• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just thought I'd share this random tier list with everyone...

Chaco

Never Logs In
It says and I quote,

"Yoshi (Classed as Bottom Tier, but he's at the BOTTOM of the BOTTOM!)"

DMK.

Smash Journeyman
It puts yoshi at the very bottom.

Whole thing is invalided by Olimar being top tier.

Also Dedede middle? Pit top of high tier? Pikachu listed twice?

Too funny.

Gindler

Smash Champion
And the absolutely-bad-rotten-stinking-pile-of-rubbish-under-the-ground tier, YOSHI!

Hence why I couldn't keep it to myself "/

Chaco

Never Logs In
I commented it to...made an account to do it...lol

Wubblez

Smash Apprentice
Top tier

Snake
Metaknight
Toon Link
Marth
Olimar

High Tier

Pit
R.O.B
Game and Watch
Squirtle
Wolf
Lucario
Ice Climbers

Middle Tier

Fox
Falco
Charizard
Diddy Kong
Luigi
Mario
Pikachu
ZSS Zero Suit Samus
King Dedede
Donkey Kong

Low Tier

Peach
Wario
Pikachu
Ike
Lucas
Ness
Captain Falcon
Zelda
Sheik
Sonic
Kirby
Jigglypuff

Bottom Tier

Link
Ivysaur
Samus
Bowser
Ganondorf
Yoshi (Classed as Bottom Tier, but he's at the BOTTOM of the BOTTOM!)
^^ Thats his list. It's really hilarious.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
LoL at this guy talkin smack
"Ahh look at all the comment's tryin 2 defend poor yoshi. Your skill determines if your good. not the character. Iv'e shut down everyone that i kno myself uses yoshi. Yoshi is nothin 2 me. Who dares challenge me with there so called "great yoshi" i'll mop da floor wit ya lol."
And then he goes and ruins it.
"ike is & always will be best"

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Heh.

I'm starting to get depressed with Yoshi, to be honest. He's been my main since March, but any time I switch characters (even to a character I NEVER use) I perform at least one or two stocks better. Like, no joke.

It's really starting to piss me off.

Mmac

Smash Lord
LoL at this guy talkin smack
"Ahh look at all the comment's tryin 2 defend poor yoshi. Your skill determines if your good. not the character. Iv'e shut down everyone that i kno myself uses yoshi. Yoshi is nothin 2 me. Who dares challenge me with there so called "great yoshi" i'll mop da floor wit ya lol."
And then he goes and ruins it.
"ike is & always will be best"

My Yoshi's Skills are better than his Spelling Skills.

Yet, I'm the one who failed English....

What a strange, strange world we live in...

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Double post: because I'm worth it.

Jile, that's just the nature of the game. I can pick up King Dedede two hours before any of my local tournaments and plunder my entire region with reckless abandon. Meta Knight and Snake are also no contest. Besides the fact that "some characters are better than others," the fact that you perform this way is as much of a blessing as it may seem to be a curse.

Think about it. If you play a subpar character and do really well not just because you know the character well, but are a good player and know the game well, then wouldn't it be natural for you to be able to transfer those innate skills to a different character that's better and perform accordingly? It's just a testament to the fact that you can play the game, and shouldn't really be that frustrating to you. I know how you feel, trust me, but meditate on it some and I'm sure you'll find out what you want from playing Yoshi somewhere down the road.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Wise words from Shiri, one of the things I love at Yoshi is how much he teaches you about the rest of the cast. Honestly If a MK mainer played as Yoshi for a week then went back to MK, they've improved.

Scarlet, Im afraid if you pick Snake or MK, you're always going to improve that much better. They're just that freaking good. I dabble in MK in tournament because I practically have to. Still use Yoshi as my MK counter though :p and O the looks on the scrubs faces when I win. Funnay.

O&OT, Aw Hell naw!

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
This never occurred to me... if any of the great Yoshis here were so inclined to switch characters, they might be that much better with that character than everyone else.
....**** it. I'm not switching.

Depster

Smash Champion
Ya I secondary Falco and he's gotten much better, and I used him like 3 times a day on average. I thought that maybe it is just cause I like to warm up with him and that gave me that much experience, but I guess Yoshi is a great character to let you just improve on everything.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
:yoshi: Double post: because I'm worth it.

Jile, that's just the nature of the game. I can pick up King Dedede two hours before any of my local tournaments and plunder my entire region with reckless abandon. Meta Knight and Snake are also no contest. Besides the fact that "some characters are better than others," the fact that you perform this way is as much of a blessing as it may seem to be a curse.

