• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just Peachy: Princess Toadstool's Moveset Speculation

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Wow! The website is back up! In honor of that I have made a thread for the Princess! This can discuss anything moveset-wise, changes, additions, etc.

Particularly, Sakurai's post on Miiverse last Thursday: that its still early in development, so the moveset could change. What do you all think this means? Discuss!

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
So far her confirmed moves to return are

Dash attack
U-tilt
F-air
B-throw
Neutral-b
and U-smash (With some kinda pretty ribbon effect)

Aside from visuals, there's been no large change to her moveset that's apparent from these screen shots...
Not that I think she needs to be changed that much anyways.

Although seeing some special moves from Super Princess Peach would be nice~

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Perhaps her final smash is going to be tweaked to something more useful and applicable?

She may also take some cues from her starring role in Super Princess Peach. Seeing Perry replace her usual parasol in her Up-B move would be neat, if anything.

D

Deleted member

I see most of Peach's moveset being intact. However, she needs a new Final Smash and I think that will definitely change.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Anyone have a suggestion for her Final Smash?

I for one hope she gets a few more killing moves. I'm fine with anything changing as long as its beneficial and still plays like Peach.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'm still (hopefully) holding out for Toad to get removed and her new Neutral B be that move from Super Princess Peach where Perry fires a projectile... maybe some healing moves too to change her playstyle. But overall, more KO moves.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
After seeing her new Back air, I think a move where she throws it boomerang-style would be cool.

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
I kinda want to see her use mail like she does in the Mario Galaxy Games. Like she can drop an envelope and pick it up for a buff.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
That's her F-Air. Always has been.

Unless Sakurai stated somewhere that it was changed to her B-Air and I missed it.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
I don't really see any stars or anything; just hearts (which were also already there). You sure you aren't confusing them for the stage lights in the back?

Her animation does look a little different now, though.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I don't really see any stars or anything; just hearts (which were also already there). You sure you aren't confusing them for the stage lights in the back?

Her animation does look a little different now, though.

XD,I don't know,i see stars on the floor,on the sides of her dress hahaha

Awaji66

Smash Apprentice
I hope If they change some of her moves , they won't get rid of her neutral B counter. Having some form of counter attack suits Peach.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Instead of having Toad as a nB, Toad could pop out in the front of her Ftilt :troll:

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Maybe her final smash can involve her getting kidnapped.
What about this:

Peach is kidnapped by Bowser Jr. and he takes her to the Koopa Clown Car. Bowser Jr. shoots a lot of fireballs in the stage to prevent enemies from rescuing Peach. Then Peach saves herself.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
I want her to use her frying pan more. I would replace Crown Smack(Front Aerial) with her pounding her enemies with said frying pan. It could be used for a meteor smash.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
That's not her Bair, that's her Fair, the way she swings her crown just looks different this time around is all.
Also I don't see her moveset changing all that much. Maybe she'll just get new animations or added effects (other than the generic air slashing effects almost everyone has now) on her moves and nothing else.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Well, now you all can see the extent of my knowledge of Peach.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
If they do plan on doing something about Toad being playable, I can see something like Toadsworth being her neutral special, but I doubt it.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Honestly they should keep the Mario series' reps as is. They already have a bunch of characters for the Mario series (including sub-series) from Brawl (and a moderate amount in Melee)a nd there's other series that could use another character or two that could end up being so much better than Toad or Waluigi or anyone else from the Super Mario universe and its sub-series alike.
Toad is still Peach's neutral B counter move anyway so he's definitely not being playable at all. There are thousands of Toads and most do look alike but I dunno, it still seems far from happening in my eyes to be honest.
I remember them saying something about probably having to cut some characters out, too, so they might try going for those that might fit best and are relatively iconic.
I dunno man, as long as they make wise decisions about who gets the boot and who joins for the first time everything should be good. They already ruined that with Wii Fit Trainer though but whatever, that's just me.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
And, of course, if anyone cares, here are the names of Peach's moves from Melee.

Weak Attacks
1-2: Royal Slap, Double Royal Slap

Strong Attacks
Upward: Crown Bash
Forward: Can-Can Kick
Downward: Elegant Sweep

SMASH ATTACKS:
Upward: Pirouette
Forward: Peach Swing
Downward: Double-Edged Gown

Dash Attack: Lady Push

Aerial Attacks:
Center: Princess Twirl
Front: Crown Smack
Back: Flying Hip
Up: Floating High Kick
Down: Stiletto Kick

Special Attacks
Standard B: Toad
Foward B: Peach Bomber
Upward B: Peach Parasol
Downward B: Vegetable

Grapples and Throw Downs
Pummel: Heel Stomp
Front: Royal Slap
Back: Iron Hip
Up: Gut Punch
Down: The Royal Treatment

Make something out of this, if you want.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I see most of her moves staying the same. Peach will probably just get some sort of new flare to her moves, like that ribbon in her Up Smash. Or all the characters and their new, more colorful motion blurs.

Her FS should be changed, or at the very least buffed.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Most of every vetran's moveset will stay pretty much the same, bar about 1-3 moves being changed,buffed,or nerfed. Peach's U-smash looks like it has a bigger hitbox... if Sakurai is smart, he'll tone down the knockback of the U-smash, cuz it was the 4th strongest (I might be mistaken) in Brawl just behind Ivysaur, Lucas, and Game & Watch.

Maybe they'll add a new hitbox knockback variation, meaning sending them vertical in the middle(sweet spot) and horizontal on the sides, like Kirby's D-smash in Brawl.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Most of every vetran's moveset will stay pretty much the same, bar about 1-3 moves being changed,buffed,or nerfed.
Kinda disappointing, considering the change Lord Bowser has gotten...

And honestly, I think some characters could really use some major tweaks and upgrades, like Samus getting her full Morph Ball mode.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
They better give her A$$ a grab box when she grabs and it should have like snake's pivot grab range when she pivot grabs. I mean come on dat ass pivoting deserves a good grab range.

And like omg they better keep her back air....... Booty out of shield OP.. HEYYYY~~~~~~ :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Yeah Nintendo should consider something out of the box like Death Battle did!

Medaka444

Smash Apprentice
- Midair jump greatly increased (though it is still fairly small)

- Vegetables do not disappear if shielded, but attacks still destroy them

- Up-smash's sweetspot is much easier to land

- Some moves deal greater knockback and have quick knockback scaling

Well, that's all I can think of.

Mastafaxa

Smash Rookie
I would be interested to know how much the images that are released are actually representative of the final product. They are still testing and it was stated that characters would receive new attacks. I suppose they are going to save release of new attacks until closer to launch, but I wonder if the moves we see in the images might be subject to change.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Just saying, someone should probably make a thread listing and showing her moves as well as one showing all her screens so far

Top Bottom