• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just another one of the "possibilities": Ragna the Bloodedge for Smash Ultimate!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Sadly, it appears that ArcSys has no plans for a BBTAG version 3.0, meaning that the game is done. On the one hand, some of those series had glaring omissions in their rosters (i.e. not everyone from the Investigation Team was brought back). On the other hand, that means Team Blue is free to work on something new, maybe even the next Blazblue game.
Is this officially confirmed, or is it just an assumption based on nothing being revealed today? I wouldn't be surprised with it being over, considering how long it has been, but an official statement would be nice.

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
I've never really been particularly big on Tag, so I'm not too fussed if there's no plans for anything else. I mainly just want BlazBlue 5, lol.

amageish

Smash Master
Sadly, it appears that ArcSys has no plans for a BBTAG version 3.0, meaning that the game is done. On the one hand, some of those series had glaring omissions in their rosters (i.e. not everyone from the Investigation Team was brought back). On the other hand, that means Team Blue is free to work on something new, maybe even the next Blazblue game.
Lack of news is worrying at this point for sure, in spite of the placeholder announcer files for tonnes more characters.... It is kind of a weird roster to end with, but I guess they were never going to satisfy everyone. Definitely wouldn't have expected Neo to be the only RWBY character to get in outside of Team RWBY, but she's also one of my mains now so I can't complain.

I'd probably bet on Persona 5 Arena for their next project if they've moved on.

But, hey, BBTAG is start part of ARCREVO and we got this cute art to show for it!

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Say, remember awhile back when that one Twitter account made a poll of the most wanted BBTAG characters? Well, that same account did an updated poll earlier this year and recently posted the results. I can post the entire thing (one for each series), but that'd be a lot of Twitter posts, so here's the overall list for now.

Even if BBTAG is done for now, a hypothetical sequal would have PLENTY to work with. And this is just the franchises already in the game.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Look guys, we're finally getting a Blazblue-Guilty Gear crossover! Erm, sort of...

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Okay, can somebody fact-check something for me? Apparently, Mori implied that there would be Blazblue news in 2021 (I want to say it was in Famitsu). Does anybody know about that? Because Arc System just announced a new fighting game based on Dungeon Fighter Online, and I want to make sure there wouldn't be any risk of overlap.

amageish

Smash Master
Okay, can somebody fact-check something for me? Apparently, Mori implied that there would be Blazblue news in 2021 (I want to say it was in Famitsu). Does anybody know about that? Because Arc System just announced a new fighting game based on Dungeon Fighter Online, and I want to make sure there wouldn't be any risk of overlap.
Famitsu has yearly interviews with devs where they express their ambitions for the coming year and Mori did mention he wants to work on Blazblue with his key word being "Restart." That said, that doesn't mean we'll be getting actual news in 2021; it is more then possible that this just means he'll be doing some sort of series planning personally. The word "Restart" makes me doubt that they're currently in development of a BlazBlue game, honestly.

As they currently have Guilty Gear and that Dungeon Fighter Online game in development... also support for Dragon Ball Fighter Z and Granblue Fantasy Versus are both going strong... In collaboration with Wayfoward, they've both confirmed another River City Girls game and a new game based on RWBY. That's a lot of games. I kind of doubt we'd get anything more then a spin-off for BlazBlue with all that going on - maybe something like the BlayzBloo games we used to get on DS...

amageish

Smash Master
Well, we're getting a new Blazblue game. Just not the one we were expecting...

I mean, this will give us a lot of good new art of BB characters, if nothing else? I'm not sure I'll pick it up myself, but, like, I don't mind looking at the PNG files for it.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I mean, this will give us a lot of good new art of BB characters, if nothing else? I'm not sure I'll pick it up myself, but, like, I don't mind looking at the PNG files for it.
I would at least hope it's at least a LITTLE generous. Dragalia Lost has spoiled me...

Although here's something interesting:

I don't know if this is meant to imply anything, but hey, BBTAG is at least getting SOMETHING new.

amageish

Smash Master
I would at least hope it's at least a LITTLE generous. Dragalia Lost has spoiled me...

Although here's something interesting:

I don't know if this is meant to imply anything, but hey, BBTAG is at least getting SOMETHING new.
That's valid... My phone only has room for one game, so I just play Fire Emblem Heroes...

Well, that's nice of them I guess? I doubt that BBTAG is likely to have a comeback though, as, like, it'd need something big to get a stable playerbase at this point...

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
That's valid... My phone only has room for one game, so I just play Fire Emblem Heroes...

Well, that's nice of them I guess? I doubt that BBTAG is likely to have a comeback though, as, like, it'd need something big to get a stable playerbase at this point...
Yeah, at this point we're better off hoping BBTAG2 becomes a thing... and that they add Skullgirls characters.

What? ArcSys published the game in Japan, they can work something out!

amageish

Smash Master
Yeah, at this point we're better off hoping BBTAG2 becomes a thing... and that they add Skullgirls characters.

What? ArcSys published the game in Japan, they can work something out!
Hey, maybe the Skullgirls dev team imploding and having to be rebuilt would make them easier to work with haha... 😅

A BBTAG2 would be nice to have eventually, as there were some great ideas there that were just screwed over by release timing and the controversies regarding the amount of DLC it had... At least we know BB and Under-Night are still getting games, plus Persona 5 Arena has had a Japanese trademark and they've announced a new RWBY project being made alongside WayFoward. So, the essentials are still there, I suppose.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Sure! Why not.
In that case, I already mentioned Skullgirls, but for more specifics, I'd go with Filia (basically the mascot) and Peacock (my personal favorite). Also Squigly if possible.

