• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just Smash II - Jan 7, 2007 - Fresno, CA

"D.C"

Smash Cadet
It Was A Fun Tourny But Were Are The Results Though I Wanna C Whati Got I Think Tied With Some Guy For Second Place But That Swiss Thing Is Too Good Cause I Get Money And Dsf Didnt Get It All

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Great tournament. Fun to meet up with all the fresno peeps.

The interview with Ziv is up on the site.

As far as videos. I'm going to TRY to have them up by Thursday. I have to find my encoder and all of the software, since they're scattered around my house, and I didn't reinstall it when I put in my new hard drive.

--GCII
Glenn man I really appreciate you putting me on the front page and the interview. It was really cool and I think that will help my little community here grow even more.

Thanks a ton to Norcal and Socal for showing up. Socal had 5 people come and that's a record for Fresno. You guys are all way too good.

Also DC there are results up in the tournament results forum.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
(Cross-posted from results thread)

I think the staggered point system was an interesting method, but I think it would be most accurate if just every round after the 3rd was also 3 pts, and there were a minimum of about 6 or 7 rounds.

The trouble with the system used is that basically the earlier you played DSF, the more points you got, as the rest of your matches you were given weaker opponents in general, and the LATER you played DSF, which would traditionally indicate that you are a stronger player, you would end up with fewer points.

I think that Bane's ranking system is interesting. Things to note are to compare the results of say, MrPBody and TDog in each system.

I would also like to mention that due to the way the payout was setup, if two players who are friends meet, they can manipulate the payout. Frotaz and I initially decided to let whomever wins the first match to have the second in order to buff one person's "shares." Though upon reflection, it probably would have been best to split the matches, so we'd each have a good chance to end up 9-1. If we had met in the final round, only then would it have been better to give all the matches to one player (and split the money afterwards) as it would have given perhaps 3 times as much money between the 2 players.

Top Bottom