• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just another one of the "possibilities": Ragna the Bloodedge for Smash Ultimate!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Eventhough I think having all these characters in Smash would be nice, I'm not quite sure if they would be fitting as a Ragna costume.

Ragnas Weapon, the Blood Scythe, is just so big, which makes it hard to reskin to f.ex. the icy katana Jin is wielding. Let alone the effects of life-stealing (as I made them in my moveset, but if there isn't that mechanic, it's no problem ofc.) wouldn't make any sense on the other characters.

Is being a Ragna skin really fitting/derserved for these characters?
I think these are supposed to be palette swaps based on those characters.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Costume/Skin/Palette swap/Alt
should be all the same or am I misinformed?
Palette swaps are very different from costumes. A costume changes an entire look while a palette swap just changes a looks colors.

amageish

Smash Master
Costume/Skin/Palette swap/Alt
should be all the same or am I misinformed?
Costume/skin are things like Hero taking on the form of various heroes. Pallet swaps are things like Lucina taking on the colours of various Awakening characters. One changes the full model; the other just changes the colours.

In BBTAG, every character's 9th colour swap has them take on the colours of a BlazBlue character, the 10th has them take the colours of a Persona character, 11th for Under Night, 12th for RWBY. It's probable that Arcana Heart, Senran Kagura, and Akatsuki Blitzkampf will have ones added as DLC. Meanwhile, in Chronophantasma, every character has a BlazBlue, Guilty Gear, and Persona pallet.

I'm suggesting Smash could just port over the BBTAG pallets for bonus anime fighter referencing points, not doing full model swaps, as that wouldn't work for a lot of the characters as you pointed out. It would be really funny to see Heart wield aramasa though.

Azcorban

Smash Cadet
Costume/skin are things like Hero taking on the form of various heroes. Pallet swaps are things like Lucina taking on the colours of various Awakening characters. One changes the full model; the other just changes the colours.

In BBTAG, every character's 9th colour swap has them take on the colours of a BlazBlue character, the 10th has them take the colours of a Persona character, 11th for Under Night, 12th for RWBY. It's probable that Arcana Heart, Senran Kagura, and Akatsuki Blitzkampf will have ones added as DLC. Meanwhile, in Chronophantasma, every character has a BlazBlue, Guilty Gear, and Persona pallet.

I'm suggesting Smash could just port over the BBTAG pallets for bonus anime fighter referencing points, not doing full model swaps, as that wouldn't work for a lot of the characters as you pointed out. It would be really funny to see Heart wield aramasa though.
Thanks for explaining that! I totally confused them :p

Ragnas Weapon, the Blood Scythe, is just so big, which makes it hard to reskin to f.ex. the icy katana Jin is wielding. Let alone the effects of life-stealing (as I made them in my moveset, but if there isn't that mechanic, it's no problem ofc.) wouldn't make any sense on the other characters.
I take back what I said earlier, palette swaps for all these charakteres would be really nice without being weird. Sorry for that ^^"

amageish

Smash Master
Thanks for explaining that! I totally confused them :p

I take back what I said earlier, palette swaps for all these charakteres would be really nice without being weird. Sorry for that ^^"
No need to apologize! Confusion happens sometimes haha.

Yay! I think it'd be a cute and easy-ish reference to do. It's also definitely the best shot for some of those franchises getting anything in Smash, as I feel like Akatsuki Blitzkampf may be too niche and RWBY may be too not-a-video-game haha.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Okay, this is worth asking now that we have another fighting game rep in Terry.

Who is considered the face ArkSys fighting game? Sol Badguy or Ragna?

I know there is probably more to choosing than just that(I particularly agree with what Maximilian Dood said at the 4:28 mark of his video when it came to why Terry was selected), but I imagine is still plays a factor.

What do you guys think?

amageish

Smash Master

I know there is probably more to choosing than just that(I particularly agree with what Maximilian Dood said at the 4:28 mark of his video when it came to why Terry was selected), but I imagine is still plays a factor.

What do you guys think?
I fee like ArcSys is more distinct then SNK? Obviously SamSho and KoF are very different games, but they do regularly trade characters. Terry is the most popular in the player poll, in addition to the retro KoF/FF games selling well as Dood said.

Sol and Ragna, meanwhile, are the faces of two different franchises that are somewhat known separately? They are done by two different teams within ArcSys with different artstyles... So, I think it'd just be a matter of who is more popular and who Sakurai subjectively likes more.