As for the returning series, I'd at least add the top characters from that newest Ballot thing I posted awhile back. Those characters being Kokonoe from Blazblue, Rise from Persona, Byakuya from UNIB, Qrow from RWBY, Scharlachrot from Arcana Hearts, Asuka from Senran Kagura, and Perfecti from Akatsuki. Figured if we're making a sequal, we may as well get the popular ones out of the way. Though keep in mind, I'm assuming that they'll just reuse the assets from the first game, thus allowing them to bring back all the other characters.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

amageish

Smash Master
In that case, I already mentioned Skullgirls, but for more specifics, I'd go with Filia (basically the mascot) and Peacock (my personal favorite). Also Squigly if possible.

As for the returning series, I'd at least add the top characters from that newest Ballot thing I posted awhile back. Those characters being Kokonoe from Blazblue, Rise from Persona, Byakuya from UNIB, Qrow from RWBY, Scharlachrot from Arcana Hearts, Asuka from Senran Kagura, and Perfecti from Akatsuki. Figured if we're making a sequal, we may as well get the popular ones out of the way. Though keep in mind, I'm assuming that they'll just reuse the assets from the first game, thus allowing them to bring back all the other characters.
That's a good set of choices! I'd definitely want to add all of those to the roster. I'd probably toss in Team JNPR to join Team RWBY as well, then try to boost Arcana Hearts, Senran Kagura, and Akatsuki a so they have a bit larger slice of the roster overall...

In terms of new franchises... I do like Skullgirls as a choice for sure! Melty Blood could be fun. Maybe add in random other stuff ArcSys owns - 2d-fighter-ify the kits of River City and Double Dragon characters? I know Dan Salvato tweeted about DDLC inclusion once, a thing that I wish people replied to positively instead of with Monika for Smash memes, as I think that could potentially happen if there was demonstrable demand for it.

Clearly, this means BBTAG 3.0 is getting announced tomorrow, alongside BBTAG2 coming the very next day.

It's all coming together.
Oh, of course... Then we get a new mainline BB game announced next month, right? After which EVO rebrands as Blazevo and covers only BB games.

Your profile pic makes "It's all coming together" weirdly fitting...
It mostly just makes me feel like...

kaede.jpg

yes, I just spent like 12 minutes in photoshop for that one joke. No regrets.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
That's a good set of choices! I'd definitely want to add all of those to the roster. I'd probably toss in Team JNPR to join Team RWBY as well, then try to boost Arcana Hearts, Senran Kagura, and Akatsuki a so they have a bit larger slice of the roster overall...

In terms of new franchises... I do like Skullgirls as a choice for sure! Melty Blood could be fun. Maybe add in random other stuff ArcSys owns - 2d-fighter-ify the kits of River City and Double Dragon characters? I know Dan Salvato tweeted about DDLC inclusion once, a thing that I wish people replied to positively instead of with Monika for Smash memes, as I think that could potentially happen if there was demonstrable demand for it.

Oh, of course... Then we get a new mainline BB game announced next month, right? After which EVO rebrands as Blazevo and covers only BB games.

View attachment 299421

Yeah, I remember a LOT of people were hoping for Skullgirls, and to be fair I always thought it'd be a good fit, so yeah. Melty Blood could work too, pretty sure that one had a guest character in UNIB just like Akatsuki, and look at what happened. And wasn't there a Double Dragon fighting game at one point? It wasn't made by ArcSys, but I think it was meant to tie in to either the cartoon or the movie, don't remember which. Also, if Dan Salvato is willing, I'm sure SOMETHING can happen, though I have a hard time seeing DDLC working in... ANY fighting game, really.

Also, make sure to save that Kaede meme. I have a feeling you're gonna need it...

Hinata

Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

View attachment 299421

Mom said it was my turn to have a comfort character to hyperfixate on!

I've been rewatching some Danganronpa related stuff recently and it just reminded me how much I love Kaede. She's so good.

amageish

Smash Master
Yeah, I remember a LOT of people were hoping for Skullgirls, and to be fair I always thought it'd be a good fit, so yeah. Melty Blood could work too, pretty sure that one had a guest character in UNIB just like Akatsuki, and look at what happened. And wasn't there a Double Dragon fighting game at one point? It wasn't made by ArcSys, but I think it was meant to tie in to either the cartoon or the movie, don't remember which. Also, if Dan Salvato is willing, I'm sure SOMETHING can happen, though I have a hard time seeing DDLC working in... ANY fighting game, really.

Also, make sure to save that Kaede meme. I have a feeling you're gonna need it...
Yeah, Skullgirls was a big request for sure... I think that and Fate/ are probably the two requests I saw the most? Skullgirls definitely has way more connection to the devs though... Melty Blood does have a guest in UNIB and shares a developer with it (French Bread). Only problem is that it is co-owned by Type Moon... So, it could be harder to secure the rights to use, but also I assume that they're still on good terms with French Bread... I, uh, completely forgot that the Double Dragon movie had a fighting game, but yes. You are correct. I also don't think it was very well-received though, so, um, maybe don't pull from that one...

