• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
I don't know if it was a glitch or move but i don't have my wii set up to test it further. A couple weeks back i was playing a friend and noticed when i pushed L(if i remember right) while on the ledge kirby jumped onto the level and skid his face across the ground several times till finally getting up. We both laughed at it and i got on the ledge and did it several more times.

A couple days ago i was looking for a laugh and did it again but this time he did his normal roll onto the stage. I tried recreating the funny ledge move but couldn't.

Does anyone know how to do this? Or was it a one match kinda thing that just happened to occur. Knowing me, im sure it was just a different button that i pushed and don't remember it.
But help would be appreciated.

cAm

DarKirby92

Smash Cadet
it could be L or R, it doesn't matter; depending on Kirby's %, he gets back on the stage different ways. If he's at a high % (about 80 and up), he does that face-skid u saw. Otherwise, he'll roll on energetically, because he's not tired (percentage-wise).

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
it could be L or R, it doesn't matter; depending on Kirby's %, he gets back on the stage different ways. If he's at a high % (about 80 and up), he does that face-skid u saw. Otherwise, he'll roll on energetically, because he's not tired (percentage-wise).
That would explain it, i knew it had to be something simple but i didn't realize he had different animations for how much damage he has. Thank you Darkirby.

cAm

chingy

Smash Apprentice
yeah it happened to me before 2 well they already answered it so i guess i dont have to explain it all i gotta say is brawl is more realistic than you think

upwndbykaiibi

Smash Apprentice
A Secret fortress where bob da builder shall never
No, it's not. When your hanging on the ledge and press L or R he rolls and gets back up, this is called a dodge roll. Every character can do this when their hanging on the ledge and press L or R. While doing this no opponents can't hit you in this short time period. It's great use when an opponent is waiting to attack you when your on a ledge.^^

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
How do you even find this, and then think it's worth bumping? @_@

I think this thread is funny though because the difference between 99% or less and 100% or more ledgerolls have been there since Smash 64. -_-

Back in the 64 days when I was young, I never made the connection between the % and the ledgeroll. I thought it was random, and I hated when I got the roll where Kirby kept bumping his face into the floor because it took so much longer.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
Wow. LOL at someone bumping my thread from this long ago.

Hmm.... i guess its cool to atleast see how far ive come with smash knowledge. I would consider the person posting in the OP as a complete noob nowadays :laugh:

anyways... plz stop with the necroposting.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Kind of on topic though: The stage humping looks funny... One day, people are going to catch on that I often ledge roll after 100% just to hump the stage... Right now, few expect it because it's such a stupid move, and even less expect a Fsmash right afterwards, because honestly, who'd be stupid enough to do that?
I am, that's who.

Percon

Smash Lord
How do you even find this, and then think it's worth bumping? @_@

I think this thread is funny though because the difference between 99% or less and 100% or more ledgerolls have been there since Smash 64. -_-

Back in the 64 days when I was young, I never made the connection between the % and the ledgeroll. I thought it was random, and I hated when I got the roll where Kirby kept bumping his face into the floor because it took so much longer.
You lived to 100% in Smash 64? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom