• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just Make SSB4 FUN!!!!!

Kixzynz

Smash Cadet
I am tired of all the people wanting this from Melee and that from Brawl to make it more competitive and enjoyable.

Here is an idea, make the game FUN!
Think about it like this, would you want to expand the community (by making it fun) or shrink it/keep it around the same (by making it complicated/ too competitive)?

AGREE? or DISAGREE?

DISCUSS (or Argue!) Below!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Fun is subjective. Someone will find SSB4 fun.

btw this thread won't end well, it should probably just be locked.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Fun? I'm pretty sure every Smash game till date has scored well in the Fun department. Really, this isn't something we need to discuss about.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
FUNnily enough, Sakurai already said he wanted to make the game more fun, and everybody freaked out.

TheKalmarKing

Smash Apprentice
Isn't Brawl already fun? I mean, you can just play with friends, or go to the Stadium beat your old performances. Of course tournaments may not be that fun, but it's tournaments.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
@ Oasis_S
Probably because some people may of interpret the word "fun" as being casual.

As far as Smash 4 being more fun, I'm sure it will. Every Smash title has been fun so far. Competitive or not, though I personally have more fun playing smash competitive but can still enjoy smash without the competitive scene.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
It doesn't need to be a viable competitive game for me to enjoy it, but the kind of random nonsense chaotic type fun is completely disposable. I never find myself craving that kind of stimulation so it will have to be tourney worthy if I'm going to spend $$$ on it. Otherwise I'll stick to playing at parties or at a friends.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Fun is so utterly objective, simply saying "All this game needs to be is FUN!" is worthless.

Is Smash 64 fun? For some people it's too "old" or "primitive" to be fun. The cast is too small, the stages are too few, etc.
Is Melee fun? For some people it's too fast, complicated, and technical. The gravity is too high, and it's hard to recover.
Is Brawl fun? For some people it's too slow, gimmicky, and technically broken for competitive play.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
All Smash Bros. games are fun in their own way, but I think the consensus of this site is that SSB4 should be more competitive than Brawl was. Especially online; Brawl's online was ****.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I agree, the game should just be fun. A large part of fun comes from gamefeel.

Take a book from Project M as an example of good gamefeel. Some questionable design choices, but good gamefeel minimizes the impact of any design problems.

finalark

SNORLAX
Casuallity isn't fun.
As someone who doesn't have the 300+ hours to sink into a fighting game to become competitive at it anymore I'm perfectly happy being an intermediate player at most fighters I play thank you very much.

To any game's competitive community even if you know your main's combos and inputs like the back of your hand as long as you don't know what glitches to exploit or where characters sit on a tier list you're instantly a casualfag.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I l
As someone who doesn't have the 300+ hours to sink into a fighting game to become competitive at it anymore I'm perfectly happy being an intermediate player at most fighters I play thank you very much.

To any game's competitive community even if you know your main's combos and inputs like the back of your hand as long as you don't know what glitches to exploit or where characters sit on a tier list you're instantly a casual***.
I love you.
o

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Casuallity isn't fun.
But casual is the bigger audience, which translates to more money, which is what Nintendo's ultimate goal is.
However, I think that a competitive game is the way to go, because casual players, in the end, won't really notice nor care, expanding the core audience.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Fun is subjective.

8 player battles would be fun even with sluggish Brawl physics, but I'd probably drop the game in a matter of months at most.

El Duderino

Smash Ace

To any game's competitive community even if you know your main's combos and inputs like the back of your hand as long as you don't know what glitches to exploit or where characters sit on a tier list you're instantly a casual***.
I'd say that makes you more of a moderately casual fighting game player than a casual gamer, which on the hardcore gamer scale is still probably a notable ways up there :laugh:.

Top Bottom