DDLC in a fighting game is, uh, definitely a challenge, but I imagine it'd end up working as (DDLC spoilers) half Taiga from Toradora as depicted in Dengeki Bunko, with a lot of random slice-of-life-y items being pulled out to attack with, and half Deadpool from MvC, with some UI interaction in moves and meta jokes. Probably wouldn't be enough for 4 movesets, but I could see one?

Mom said it was my turn to have a comfort character to hyperfixate on!

I've been rewatching some Danganronpa related stuff recently and it just reminded me how much I love Kaede. She's so good.
Mood... I think this pandemic has turned me into a more hardcore Danganronpa fan then I would have ever been otherwise... It's weird that a franchise like it has a lot of comfort characters and couples for me, but... oh well!

And Kaede's also my favourite. Also, hey, here's a Smash moveset I worked hard on and commissioned art of... it has Kaede in it and I'm very happy with how it turned out.

Hinata

Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Mood... I think this pandemic has turned me into a more hardcore Danganronpa fan then I would have ever been otherwise... It's weird that a franchise like it has a lot of comfort characters and couples for me, but... oh well!

And Kaede's also my favourite. Also, hey, here's a Smash moveset I worked hard on and commissioned art of... it has Kaede in it and I'm very happy with how it turned out.
Oh, I love that moveset! I use it as an example of how the Danganronpa protags could work well in Smash. I didn't know you were the one who commissioned it, though! That's hella neat!

amageish

Smash Master
Oh, I love that moveset! I use it as an example of how the Danganronpa protags could work well in Smash. I didn't know you were the one who commissioned it, though! That's hella neat!
Oh, yay! I'm glad people are getting use out of it! I'm really happy with how it turned out... And, yes, that's my throwaway Smash speculation Twitter account.

Fun Easter Egg: DR1 Spoilers The items used as gifts for the jabs are ones preferred by the DR1 survivors!

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Oh, yay! I'm glad people are getting use out of it! I'm really happy with how it turned out... And, yes, that's my throwaway Smash speculation Twitter account.

Fun Easter Egg: DR1 Spoilers The items used as gifts for the jabs are ones preferred by the DR1 survivors!
You referenced my girl Hina. You have my respect.

Anyway, since this is a Blazblue thread... Danganronpa in BBTAG2?

Hinata

Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

I mean, ****, I'd take it. Kodaka has gone on record saying he wants to make a Danganronpa fighting game before.

amageish

Smash Master

I mean, the donut pool toy is also just one of the best gifts in the franchise. Perfectly suited for Hina and very funny.

I do recall some DR speculation about the pink diamond when it was first shown! It could be fun, though I imagine they'd have to focus on the ones who actually fight (i.e., Sakura, Mukuro, Peko, Komaru, Tenko, Maki, etc.)... Alternatively, I guess they could just go all-out with people's talents and give people physics-defying powers based on them. Byakuya makes money appear. Hina's a waterbender. Nagito is permabanned from competitive play as every move has a luck/chance element to it. Kaede makes giant musical notes appear, like the Wind Waker weapon in Warriors. And Himiko was an Ultimate Mage all along; why did you ever doubt her?

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
After Sol, i come here again but this time for made a Ragna's DLC Concept, like the last one, let's start with the trailer:
The trailer uses the style of animation of the Blazblue's opening like this one:
The trailer is similar to the Terry's trailer with various character from the series (like Noel, Jin, Taokaka, Azrael or Naoto) try to grab the Smash card unsuccessfully, someones like Rachel only expects the letter flying in the wind, in the end Ragna's find the letter, appearing his splash card "Ragna: Actives the Blazblue!" starting the classic section with gameplay, showing the stage and the mechanics of Ragna ending with Ragna using his Final Smash.

General Info:
Ragna is a mid-weight rushdown character, has poorly defensive or zoning options but it rewards with attacks of great power, as well as its incredible qualities, one of the most notable being its ability to recover life with certain attacks.

Gimmicks:
-Mirrored: Like the anothers FG Characters in Smash, when Ragna fights in a 1v1 match he always stance looking the opponent.
-Command Inputs: Again, like the another FG Chars in Smash the Ragna's Specials can be enhanced using the command inputs from he origin game.
-Air Dash: Just like in Blazblue, you can use your second jump for perform a air dash instead, this air dash can be directioned backwards too.
-Soul Eater: Ragna's Smash Attacks (Drives) and some specials can heal Ragna when hits an enemy, the quantity of life stealed depends of the move.
-Heat Gauge: Main Ragna's gimmick, the Heat Gauge appear upwards the regular Ragna's HUD, the design of the Heat Gauge resembles the Central Fiction version (without numbers), Ragna can use the Heat Gauge for perform his Distortion Drives.
-Burst Gauge: Second Ragna's main gimmick, the Burst Gauge works different in comparation to his main series with a more passive uses, a circle-like gauge appears in the left side of the Heat Gauge indicating the Burst, when a battle stars you have only 3 of Burst, this gauge fills with the time, but some thinks like the actual Ragna's percent of damage or inflict damage to the oponnent increases the quantity of Burst adquired, when the Burst Gauge is repleted Ragna automatically automatically enters in his Overdrive state, Blood Kain IDEA, in this state Ragna's Soul Eater attacks are upgrated with more damage, bigger hitboxes, more lifesteal and in some times different propierties.

Jab, Dash and Tilts:
Jab: A simple revolver combo: 5A, 5B and 5C
Dash: 6B, actually not a Dash but can works
-F Tilt: 6C, tap again for the second hit
-U Tilt: 6A, traditional Ragna's anti-air
-D Tilt: 2B, 3C can works too but 2B is more simple

Smash Attacks:
-F Smash: 5D, steals 7% of health
-U Smash: 6D, steals 8% of health
-D Smash: 2D, steals 6% of health

Aerials:
-Nair: j.A
-Fair: j.B
-Bair: j.C
-Uair: Upper follow up from Inferno Divider
-Dair: Downgraded Blood Scythe, only one blow.

Grab, Pummel and Throws:
-Grab: The same for Central Fiction and the rest of the games
-Pummel: Classic Swordfighter pummel using the mango of his sword
-F Throw: Ragna's air throw, ironic.
-B Throw: Ragna's back throw.
-U Throw: Ragna's front throw.
-D Throw: Is not over yet, but downgraded.

Specials Moves, Distortion Drives and Final Smash:
Dead Spike: Based in the B version from Cross Tag Battle but ligerally reduced in height, has poorly range, in air this move is the A version of the move, again, with less height. Steal 5% of life. Using the quarter-circle forward motion the attack is the C variant from Cross Tag Battle.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hell's Fang/Gauntlet Hades:
In ground this move is Hell's Fang, has a follow up with knockback. Only the follow up steal life (6%). In air this move is Gauntlet Hades, the follow up has knockback too, only the follow up steal life (4%), both moves can be upgraded using the quarter-circle back motion. Gains range and damage.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inferno Divider: Ragna's DP, the range of the move is considerable small but can works has a pseudo-vertical recovery, using the command variant increases the range considerable. Using the quarter-circle back motion during the move perform a follow up attack, perfect for end a combo.

Nightmare Edge: In the floor Ragna performs a jump before uses the move, deals huge damage but has poor killpower. The follow-up steals 5% of damage. This move no has a motion input variant.

Carnage Scissors: Great combo ender, using double half-circle back + forward you can perform a quick dash and deals a final blow healing 12%, in Overdrive the move deals more hits and more damage, also steals 16% of life.

Devoured by Darkness:
For uses this move you need to use the motion double half-circle back. Heals a lot, 18% in normal and 23% in Overdrive mode.

Black Onslaught:
Ragna's iconic Astral Heat, if in the final blow the oponnent only have 1 stock and is defeated the classic ASTRAL FINISH message appears.
Miscellaneous:
-Color Palettes:
All palettes are based in palettes that Ragna has in Blazblue Central Fiction:
-Red: Classic Ragna's colors.
-"Jin Colors": Ragna with the color scheme from his brother.
-Yellow: One of the Ragna's palettes, resembles the Taokaka color scheme.
-White: Another one of the Ragna's palettes, resembles Hakumen color scheme.
-Green: Another one of the Ragna's palettes.
-"Sol Colors": A Sol Badguy color scheme
-Orange and Purple: Ragna palette with a Halloween motif, Ragna's skin changes too.
-Black and Red: The most edgy of the Ragna's palettes.

-Classic Mode: "The Power of the Azure!"
Like other fighters, the Ragna's classic route reference fighters from his series.
Round 1: Vs. :ultchrom:
Iceberg (Battlefield) - Lust SIN
Chrom reference Jin Kisaragi (similar figure).

Round 2: Vs. :ultzss:
Monorail - Bullet Dance II
Reference Noel, similar color palette and both have guns (but Samus only has one).

Round 3: Vs. :ultpeach: (mini) (dark palette)
Dracula's Castle - Queen of Roses
Reference Rachel Alucard, both uses dress and fight with umbrellas (well, a cat-umbrella in the case of Rachel).

Round 3: Vs. :ultbrawler: (Steampunk Outfit/Top hat) :ultpalutena: (purple palette)
WarioWare - X-Matic II
Reference Carl Clover.

Round 4: Vs. :ultcloud: (Advent Children)
Ygdrassil's Altar - Black Aggresion
Reference Kagura, both have huge swords.

Round 5: Vs. :ultganondorf: (dark brown palette)
Regna Ferox's Coliseum - The Tyrant
Reference Azrael.

Round 6: Vs. :ultmetaknight: (white palette)
Eldin Bridge - SUSANOOH II
Reference Hakumen.

Final Boss: Vs. Ganon
MUST DIE
Reference Susanoo.

-Stage: Monorail
Ragna's Stage in Calamity Trigger, the stage is flat but you can jump and climb some estrctures. Some characters can appear in the fight has spectators like Iron Tager, Noel Vermillion, Rachel Alucard or Jin Kisaragi for some examples. Maybe the train can be a stage hazard?

-Music
A difference to my Sol's concept, in this case I only choose Blazblue music, because repeating the joke does not give the same effect, so the list compends more of 20 songs, enjoy!
(The songs with a red color are arrangments/remixes)
-Rebellion (I/II)
-Lust SIN (I/II)
-Under Heaven Destruction (I/II)

-BLACK ONSLAUGHT II
-Bullet Dance (I/II)
-Queen of Roses II
-MOTOR HEAD
-Catus Carnival II
-SUSANOOH (I/II)
-Awakening of the Chaos II
-Glutonny Fang
-Condemnation Wings II
-Active Angel II
-Plastic Night II
- X-Matic II
-Endless Despair II
-Imperial Code II
-in JUSTICE
-Black & White
-Blood Pain II
-SIX-HEROES
-Crystal Forest
-Jaeger
-Walpurgisnacht
-conciliation
-
STAND UNRIVALED
-MUST DIE

If I didn't explain myself as much as the previous time, it's because I'm starting to play Blazblue, I started about a month ago but I've fallen in love with the franchise anyway, so I wanted to make a moveset for its protagonist (Rest in peace hero).
Well that's all, this time probably I late a little more for the next part because i didn't made the spirits for now, so stand by!