KillerCage

Smash Master

What do you guys think?
I feel that more people are familiar with Ragna, though i get the feeling that Arksys considers Sol as their mascot since Guilty Gear came first.

amageish

Smash Master
I feel that more people are familiar with Ragna, though i get the feeling that Arksys considers Sol as their mascot since Guilty Gear came first.
I don’t know. Kill La Kill’s fighting game had ArcSys colour pallets for each character and the protagonist got to be Ragna.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
I also imagine Ragna has had more crossover with other games then Sol has, even when you discount BBTAG.

Speaking of BBTAG...
Perhaps? It does seem like most games that have crossovers either get just Ragna or Ranga and Sol, not usually just Sol; I'm not an expert though.

Woo-hoo! I'm down for more BBTAG news. August 22nd is pretty soon, all things considered.

12cheeper

Smash Apprentice
If we get an Arksys character it's almost definitely gonna be Sol(who's basically just an almost objectively cooler and more hypermasculine version of Ragna anyway).I wouldn't really mind either so long as we don't get another fighting game protagonist who's yet another generic martial artist.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
If we get an Arksys character it's almost definitely gonna be Sol(who's basically just an almost objectively cooler and more hypermasculine version of Ragna anyway).I wouldn't really mind either so long as we don't get another fighting game protagonist who's yet another generic martial artist.
Why do you think Sol would be the choice?

12cheeper

Smash Apprentice
Why do you think Sol would be the choice?
For one,Guilty Gear is a thriving franchise with a new mainline entry coming next year.By contrast,the fact that the only game that carries the Blazblue name since 2015s central fiction is just a crossover fighter implies to me that the future of the franchise is uncertain at best.
Besides,Guilty Gear is Arksys's original fighter series.Guilty Gear is to Arksys what street fighter is to capcom.
It doesn't really help that Ragna is essentially a Sol clone just without the Jotaro vibes that Sol gives off.
I'd be cool with either but I'd be legitimately surprised if Ragna was chosen over Sol.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
For one,Guilty Gear is a thriving franchise with a new mainline entry coming next year.By contrast,the fact that the only game that carries the Blazblue name since 2015s central fiction is just a crossover fighter implies to me that the future of the franchise is uncertain at best.
Besides,Guilty Gear is Arksys's original fighter series.Guilty Gear is to Arksys what street fighter is to capcom.
It doesn't really help that Ragna is essentially a Sol clone just without the Jotaro vibes that Sol gives off.
I'd be cool with either but I'd be legitimately surprised if Ragna was chosen over Sol.
I don't know, I kinda feel like Blazblue has been more recognized than you would expect. There was a time where BlazBlue picked up the slack caused by the absence of Guilty Gear, and I feel that has had a profound effect on who people see as the ArkSys icon. Terry, despite his home series being long buried, managed to still remain the face of SNK because of his constant presence in games like KoF and other crossovers. Not so much for Sol. The fact that both series are worked on by two different teams and fill their own niches also kinda muddies this.
I also don't think Ragna is all that much of a Sol clone, especially as you dive deeper into each character. At least, that's how I see it.

amageish

Smash Master
Guilty Gear being the older series definitely is an advantage, but I don't think it's quite as cut and dry as you make it seem.

Guilty Gear is certainly doing well as a franchise, with the next game looking graphically amazing from the one trailer we've seen of it, but it also hasn't had quite as many chances to be in the spotlight. BBTAG may be a crossover game, but it's still being played at EVO and getting support. Plus, the fact Ragna is the protagonist of a game that also includes Persona and RWBY definitely doesn't hurt his recongizability among a more casual audience. I don't think it implies the future of the franchise is uncertain; I think it implies the franchise is doing well enough that they felt like giving it a crossover to both hype up its existing audience and expand its audience for future titles. The fact that the special edition of Central Fiction is a Switch exclusive doesn't hurt Ranga's odds either. Depending on when this next wave of DLC was/is being decided, I could see Ragna coming to mind before Sol from a general perception of ArcSys PoV.

I honestly think it's kind of a coin-toss. Both are known for being great anime fighters and have their claims to represent the genre. Both have been used as ArcSys mascots in the past and will definitely be used again in the future. I think it'd just be the subjective preference of Sakurai combined with what was in the news when these decisions were going down.

But also idk about the odds of an ArcSys fighter in general...

Mordrehr

Smash Rookie
Ragna really isn't a clone when story, personality and gameplay are considered. But considering you thought Terry was just a "jacked version of Ken" it makes me doubt you've played either BB or KoF. As for the status of the BB franchise, it's still alive and well. We got a rerelease of CF on Switch earlier this year and BBTAG is doing well with new characters, mechanics and changes coming in two months. To say that the franchise's future is uncertain is silly.

As for Ragna over Sol, it wouldn't be too surprising imo. As mentioned, we already have two BB games (three if you count Dead Spike-san lol), one of which featured Persona characters that'd interest the Nintendo fans who were introduced to Persona thanks to Smash and RWBY characters which would interest that crowd. And while Guilty Gear has been on a Nintendo console before, it did not do well at all and we haven't had a new Guilty Gear game on a Nintendo console in a long time. Nintendo and Smash fans would probably more familiar with Ragna too.

Last edited:

12cheeper

Smash Apprentice
Ragna really isn't a clone when story, personality and gameplay are considered. But considering you thought Terry was just a "jacked version of Ken" it makes me doubt you've played either BB or KoF. As for the status of the BB franchise, it's still alive and well. We got a rerelease of CF on Switch earlier this year and BBTAG is doing well with new characters, mechanics and changes coming in two months. To say that the franchise's future is uncertain is silly.

As for Ragna over Sol, it wouldn't be too surprising imo. As mentioned, we already have two BB games (three if you count Dead Spike-san lol), one of which featured Persona characters that'd interest the Nintendo fans who were introduced to Persona thanks to Smash and RWBY characters which would interest that crowd. And while Guilty Gear has been on a Nintendo console before, it did not do well at all and we haven't had a new Guilty Gear game on a Nintendo console in a long time. Nintendo and Smash fans would probably more familiar with Ragna too.
In terms of story and even to a lesser extent design both could absolutely be called expys of each other.Both could easily be described as "foul mouthed Edgy antiheroes with a super form who were betrayed by those closest to them when they were younger and later dedicated their lives to destroying extremely dangerous sources of magic".Sure,there are differences when you get into specifics but you're out of your mind if you don't think Sol had any influence on Ragna.Hell,even in terms of personality Ragna kinda just feels like a less abrasive version of Sol.

Btw I was only calling Terry "jacked Ken" in that both are American hand to hand fighters who use martial arts in addition to fire based techniques to defeat their opponents.There's a reason that they're rivals in Capcom vs SNK.They're not very similar in terms of plot or character but that doesn't really change the fact that they're very similar visually.Besides,Marth and Lucina aren't even remotely similar to each other in their own series but that hasn't really stop people from calling Lucina Girl Marth either.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
In terms of story and even to a lesser extent design both could absolutely be called expys of each other.Both could easily be described as "foul mouthed Edgy antiheroes with a super form who were betrayed by those closest to them when they were younger and later dedicated their lives to destroying extremely dangerous sources of magic".Sure,there are differences when you get into specifics but you're out of your mind if you don't think Sol had any influence on Ragna.Hell,even in terms of personality Ragna kinda just feels like a less abrasive version of Sol.

Btw I was only calling Terry "jacked Ken" in that both are American hand to hand fighters who use martial arts in addition to fire based techniques to defeat their opponents.There's a reason that they're rivals in Capcom vs SNK.They're not very similar in terms of plot or character but that doesn't really change the fact that they're very similar visually.Besides,Marth and Lucina aren't even remotely similar to each other in their own series but that hasn't really stop people from calling Lucina Girl Marth either.
That feels very surface level, especially with how complicated things can get in these stories. There is more to both of them than that, especially with what both characters develop and do in their stories.

Overall, I think Ragna has the slight advantage over Sol when it comes to an ArkSys rep in Smash. I don't know if Nintendo or Sakurai would seek out an ArkSys rep for the next pass, but hey, ArkSys is getting bigger and bigger by the year.

12cheeper

Smash Apprentice
That feels very surface level, especially with how complicated things can get in these stories. There is more to both of them than that, especially with what both characters develop and do in their stories.

Overall, I think Ragna has the slight advantage over Sol when it comes to an ArkSys rep in Smash. I don't know if Nintendo or Sakurai would seek out an ArkSys rep for the next pass, but hey, ArkSys is getting bigger and bigger by the year.
You're damn right it's surface level but it does a pretty good job of showing how much Ragna was influenced by Sol,doesn't it?Sure,they've got their differences like Sol being so far above most of the GG cast that he has to actively limit his power(and even then he still usually sandbags) whereas Ragna is basically the opposite in story mode.Ragna's also a bit less serious of a character than Sol.
None of this invalidates Ragna being an expy though.

Mordrehr

Smash Rookie
You're damn right it's surface level but it does a pretty good job of showing how much Ragna was influenced by Sol,doesn't it?Sure,they've got their differences like Sol being so far above most of the GG cast that he has to actively limit his power(and even then he still usually sandbags) whereas Ragna is basically the opposite in story mode.Ragna's also a bit less serious of a character than Sol.
None of this invalidates Ragna being an expy though.
Sol absolutely influenced Ragna. Guilty Gear was ArcSys’ big breakthrough so of course they’d repeat things that were successful before. It can be seen in both his early concepts and, like you said, his character at face value. However, I don’t think it’s fair to call Sol an objectively better Ragna when they are different once past that face value and call him an expy/clone or, because of said influence, makes him less likely to be a fighter over the other.

I’m honestly having a hard time figuring out what point you’re trying to push across now lol. You’re switching between Sol being an influence and Ragna being an expy so frequently I have no clue what your point is.

As for whether Sakurai would seek out ArcSys for a rep, it seems somewhat likely now considering how much ArcSys has grown and how Sakurai seems to continue to play fighting games. (A bit of whishful thinking here but I hope he’s a fan of them lol. I’d love for just an ArcSys rep in general.)

12cheeper

Smash Apprentice
Sol absolutely influenced Ragna. Guilty Gear was ArcSys’ big breakthrough so of course they’d repeat things that were successful before. It can be seen in both his early concepts and, like you said, his character at face value. However, I don’t think it’s fair to call Sol an objectively better Ragna when they are different once past that face value and call him an expy/clone or, because of said influence, makes him less likely to be a fighter over the other.

I’m honestly having a hard time figuring out what point you’re trying to push across now lol. You’re switching between Sol being an influence and Ragna being an expy so frequently I have no clue what your point is.

As for whether Sakurai would seek out ArcSys for a rep, it seems somewhat likely now considering how much ArcSys has grown and how Sakurai seems to continue to play fighting games. (A bit of whishful thinking here but I hope he’s a fan of them lol. I’d love for just an ArcSys rep in general.)
Meh,I really don't think it matters much either way.Really just pointing out that Ragna is just a Sol replacement which makes him a bit less likely imo.
Only really bothered elaborating because my viewpoint was questioned.

And yeah,I guess some people might think Ragnas better so objectively was probably a bad term.
It's more that Ragna lacks Sols undeniable Jotaro style coolness.Which is kind of an inevitability when you have damn near the entire cast stomp the main characters face into the pavement.(Seriously,I don't think there's a single character in BB whos heel Ragna hasn't been beneath)
I kinda just figured most people if presented a character who oozes coolness out of every fiber of his being and is constantly hyped up and another character who lets be honest,gets his faced stomped pretty frequently(partially because BB subscribes to the Mortal Kombat school of character power consistency) and gets dunked on pretty often would gravitate to the former more than the latter.There's a reason why characters like Dante and Jotaro are so popular after all.Though if you really like underdogs Ragnas certainly got alot of appeal.

If we do get another fighting game character either would be cool to see.Anything but generic karate master #142.

Last edited:

Mordrehr

Smash Rookie
Meh,I really don't think it matters much either way.Really just pointing out that Ragna is just a Sol replacement which makes him a bit less likely imo.
Only really bothered elaborating because my viewpoint was questioned.

And yeah,I guess some people might think Ragnas better so objectively was probably a bad term.
It's more that Ragna lacks Sols undeniable Jotaro style coolness.Which is kind of an inevitability when you have damn near the entire cast stomp the main characters face into the pavement.(Seriously,I don't think there's a single character in BB whos heel Ragna hasn't been beneath)
I kinda just figured most people if presented a character who oozes coolness out of every fiber of his being and is constantly hyped up and another character who lets be honest,gets his faced stomped pretty frequently(partially because BB subscribes to the Mortal Kombat school of character power consistency) and gets dunked on pretty often would gravitate to the former more than the latter.There's a reason why characters like Dante and Jotaro are so popular after all.Though if you really like underdogs Ragnas certainly got alot of appeal.

If we do get another fighting game character either would be cool to see.Anything but generic karate master #142.
People like different stuff and that’s what makes conversations like this interesting with learning another person’s point of view and all. Some people may like the cool, calm and collected types like Yu from P4 while others prefer another type. It’s fun to listen to people who are passionate about this kinda stuff as it seems you are.

I completely agree with how cool Sol is btw. He’s one of my fav MCs for a reason lol.