Think about it. If you play a subpar character and do really well not just because you know the character well, but are a good player and know the game well, then wouldn't it be natural for you to be able to transfer those innate skills to a different character that's better and perform accordingly? It's just a testament to the fact that you can play the game, and shouldn't really be that frustrating to you. I know how you feel, trust me, but meditate on it some and I'm sure you'll find out what you want from playing Yoshi somewhere down the road.
I understand, and it's good to know that a lot of skills apply to the game as a whole, and can transfer.

But god **** man, I spend hours practicing **** that is Yoshi-specific so that I can enhance my game and play the character that I love to play. But at the end of the day, if I place better with Snake or MK...

WHAT'S THE POINT?!

It's a rhetorical question, obviously. The point is to have fun, do what you love, etc. But I guess the bottom line is that he's just not that great of a character, and it breaks my heart because I had such high hopes for taking him pro. > <

Scala

Smash Ace
You probably shouldn't have mained yoshi in the first place, if that's the case. Do you have vids? I'm curious as to how 'bad' you are. (Also I'm want to make sure I'm giving off the nice, not harsh impression)

Gindler

Smash Champion
I've tried that and do a little better with snake (not as good with MK). I just miss having aerials that aren't slow as crap, and with MK i miss aerial speed he is so slow in the air that i can see why he needs 5 jumps. I also use ness cause he's just yoshi with a kill at 50% move (pkt2) a guaranteed kill at 120% (bthrow) and the best spike in the game (dair, although some still think ganon's is better) all you have to give up is combo potential (just a smidge though) a good recovery for the most gimpable, and the cuteness =P

But yeah maybe I'll try secondarying more characters (ZSS in the works) and see if the yoshi skills help them out, of course yoshi will always be my main and favorite character though.

Liquid_Kai?

Smash Apprentice
Wise words from Shiri, one of the things I love at Yoshi is how much he teaches you about the rest of the cast. Honestly If a MK mainer played as Yoshi for a week then went back to MK, they've improved.

Scarlet, Im afraid if you pick Snake or MK, you're always going to improve that much better. They're just that freaking good. I dabble in MK in tournament because I practically have to. Still use Yoshi as my MK counter though :p and O the looks on the scrubs faces when I win. Funnay.

O&OT, Aw Hell naw!
So being Yoshi might help my Dedede?

I'll give it a go!

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
I've tried that and do a little better with snake (not as good with MK). I just miss having aerials that aren't slow as crap, and with MK i miss aerial speed he is so slow in the air that i can see why he needs 5 jumps. I also use ness cause he's just yoshi with a kill at 50% move (pkt2) a guaranteed kill at 120% (bthrow) and the best spike in the game (dair, although some still think ganon's is better) all you have to give up is combo potential (just a smidge though) a good recovery for the most gimpable, and the cuteness =P

But yeah maybe I'll try secondarying more characters (ZSS in the works) and see if the yoshi skills help them out, of course yoshi will always be my main and favorite character though.
Don't bother with Snake's ariels, just stay on the ground so you can use the good stuff (tilts, jab, grenades, etc.) Well, maybe a few b-airs when it's safe. Just don't miss.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
You probably shouldn't have mained yoshi in the first place, if that's the case. Do you have vids? I'm curious as to how 'bad' you are. (Also I'm want to make sure I'm giving off the nice, not harsh impression)
I have replays and stuff, but no recorded vids on my computer anymore.

My gamebridge AND computer **** the bed right in the middle of making a video, and while I have a new comp, the process of ordering a new Gamebridge has been hell. > <

EggZavier

Smash Rookie
0MG another tier list on youtube

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lE2U2Gs-ja0&feature=related

When will it stop?
---------------------------------------------------
Guys Yoshi is ___ tier in this 1 :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GIdt-a-i0oo&feature=related

he is wrong about other chars though
This 1 he is well i'm not gonna spoil it

http://youtube.com/watch?v=caWsW7u7ykY&feature=related
Again

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mNPJEL_eLA0&feature=related

This is a voting tier list help Yoshi!!!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=9AEb2BeCJPY&feature=related

Watch the whole video

rel_12

Smash Apprentice
:laugh:Wow! I can't belive They Say Yoshi is BOTTOM! I'm YelowYoshiakarel12 on Youtube =)

Mac Matrix

Smash Cadet
Three of us guys should get that guy's Brawl Code, and kill the crap out of him online.

How can yoshi be the bottom of the bottom? He's like... fifteen times better than Olimar. Snake being top tier maybe I can agree with, but the rest is just bull****.

We should make this guy play us all xD. Scatz will kick his *** with DR.

Top Bottom