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
After Sol, i come here again but this time for made a Ragna's DLC Concept, like the last one, let's start with the trailer:
The trailer uses the style of animation of the Blazblue's opening like this one:
The trailer is similar to the Terry's trailer with various character from the series (like Noel, Jin, Taokaka, Azrael or Naoto) try to grab the Smash card unsuccessfully, someones like Rachel only expects the letter flying in the wind, in the end Ragna's find the letter, appearing his splash card "Ragna: Actives the Blazblue!" starting the classic section with gameplay, showing the stage and the mechanics of Ragna ending with Ragna using his Final Smash.

General Info:
Ragna is a mid-weight rushdown character, has poorly defensive or zoning options but it rewards with attacks of great power, as well as its incredible qualities, one of the most notable being its ability to recover life with certain attacks.

Gimmicks:
-Mirrored: Like the anothers FG Characters in Smash, when Ragna fights in a 1v1 match he always stance looking the opponent.
-Command Inputs: Again, like the another FG Chars in Smash the Ragna's Specials can be enhanced using the command inputs from he origin game.
-Air Dash: Just like in Blazblue, you can use your second jump for perform a air dash instead, this air dash can be directioned backwards too.
-Soul Eater: Ragna's Smash Attacks (Drives) and some specials can heal Ragna when hits an enemy, the quantity of life stealed depends of the move.
-Heat Gauge: Main Ragna's gimmick, the Heat Gauge appear upwards the regular Ragna's HUD, the design of the Heat Gauge resembles the Central Fiction version (without numbers), Ragna can use the Heat Gauge for perform his Distortion Drives.
-Burst Gauge: Second Ragna's main gimmick, the Burst Gauge works different in comparation to his main series with a more passive uses, a circle-like gauge appears in the left side of the Heat Gauge indicating the Burst, when a battle stars you have only 3 of Burst, this gauge fills with the time, but some thinks like the actual Ragna's percent of damage or inflict damage to the oponnent increases the quantity of Burst adquired, when the Burst Gauge is repleted Ragna automatically automatically enters in his Overdrive state, Blood Kain IDEA, in this state Ragna's Soul Eater attacks are upgrated with more damage, bigger hitboxes, more lifesteal and in some times different propierties.

Jab, Dash and Tilts:

Smash Attacks:

Aerials:

Grab, Pummel and Throws:

Dead Spike: Based in the B version from Cross Tag Battle but ligerally reduced in height, has poorly range, in air this move is the A version of the move, again, with less height. Steal 5% of life. Using the quarter-circle forward motion the attack is the C variant from Cross Tag Battle.

In ground this move is Hell's Fang, has a follow up with knockback. Only the follow up steal life (6%). In air this move is Gauntlet Hades, the follow up has knockback too, only the follow up steal life (4%), both moves can be upgraded using the quarter-circle back motion. Gains range and damage.
Inferno Divider: Ragna's DP, the range of the move is considerable small but can works has a pseudo-vertical recovery, using the command variant increases the range considerable. Using the quarter-circle back motion during the move perform a follow up attack, perfect for end a combo.

Nightmare Edge: In the floor Ragna performs a jump before uses the move, deals huge damage but has poor killpower. The follow-up steals 5% of damage. This move no has a motion input variant.

Carnage Scissors: Great combo ender, using double half-circle back + forward you can perform a quick dash and deals a final blow healing 12%, in Overdrive the move deals more hits and more damage, also steals 16% of life.

Devoured by Darkness:
For uses this move you need to use the motion double half-circle back. Heals a lot, 18% in normal and 23% in Overdrive mode.

Black Onslaught:
Ragna's iconic Astral Heat, if in the final blow the oponnent only have 1 stock and is defeated the classic ASTRAL FINISH message appears.
Miscellaneous:
-Color Palettes:
-Orange and Purple: Ragna palette with a Halloween motif, Ragna's skin changes too.

Like other fighters, the Ragna's classic route reference fighters from his series.

Reference Noel, similar color palette and both have guns (but Samus only has one).

Reference Rachel Alucard, both uses dress and fight with umbrellas (well, a cat-umbrella in the case of Rachel).

Round 3: Vs. :ultbrawler: (Steampunk Outfit/Top hat) :ultpalutena: (purple palette)
WarioWare - X-Matic II
Reference Carl Clover.

Regna Ferox's Coliseum - The Tyrant
Reference Azrael.

Reference Hakumen.

MUST DIE
Reference Susanoo.

Ragna's Stage in Calamity Trigger, the stage is flat but you can jump and climb some estrctures. Some characters can appear in the fight has spectators like Iron Tager, Noel Vermillion, Rachel Alucard or Jin Kisaragi for some examples. Maybe the train can be a stage hazard?