Apologies for being kinda passive aggressive in the first reply. I was in a really crabby mood earlier.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master

Posting this partly because it is nice art, partly because it is a reminder of an exciting ArcSys event, and partly because I didn't realize that #BBTANK had actually overtaken #BBTAG as the hashtag for the game.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

Posting this partly because it is nice art, partly because it is a reminder of an exciting ArcSys event, and partly because I didn't realize that #BBTANK had actually overtaken #BBTAG as the hashtag for the game.
Also, in regards to BBTAG, we got some new info on mechanics.

Can't wait to see the new BBTAG characters on the 22nd.

amageish

Smash Master

Interesting! Definitely interesting things for the competitive community to sink their teeth into. I, meanwhile, will probably be unable to use most of these features due to sucking. Delay entry has some potential for me at least...

The 22nd? I guess it depends on your time zone, but I think it's the 21st for me... At least I hope so, as I'm having people over to watch it.

Mordrehr

Smash Rookie

Really liking what I see here. Really wish Cross Raid was bound to burst buttons but it's nice to see the A autocombo actually having some use now I suppose. Delay Entry is a perfect addition. Extra Assault seems cool and Rampage Time, while probably being a rare occurence, seems hectic as hell and I love it. Interested to see what that active switch buff will be too.

I also cannot wait for the reveals. Really hoping for either Bullet, Kagura or Terumi from the BB side.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I also cannot wait for the reveals. Really hoping for either Bullet, Kagura or Terumi from the BB side.
As someone who is not quite as knoledgable in BB stuff as most of the people here, I am hoping for Relius just so I can see the insanity that his astral would produce on this massive roster. Speaking of...

They are really leaning on Blitztank for advertising. Completely justified, but still. Also, I guess it is on the 21st. That's what I get for trying to recall stuff from memory.

amageish

Smash Master
Really liking what I see here. Really wish Cross Raid was bound to burst buttons but it's nice to see the A autocombo actually having some use now I suppose. Delay Entry is a perfect addition. Extra Assault seems cool and Rampage Time, while probably being a rare occurence, seems hectic as hell and I love it. Interested to see what that active switch buff will be too.

Rampage Time will be amazing when it does occur. My hype for EVO/EVO Japan 2020 is growing.

Good picks! Like EarlTamm, I'd be interested in seeing one of the puppet-weilding characters get in, especially Relius. It'd be interesting to see them hanging out with the persona cast in new story sections, given their similar-ish fighting styles. I feel like Bullet is one of the most likely characters though.

They are really leaning on Blitztank for advertising. Completely justified, but still. Also, I guess it is on the 21st. That's what I get for trying to recall stuff from memory.
Embracing the meme seems like a good plan for them. It was the higlight of a lot of reaction videos.

I think they moved the time, actually. I believe it was at 9PM PST at first, which would be midnight on the 22nd if you're on the east coast.

Mordrehr

Smash Rookie
Rampage Time will be amazing when it does occur. My hype for EVO/EVO Japan 2020 is growing.

Good picks! Like EarlTamm, I'd be interested in seeing one of the puppet-weilding characters get in, especially Relius. It'd be interesting to see them hanging out with the persona cast in new story sections, given their similar-ish fighting styles. I feel like Bullet is one of the most likely characters though.

Embracing the meme seems like a good plan for them. It was the higlight of a lot of reaction videos.

I think they moved the time, actually. I believe it was at 9PM PST at first, which would be midnight on the 22nd if you're on the east coast.
Relius would be awesome but I think Rooster Teeth requested that he not be added because of their characters being in the game. We could always get Carl as the puppet type character though I feel like they’d be way too hectic for a tag game. I feel the same for Shabrys and Chaos too. Amane has a similar sort of interactability with his astral that makes all the characters much more youthful and I feel like that would go down with Rooster Teeth better. We’d get new sprites for everyone other than BB too which would be amazing. I’d still love to see the puppet characters in though. Chaos/Gordeau team is my dream and I love Relius.

I seriously cannot wait for the trailer tonight though. I’m super excited.

amageish

Smash Master
Relius would be awesome but I think Rooster Teeth requested that he not be added because of their characters being in the game. We could always get Carl as the puppet type character though I feel like they’d be way too hectic for a tag game. I feel the same for Shabrys and Chaos too. Amane has a similar sort of interactability with his astral that makes all the characters much more youthful and I feel like that would go down with Rooster Teeth better. We’d get new sprites for everyone other than BB too which would be amazing. I’d still love to see the puppet characters in though. Chaos/Gordeau team is my dream and I love Relius.

