• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just wow <_<

Nightblade

Smash Journeyman
Now I main Marth, and was playing a friend who is quite a bit better than me. He was kicking my *** to no end so for "****s and giggles" I picked Sheik, guess what happened?

I wiped the floor with him three matches in a row. I almost feel bad, playing Sheik feels too easy. He was playing his hardest and I even three-stocked one of the matches. Down-throw, dsmash, dash-attack, ftilt, and fair/bair/uair over and over again and it didn't even feel like a contest.

I suppose my question is, what do you guys think about people who main Sheik? He's wicked easy to use compared to... oh about every other character in the game.

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
If your friend can beat you when you use Marth and gets 3-stocked when you use Shiek, you need to work on your Marth >_>

Sheik is at the top of the "Noob's Tier List"(dosn't acualy exist), because you could spam nothing but her dash attack all day and be the king of the noobs. She's an easy character to pick up and play because her moves require nothing fancy to link into each other. They just...do. Her tilts lead perfectly into other tilts and/or aerials, 3 out of her 4 aerials are finishers, and the one that isn't a finisher links into tilts and/or aerials...like...duh, I wonder how I should play Shiek >_<

Oh, and to top it all off, Shiek's moves have so little lag that she can get away with missed l-cancels and such. Miss an l-cancel with Fox or Falco, and you get brutally ***** :(

The 2 trickiest things about her are learning to use her needles properly and learning to space properly. And by properly, I mean flawlessly. Of course, every character needs to know how to space, and needles are much easier to use then, say, 90% of the space animal techs.

So, yeah, if you can beat your friend (character is irrelevant), then you're better then him. You just need to work on your Marth a little more. Good Marths have rythim (I really have to learn to spell that word) to the games, and never miss a beat. Takes practice ^_^

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
If your friend can beat you when you use Marth and gets 3-stocked when you use Shiek, you need to work on your Marth >_>

Sheik is at the top of the "Noob's Tier List"(dosn't acualy exist), because you could spam nothing but her dash attack all day and be the king of the noobs. She's an easy character to pick up and play because her moves require nothing fancy to link into each other. They just...do. Her tilts lead perfectly into other tilts and/or aerials, 3 out of her 4 aerials are finishers, and the one that isn't a finisher links into tilts and/or aerials...like...duh, I wonder how I should play Shiek >_<

Oh, and to top it all off, Shiek's moves have so little lag that she can get away with missed l-cancels and such. Miss an l-cancel with Fox or Falco, and you get brutally ***** :(

The 2 trickiest things about her are learning to use her needles properly and learning to space properly. And by properly, I mean flawlessly. Of course, every character needs to know how to space, and needles are much easier to use then, say, 90% of the space animal techs.

So, yeah, if you can beat your friend (character is irrelevant), then you're better then him. You just need to work on your Marth a little more. Good Marths have rythim (I really have to learn to spell that word) to the games, and never miss a beat. Takes practice ^_^

qft. and its rhythm ^^

ShackDaddy

Smash Ace
Sheik combos marth easily but marth combos sheik pretty well too. If ur friend got caught buy a whole bunch of f-tilts and down throws he prolly needs to change his approach b/c marth can get out of shieks chain grabs pretty easily. I dont even main marth and i was able to beat me friends shiek (he just tries to tilt and grab me the whole match.)

but yes shiek does have the advantage in this match up unless the marth knows how to do spike combos cuz shiek falls right into them

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Sounds like your friend sucks. I main shiek and I disagree, although she may be easy to pickup and beat noobs around with, competing with her at a high level requires incredible spacing, needle mastery, mind numbing speed and reflexes. As does any character. So no, Shiek, nor any character in melee is ''easy'' It's all up to the player.

Xeorogue

Smash Ace
this same topic has been made at least 45 times
Now thats a true QFT. Plairnkk says what everyone thinks.

knowing how much space u need to hit ppl? like timing a fair or nair or something like that? why answer a question with a question?
Spacing refers to how close you place your attacks. This has nothing to do with timing. Timing is hey, i can hit the A button in the air and hit someone with a nair. Its the placement of the nair say, on someones shield. If placed correctly (And this is why spacing is important) the shieldie(lol) may not be able to shield grab you after you have recovered from the lag of the move. A well spaced Fair from marth has extreme range. If the marth is desperate he might not space it correctly and get very close to his opponent afterward, therefore getting grabbed.

Moral of the story for those who skim?
Spacing is important. Or just play like Isai and dont get hit.

PS A sudden change in playing style can result in wins. Thats why change in characters is good because your style becomes unpredictable.

Adi

Smash Lord
I used to think like that too, until I started learning more advanced techniques and getting more into the game. There's a huge amount of depth to this game beyond the surface.

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
Read this thread and LOL'ed.

I love when my main gets bashed by people because of her simplistic nature, even though you noobs don't have the slightest clue as to how difficult it is to win with Sheik in tournament play. Go back to your little hole that you crawled out of and leave the "OMG SHEIK IS A NOOB CHAR" play to us.

LMAO
Word.
Sheik actually has more tehnical potential than most other characters. you just have to be good lol.
phat knows what im tlakin about.

Xeorogue

Smash Ace
Read this thread and LOL'ed.

I love when my main gets bashed by people because of her simplistic nature, even though you noobs don't have the slightest clue as to how difficult it is to win with Sheik in tournament play. Go back to your little hole that you crawled out of and leave the "OMG SHEIK IS A NOOB CHAR" play to us.
QFT. Go play some real players instead of your ****ty locals.

LMAO
Word.
Sheik actually has more tehnical potential than most other characters. you just have to be good lol.
phat knows what im tlakin about.
QFT Squared.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
Even though it's easy to play Sheik, it's quite complex to get pro with her. For a n00b like me for example, I find it alot easier to wavedash with Fox than with Sheik cause of the little lag when Fox jumps. >_>

Xeorogue

Smash Ace
Even though it's easy to play Sheik, it's quite complex to get pro with her. For a n00b like me for example, I find it alot easier to wavedash with Fox than with Sheik cause of the little lag when Fox jumps. >_>
? Fox jumps quicker then sheik does. Fox's wavedash is the fastest in the game and is very close to sheiks. You shouldn't have problems with either.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
? Fox jumps quicker then sheik does. Fox's wavedash is the fastest in the game and is very close to sheiks. You shouldn't have problems with either.
A least I think that Fox has a little lag just before he jumps. You see it when you jump with Fox in trainging mode and slow mo. First he crouches then he jumps. Sheik do it too but a lot faster. But maybe it has something to do with that I own the PAL-version of the game and not the other ones?

Xeorogue

Smash Ace
A least I think that Fox has a little lag just before he jumps. You see it when you jump with Fox in trainging mode and slow mo. First he crouches then he jumps. Sheik do it too but a lot faster. But maybe it has something to do with that I own the PAL-version of the game and not the other ones?
Nope, the frames are the same. You are just seeing the fox jump animation...Do you practice wavedashing in SlowMo? Eh, whatever I'm just going by M2K statistics from his site. No matter whoever you WD with better is person specific.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
Nope, the frames are the same. You are just seeing the fox jump animation...Do you practice wavedashing in SlowMo? Eh, whatever I'm just going by M2K statistics from his site. No matter whoever you WD with better is person specific.
No i just use slow mo to see when I should do the wavedash. I other words I do it to know how to time it right in normal speed. Kinda.

Top Bottom