-Music
A difference to my Sol's concept, in this case I only choose Blazblue music, because repeating the joke does not give the same effect, so the list compends more of 20 songs, enjoy!
-Rebellion (I/II)
-Lust SIN (I/II)

-BLACK ONSLAUGHT II
-Bullet Dance (I/II)
-Queen of Roses II
-MOTOR HEAD
-Catus Carnival II
-SUSANOOH (I/II)
-Glutonny Fang
-Condemnation Wings II
-Active Angel II
-Plastic Night II
- X-Matic II
-Endless Despair II
-Imperial Code II
-in JUSTICE
-Black & White
-Blood Pain II
-SIX-HEROES
-Crystal Forest
-Jaeger
-Walpurgisnacht
-conciliation
-
STAND UNRIVALED
-MUST DIE

If I didn't explain myself as much as the previous time, it's because I'm starting to play Blazblue, I started about a month ago but I've fallen in love with the franchise anyway, so I wanted to make a moveset for its protagonist (Rest in peace hero).
Well that's all, this time probably I late a little more for the next part because i didn't made the spirits for now, so stand by!
I have another idea for the splash page: "Ragna can't escape Smash!" in reference to BBTAG's "Can't escape from crossing fate!" and his status as the cosmic plaything in the Blazblue universe.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion

General Info:

Gimmicks:

Jab, Dash and Tilts:

Smash Attacks:

Aerials:

Grab, Pummel and Throws:

Devoured by Darkness:

Black Onslaught:
Miscellaneous:
-Color Palettes:

Round 3: Vs. :ultbrawler: (Steampunk Outfit/Top hat) :ultdaisy: (purple palette)
WarioWare - X-Matic II
Reference Carl Clover.

Arena Ferox - The Tyrant
Reference Azrael.

Reference Hakumen.

MUST DIE
Reference Susanoo.

-Music
-Rebellion (I/II)
-Lust SIN (I/II)

-BLACK ONSLAUGHT II
-Bullet Dance (I/II)
-Queen of Roses II
-MOTOR HEAD
-Catus Carnival II
-SUSANOOH (I/II)
-Glutonny Fang
-Condemnation Wings II
-Active Angel II
-Plastic Night II
- X-Matic II
-Endless Despair II
-Imperial Code II
-in JUSTICE
-Black & White
-Blood Pain II
-SIX-HEROES
-In the Shadows
-Crystal Forest
-Jaeger
-Walpurgisnacht
-conciliation
-
STAND UNRIVALED
-MUST DIE

Part 2 time, now with the spirits and Miis, no Extras this time, sorry.
Spirit Board:

Spirit Battles:
Suppor Spirit: Noel Vermillion :ultzss:
Type: Defense
Class: Ace ★★★☆
Slots: 1
Stage: Monorail
Music: Bullet Dance II
Conditions: The enemy favors neutral attacks, the projectiles of the enemy are stronger, the enemy has a enhaced Ray Gun
Ability: Shooting Attack ↑

The Ray Gun and the own Samus Gun are a reference to Bolverk, the Noel's guns.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Primary Spirit: Jin Kisaragi :ultchrom:
Type: Attack
Class: Advanced ★★☆☆
Slots: 3
Stage: Iceberg (Battlefield)
Music: Lust SIN
Conditions: The enemy sword attacks are increased, the floor is frozen.
Ability: Ice-Floor Inmmunity

The frozen floor and the stage represents Jin's ice abilities
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Primary Spirit: Iron Tager :ultbowser: (red palette)
Type: Grab
Class: Novice ★☆☆☆
Music: MOTOR HEAD
Conditions: The enemy favors side special, the floor is electrified.
Ability: None

The Bowser's Side Special represent Iron Tager's command grabs, the zap floor represent Tager's electric powers.
Support Spirit: Hibiki Kohaku :ultsheik: :ultsheik:(x3) (black palette)
Stage: Pirate Ship
Music: In the Shadows
Conditions: Reinforcement will appear after an enemy is KO'd
Ability: Down Special ↑

The stage reference Hibiki's stage: Airship. The black Sheiks reference Hibiki's shadow abilities.
Support Spirit: Rachel Alucard :ultpeach: (dark palette)
Slots: 2
Stage: Dracula's Castle
Music: Queen of Roses
Conditions: Certain items will appear in large number (Hotheads), dangerously high winds are in effect, hostile assist trophies will appear (Alucard)
Ability: Electric Attacks ↑

The Hotheads represents Rachel's electric powers and Alucard is a reference to the Rachel's last name.
Support Spirit: Hazama :ultminmin (green/yellow palette)
Stage: Fourside (Omega)
Music: Glutonny Fang
Conditions: The enemy specials are increased.
Ability: Strong Throw

Min Min's arms represents Hazama's chains.
Primary Spirit: Tsubaki Yayoi :ultpalutena:
Type: Neutral
Music: in JUSTICE
Conditions: The enemy has increased power
Ability: Evolves in Lvl 99.