I seriously cannot wait for the trailer tonight though. I’m super excited.
Actually, the claim that Rooster Teeth requested Relius not be added is from a 4chan leak that has since been proven false. There are still barriers to him being added, of course, but I don't think Rooster Teeth is one of them. Carl definitely would be hectic, though they have streamlined movesets enough that I feel like they could probably pull it off, even if there are characters more easily BBTAG-ready. Chaos and Shabrys would definitely be a challenge though. I had never considered Amane's astral, which would also be amazing to see. He's a super fun character too and I'd love to see him doing crossover bits too. Relius and Chaos would definitely be amazing announcements.

I'm definitely hyped!

Mordrehr

Smash Rookie
Actually, the claim that Rooster Teeth requested Relius not be added is from a 4chan leak that has since been proven false. There are still barriers to him being added, of course, but I don't think Rooster Teeth is one of them. Carl definitely would be hectic, though they have streamlined movesets enough that I feel like they could probably pull it off, even if there are characters more easily BBTAG-ready. Chaos and Shabrys would definitely be a challenge though. I had never considered Amane's astral, which would also be amazing to see. He's a super fun character too and I'd love to see him doing crossover bits too. Relius and Chaos would definitely be amazing announcements.

I'm definitely hyped!
Feeling really happy to hear that that was disproven. I did not know.

Add Relius to BBTAG!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Well, this new set of characters Is certainly playing the villain card hard.

Surprised to see Susanoo before Terumi.

KillerCage

Smash Master
I want to see how Adachi interacts with the rest of the cast since he is now in BBTAG.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, I am curious how the story mode of BBTAG will try and explain Susanoo being there(Especially with no Terumi). They could just save him for much later, but I get the feeling all of the new characters will get to shine in the new story bits, especially the villains.

How do you guys feel about Celica and Susanoo as the BB picks?

amageish

Smash Master
I’d still love to see the puppet characters in though. Chaos/Gordeau team is my dream and I love Relius.
Well, we got a puppet character! It was just the one character we didn't mention haha. I'm very happy to see Celica in though; she's one of my IRL friends faves.

Edit: I should clarify that I am aware Celica is not technically a puppet character and that is likely why she was added first. However, one of my main reasons for wanting a puppet character was for the crossover potential, and Celica fufills that need as she does still have a puppet.

You know, I am curious how the story mode of BBTAG will try and explain Susanoo being there(Especially with no Terumi). They could just save him for much later, but I get the feeling all of the new characters will get to shine in the new story bits, especially the villains.

How do you guys feel about Celica and Susanoo as the BB picks?
I'm pretty happy with how it turned out! I think it demonstrated a good knowledge of fan demand, especially with how they handled the villain announcements.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Well, we got a puppet character! It was just the one character we didn't mention haha. I'm very happy to see Celica in though; she's one of my IRL friends faves.

Edit: I should clarify that I am aware Celica is not technically a puppet character and that is likely why she was added first. However, one of my main reasons for wanting a puppet character was for the crossover potential, and Celica fufills that need as she does still have a puppet.

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out! I think it demonstrated a good knowledge of fan demand, especially with how they handled the villain announcements.
I don't know much about Celica(I do know Terumi hates her, but Terumi isn't in BBTAG), so what do you expect from her interactions?

Yeah, I liked the chosen characters as well. I would've loved to see more RWBY representation, but I am 100% fine with just having Neo for now. I can't wait to see what they do with the villains.

On a side note, many people are saying that Neo is playing like Hibiki. I know they have a similar concept and style, but is she really that similar of a character?
I have a quick question in regards to BBTAG: what is the situation on the datamined announcer sounds, specifically these?

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2019...acters-including-2-series-not-currently-game/
It hasn't been proven wrong, that's for sure.

KatKit

Smash Lord
As far as RWBY reps go, I'd be content with just Pyrrah or Nora. They're two of my favorite characters from the show and they'd be really fun to use in a fighting game. I mean, a Thor-like character with a hammer/grenade launcher combo is great.

I'm digging the direction BBTag is going though and the new mechanics seem interesting. It made me want to pick up the game again. Also, Elizabeth, Hilda, and Adachi? Nice. I main Hilda and Wagner in UNIST, so I finally have an Under Night character in this game I actually use. As for the BlazBlue reps, Susanoo and Celica make sense. I would have liked Izanami (there's a lot of antagonists in this batch of characters), but there's always next time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom