto the Vol.2 Hype Train.....might be a while

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
Top Bottom