Palutena resembles the "angelical" theme in Tsubaki

Primary Spirit: Izayoi
Ability: Critical Hit ↑ ↑
Support Spirit: :ultbrawler: (Steampunk Outfit/Top hat) :ultdaisy: (purple palette)
Stage: WarioWare
Music: X-Matic II
Conditions: The enemy is metal (Daisy)
Ability: Undamaged Attack ↑
Primary Spirit: Kagura Mutsuki :ultcloud: (Advent Children)
Stage: Yggdrassil's Altar
Music: Dark Aggresion
Conditions: The enenmy sword attacks are increased, the enemy has reduced speed.
Ability: Sword Attacks ↑
Support Spirit: Naoto Kurogane :ultlittlemac: (red/dark blue palette)
Stage: Coliseum
Music: Jaeger
Conditions: Enemy's physical attacks are increased, the enemy favors specials.
Ability: Physical Attacks ↑

Naoto and Mac are quick and stronger fighters.
Primary Spirit: Azrael :ultganondorf: (dark brown palette)
Stage: Arena Ferox
Music: The Tyrant
Conditions: The enemy has increased power, stamina battle (200hp), the gravity is increased.
Ability: Unflinching Charged Smashes
Support Spirit: Relius Clover :ultsnake: :ultzss: (red palette)
Stage: Shadow Mosses Island
Music: Plastic Night II
Conditions: The enemy is metal (Samus), the enemy physical attacks are increased (Samus)
Ability: Made of Metal

Zero Suit Samus reference Ignis, the Relius's Doll.
Primary Spirit: Platinum the Trinity :ultpalutena: (blue palette) (small)
Stage: Magicant
Music: Active Angel II
Conditions: Random items will appear during the battle, Magic and PSI unleashed.
Ability: Magic Resist ↑
Primary Spirit: Hakumen :ultmetaknight: (white palette)
Stage: Eldin Bridge
Music: SUSANOOH
Conditions: The enemy sword attacks are increased, the enemy starts the battle with a enhanced Killing Edge, the enemy perfect shields often.
Ability: Easier Perfect Shield

The spirit ability reference Hakumen's counter abilities.
Primary Spirit: Yuuki Terumi :ultrobin: (green palette)
Class: Legend ★★★★
Stage: Northern Cave
Music: Endless Despair II
Conditions: Magic and PSI unleashed, the enemy's grabs are increased, the enemy's specials are increased.
Ability: Magic Attack ↑ ↑

Yuuki and Robin has magic abilities, also They both have coats.

Primary Spirit: Susano'o
Slots: 0
Conditions: Needs to be summoned using a Yuuki Terumi spirit, a Hakumen spirit and a random Neutral Spirit.
Ability: Critical Hit ↑↑↑
Support Spirit: The Six Heroes :ultwolf: (black palette), :ultincineroar: (shiny palette), :ultpalutena: , :ultbayonetta1: , :ultmetaknight: (white palette), :ultrobin: (green palette)
Stage: Final Destination
Music: SIX-HEROES
Conditions: (the conditions of Meta Knight/Hakumen and Robin/Yuuki Terumi remains), reinforcements will appear during the battle, the enemy's physical attacks are stronger (Wolf), the enemy has a Killing Edge (Incineroar), the enemy speed increase (Incineroar), Magic and PSI unleashed, the enemy favors Smash Attacks (Bayonetta)
Ability: Critical Stats ↑↑

Wolf reference Valkenhayn, Incineroar reference Jubei, Palutena reference Trinity Glassfield, Bayonetta reference Konoe Mercury/Nine the Phantom, and Meta Knight and Robin still reference Hakumen and Yuuki Terumi respectly

Mii Costumes:
Noel Vermillion: :ultgunner: (Noel's Outfit/Noel's Hat)
Jin Kisaragi: :ultswordfighter: (Jin's Outfit/Jin's Wig)
Naoto Kurogane: :ultbrawler: (Naoto's Outfit/Naoto's Wig)
Kyoko: :ultswordfighter: (Kyoko's Outfit)
Misako: :ultbrawler: (Misako's Outfit)

For the next time you see me here it will be a while, I will plan more coldly which would be the next character that I will moveset, tempted by Dante or Toxtricity. Anyway, see you in the next one!

KillerCage

Smash Master
Part 2 time, now with the spirits and Miis, no Extras this time, sorry.
Spirit Board:

Spirit Battles:
Suppor Spirit: Noel Vermillion :ultzss:
Music: Bullet Dance II
Conditions: The enemy favors neutral attacks, the projectiles of the enemy are stronger, the enemy has a enhaced Ray Gun
Ability: Shooting Attack ↑

The Ray Gun and the own Samus Gun are a reference to Bolverk, the Noel's guns.
Primary Spirit: Jin Kisaragi :ultchrom:
Stage: Iceberg (Battlefield)
Music: Lust SIN
Conditions: The enemy sword attacks are increased, the floor is frozen.
Ability: Ice-Floor Inmmunity

The frozen floor and the stage represents Jin's ice abilities
Primary Spirit: Iron Tager :ultbowser: (red palette)
Music: MOTOR HEAD
Conditions: The enemy favors side special, the floor is electrified.
Ability: None

The Bowser's Side Special represent Iron Tager's command grabs, the zap floor represent Tager's electric powers.
Support Spirit: Hibiki Kohaku :ultsheik: :ultsheik:(x3) (black palette)
Stage: Pirate Ship
Music: In the Shadows
Conditions: Reinforcement will appear after an enemy is KO'd
Ability: Down Special ↑

The stage reference Hibiki's stage: Airship. The black Sheiks reference Hibiki's shadow abilities.
Support Spirit: Rachel Alucard :ultpeach: (dark palette)
Stage: Dracula's Castle
Music: Queen of Roses
Conditions: Certain items will appear in large number (Hotheads), dangerously high winds are in effect, hostile assist trophies will appear (Alucard)
Ability: Electric Attacks ↑

The Hotheads represents Rachel's electric powers and Alucard is a reference to the Rachel's last name.
Support Spirit: Hazama :ultminmin (green/yellow palette)
Stage: Fourside (Omega)
Music: Glutonny Fang
Conditions: The enemy specials are increased.
Ability: Strong Throw

Min Min's arms represents Hazama's chains.
Primary Spirit: Tsubaki Yayoi :ultpalutena:
Music: in JUSTICE
Conditions: The enemy has increased power
Ability: Evolves in Lvl 99.

Palutena resembles the "angelical" theme in Tsubaki

Primary Spirit: Izayoi
Ability: Critical Hit ↑ ↑
Support Spirit: :ultbrawler: (Steampunk Outfit/Top hat) :ultdaisy: (purple palette)
Stage: WarioWare
Music: X-Matic II
Conditions: The enemy is metal (Daisy)
Ability: Undamaged Attack ↑
Primary Spirit: Kagura Mutsuki :ultcloud: (Advent Children)
Stage: Yggdrassil's Altar
Music: Dark Aggresion
Conditions: The enenmy sword attacks are increased, the enemy has reduced speed.
Ability: Sword Attacks ↑
Support Spirit: Naoto Kurogane :ultlittlemac: (red/dark blue palette)
Stage: Coliseum
Music: Jaeger
Conditions: Enemy's physical attacks are increased, the enemy favors specials.
Ability: Physical Attacks ↑

Naoto and Mac are quick and stronger fighters.
Primary Spirit: Azrael :ultganondorf: (dark brown palette)
Stage: Arena Ferox
Music: The Tyrant
Conditions: The enemy has increased power, stamina battle (200hp), the gravity is increased.
Ability: Unflinching Charged Smashes
Support Spirit: Relius Clover :ultsnake: :ultzss: (red palette)
Stage: Shadow Mosses Island
Music: Plastic Night II
Conditions: The enemy is metal (Samus), the enemy physical attacks are increased (Samus)
Ability: Made of Metal

Zero Suit Samus reference Ignis, the Relius's Doll.
Primary Spirit: Platinum the Trinity :ultpalutena: (blue palette) (small)
Stage: Magicant
Music: Active Angel II
Conditions: Random items will appear during the battle, Magic and PSI unleashed.
Ability: Magic Resist ↑
Primary Spirit: Hakumen :ultmetaknight: (white palette)
Stage: Eldin Bridge
Music: SUSANOOH
Conditions: The enemy sword attacks are increased, the enemy starts the battle with a enhanced Killing Edge, the enemy perfect shields often.
Ability: Easier Perfect Shield

The spirit ability reference Hakumen's counter abilities.
Primary Spirit: Yuuki Terumi :ultrobin: (green palette)
Stage: Northern Cave
Music: Endless Despair II
Conditions: Magic and PSI unleashed, the enemy's grabs are increased, the enemy's specials are increased.
Ability: Magic Attack ↑ ↑

Yuuki and Robin has magic abilities, also They both have coats.

Primary Spirit: Susano'o
Slots: 0
Conditions: Needs to be summoned using a Yuuki Terumi spirit, a Hakumen spirit and a random Neutral Spirit.
Ability: Critical Hit ↑↑↑
Support Spirit: The Six Heroes :ultwolf: (black palette), :ultincineroar: (shiny palette), :ultpalutena: , :ultbayonetta1: , :ultmetaknight: (white palette), :ultrobin: (green palette)
Stage: Final Destination
Music: SIX-HEROES
Conditions: (the conditions of Meta Knight/Hakumen and Robin/Yuuki Terumi remains), reinforcements will appear during the battle, the enemy's physical attacks are stronger (Wolf), the enemy has a Killing Edge (Incineroar), the enemy speed increase (Incineroar), Magic and PSI unleashed, the enemy favors Smash Attacks (Bayonetta)
Ability: Critical Stats ↑↑

Wolf reference Valkenhayn, Incineroar reference Jubei, Palutena reference Trinity Glassfield, Bayonetta reference Konoe Mercury/Nine the Phantom, and Meta Knight and Robin still reference Hakumen and Yuuki Terumi respectly

Mii Costumes:
Noel Vermillion: :ultgunner: (Noel's Outfit/Noel's Hat)
Jin Kisaragi: :ultswordfighter: (Jin's Outfit/Jin's Wig)
Naoto Kurogane: :ultbrawler: (Naoto's Outfit/Naoto's Wig)
Kyoko: :ultswordfighter: (Kyoko's Outfit)
Misako: :ultbrawler: (Misako's Outfit)

For the next time you see me here it will be a while, I will plan more coldly which would be the next character that I will moveset, tempted by Dante or Toxtricity. Anyway, see you in the next one!
Question 1: Tsubaki and Terumi are spirits that can upgrade to a new class, correct?

Question 2: If that's the case for both, why is Terumi a Legend Spirit when Susano'o is also a Legend Spirit?

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Question 1: Tsubaki and Terumi are spirits that can upgrade to a new class, correct?

Question 2: If that's the case for both, why is Terumi a Legend Spirit when Susano'o is also a Legend Spirit?
1-Tsubaki evolves to Izayoi yes, Terumi no, Terumi can be used has summon material with Hakumen and another neutral spirit for make Susanoo.
2-Answer 1 responds question 2.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Meant to share this sooner, but I figured y'all would be interested in this:

The only change I would make for that roster is swap out Celica for Relius.
Not only is he an actual puppet master, but his Astral Finish is one of the few that is unique to each opponent.
IfFaust was Mr. YouTube compilation, then Relius Clover is his more disturbing counterpart.

Top Bottom