• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jungle Republic Mafia: To Clarify, the Werewolves Won The Game. Here Marks a New Age in Activity Reform.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Maven89- You were INCREDIBLY inactive in the first attempt at a summer game this year, you wouldn't do that to me again would you? You like me to much and you like winning to much right? I'll probably be checking in with you a bunch just to see where your head is at so I don't have a pythag situation like last game.
Bolded is just distancing garbage. Text could've ended without it

Kev scum -> Maven scum

Rajam

Smash Champion
Brindor - Newbie Numba Twobie! Heya man, kinda gonna go with the same question here and say have you played before? If the answer is yes and its a game here then can you point me to the game, and if it's no, can you give me a quick answer of how you think you're going to be looking to catch a scumbucket.
Hey Kevin have you read games from new/unknown players to you in the past?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Hey Kevin have you read games from new/unknown players to you in the past?
Usually I just push to lynch new/weak players if I can’t go find a game, but given the set up and the fact that before Mac had confirmed I didn’t feel comfortable with the strength of town I figured I could do a little due diligence. The way you’re playing is definitely confirming I’m going to need to do a little legwork for town.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Mac start of game is agreeable to me though so I’m feeling a lot better about where I currently sit on this game.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Bolded is just distancing garbage. Text could've ended without it

Kev scum -> Maven scum
can you expand on this a bit? why does the highlighted text to maven give off a distancing vibe? specifically over some of the other comments Kevin made in that post

also Kevin what was the pythag situ? did he just go super inactive last game

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
can you expand on this a bit? why does the highlighted text to maven give off a distancing vibe? specifically over some of the other comments Kevin made in that post

also Kevin what was the pythag situ? did he just go super inactive last game
Pythag last game I played with him I ended up basically policy lynching him in Mylo because he had refused to take a solid stance and also answered questions seemingly on the sole purpose of self-preservation. Mylo was me sitting with three completely null/nullscum reads and I’m not wasting my time developing a game to that same moment.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Votecount:

Raxxel: 2 (Rajam, Red Ryu)
Red Ryu: 2 (Maven89, Pythag)
Maven89: 1 (Tom)
Lore: 1 (Mac)
KevinM: 1 (Brindol)
Pythag: 1 (KevinM)
Z25: 1 (Raxxel)

Not voting: 3 (FrozenFlame, Z25, Lore)

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to hammer.

Prodding #HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame

Hey Raxxel Raxxel , as Mac pointed out, editing posts here is usually never accepted, and it IS in the rules to not edit posts. I’m willing to turn a blind eye this time, but in the instance that another player edits their posts from here on, I will issue two penalty votes that lasts for the remainder of the day.

As of now, I have no intention to extend the length of the day phases. We’ll check in with 24 hours remaining to see how people are feeling in terms of a day extension.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
First one to say Tom is scummy because of his town reminders post is mafia. take it to the bank.
sorry but i feel like i have to ask everyone this now - did you initially read Tom's post as a joke / copy pasta from marshy?

also after rereading both Tom's and Lore's posts - Lore Lore , had you read Tom's reminders post in full (i.e. you didn't skim it) before you commented on it?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Generic answer, give me more to work with.
You trying to fish out a PR? I don't like this at all. What are you expecting from this line of questioning?

Pythag Pythag is Raxxel town or scum if you had a gun to your head to answer?

I’m putting him in scum category with his answers.[/QUOTE]

He's town. that's why I took my vote off him.

KevinM would you agree this is scum reaction?
Would you agree he's actually making a call back to his confirmation post?

First one to say Tom is scummy because of his town reminders post is mafia. take it to the bank.
Raxxel - Z25 scum
Lore - Pythag - Tom scummers

there, game solved gg wp
Now help me lynch Raxxel pretty pls
i mean why is day phase still goin
Not looking so good there Rajam.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
to be completely transparent about my thoughts, I ask because you said the bolded.

Marshy vibes af from this post. I just can't remember if he was town when he did it. Will refresh myself later. I just feel auto-suspicious of early-advice posts that mention roles, but iirc that backfired last time with Marshy so I need to do a short reread.
Tom's post referred to 3-4 different power roles, none of which are in this game. i don't see how you would have read his post in full and said something like that if the roles he mentioned aren't even in the game

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
sorry but i feel like i have to ask everyone this now - did you initially read Tom's post as a joke / copy pasta from marshy?

also after rereading both Tom's and Lore's posts - Lore Lore , had you read Tom's reminders post in full (i.e. you didn't skim it) before you commented on it?
I knew it was marshy's post. Tom uses different grammar. I had a good laugh at it.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Fair enough on killing town not necessarily being a negative.

Having slept on it, I think I should definitely chill a little bit, as I am speaking under pressure.

I have nothing else to say. My answer is generic because I can't prove I'm town unless I happen to nail a scum, which won't be for a while. However, Lore gave me a lot to think about, and I realize now that I have to take a risk. I have to consider something I haven't yet. I've gone over the people who have accused me, but if you take a step back, they're right to do so given my terrible misplay earlier. What about the people who defend me though? It's hard to say they have motivation to do so if they are scum, but consider this for a second. What happens when I die and am townie? The people who abstained from ever voting for me in the first place now suddenly look a lot less suspicious while attention goes to those who voted and stuck with it or voted and withdrew last second. Meanwhile they look clean. They have the knowledge as to who is town and who isn't, so if I look to those who have defended me despite the evidence stacked against me, I can possibly parse who may have more knowledge than others.

KevinM speaks like someone with experience playing with someone like me. So I'll exclude him from my analysis for now.

Vote Mac
This is multiball from the open set up so nailing a werewolf or mafia doesn’t clear you of the other.

This does make it feel more genuine at least with some intent. You have similar vibes in my sense since I want Pythag to give an actual stance instead of a back and forth.

What do you make of Pythag?

Maven89 Maven89 wanna chat? Where should we be heading?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
unvote
I reread that why me fry me and it specifically said not to use it with inexperienced players.
That combined with how Raxxel has been playing has me thinking he’s more noob, and I need to lighten up.

Vote : Red Ryu

I don’t really like your first post, nor do I like your position on the Raxxel wagon.
What if he is noobscum not used to pressure? I’m not big into Raxxel but recent posts makes me feel better with that Lore interaction.

Still why the wait on this? Most of your posts before this never gave a good stance until pressure melted in him more/

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
R red Ryu, you've been focused a lot on the Raxxle stuff - can you give me your opinion on KevinM, Lore, and Brindor. Also since it seems like you feel better about raxxle now, what direction are you leaning for a lynch today

Maven89 Maven89 , how do you feel about Lore. Does the stuff I brought up about him have any merit? im esp interested in your answer since you also didn't realize Tom was just quoting marshy

and man for the rest of the game, i know imma be paranoid about whether KevinscuM is tryna buddy me

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
You trying to fish out a PR? I don't like this at all. What are you expecting from this line of questioning?

Pythag Pythag is Raxxel town or scum if you had a gun to your head to answer?

I’m putting him in scum category with his answers.
He's town. that's why I took my vote off him.

Would you agree he's actually making a call back to his confirmation post?

Not looking so good there Rajam.[/QUOTE]

He gave a generic answer that tell me nothing. “I can’t die you will regret it.” Everyone new says this, I want him to give specifics and give me something with more meat to it.

That’s why I grilled him like I did. His interactions with Lore make him look better but I wanna talk and grill him more to get an idea where I would put him.

Also helps when I can use him to see how others react to him as a good talking point and get people to make.

This is why I got a problem with you.

Your earlier posts kept to a very,
If he is town then x
If he is scum then y.

But it was justification to lynch him either way without telling me much about what you thought about him.

That’s why I asked you if a gun to the head where he was at and answered my own question where I would put him.

I think his reaction to pressure looked scummy early on, especially with generic answers they don’t tell me anything.

So why did you answer as you did earlier?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
to be completely transparent about my thoughts, I ask because you said the bolded.

Tom's post referred to 3-4 different power roles, none of which are in this game. i don't see how you would have read his post in full and said something like that if the roles he mentioned aren't even in the game
I mean the post past the bold letters literally starts with "if you rolled a power role, itd b prudent to breadcrumb a result in an underhanded way in the event that you die before you get to claim." So I think it's reasonable to assume roles brought up are hypothetical.

It didn't hit me that it was a copy paste at all, unfortunately.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
guys remember, 3 day deadlines

I would like to hear much more from the following:

Player List:
1. #HBC | FrozeηFlame
2. KevinM
3. Rajam
4. Maven89
5. Lore
6. Pythag

7. Z25
8. Tom
9. #HBC | Red Ryu
10. Brindor
11. Raxxel
12. #HBC | Mac

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I mean the post past the bold letters literally starts with "if you rolled a power role, itd b prudent to breadcrumb a result in an underhanded way in the event that you die before you get to claim." So I think it's reasonable to assume roles brought up are hypothetical.

It didn't hit me that it was a copy paste at all, unfortunately.
did you read Tom's whole post initially?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
What if he is noobscum not used to pressure?
What if he is? Do you think noobscum and noobtown posts look identical?
His followup has been good townie

Oh man I really hate that Pythag post, it appeals to how I normally want to play a mafia game and that speaks to the core of me but at the same time.. in a game with 5 scum and 7 town... I hate how flippantly he tries to put off a potential noob town mislynch. Sure maybe I’m a sucker for AtE and I’m getting souped again but the way Raxxel has played these first few pages reeks of new townie, being so blatantly self preservative is usually a pro-town outlook to me as a new player. I am not trying to misrepresent the numbers since obviously we don’t hit LYLO/MYLO until one of the factions is eliminated but this feels like one of those games where we need to jump out ahead.

vote Pythag
Kevin, what's with the pearl clutching? He was L-3.
Still why the wait on this? Most of your posts before this never gave a good stance until pressure melted in him more/
Why interrupt scum when they're making a mistake?

See my #45 I thought your first post was kinda fishy, kevin ignored it my asking about it.

By staying on the wagon, I feel like I drew you out of the woodwork. You look more opportunistic, and your questions to Raxxel looks like you're trying to fish power roles.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
R red Ryu, you've been focused a lot on the Raxxle stuff - can you give me your opinion on KevinM, Lore, and Brindor. Also since it seems like you feel better about raxxle now, what direction are you leaning for a lynch today

Maven89 Maven89 , how do you feel about Lore. Does the stuff I brought up about him have any merit? im esp interested in your answer since you also didn't realize Tom was just quoting marshy

and man for the rest of the game, i know imma be paranoid about whether KevinscuM is tryna buddy me
Trying to think about KevinM, I don’t dislike his stuff but nothing screams town to me.

I feel Lore would be better in the town pile. Interaction with Raxxle looks good to figure out intent. That’s a town tell to me even with multiball

Brindor I need more content, which is why I poked them earlier. They dislike KevinM but also walked back due to a newbie remark. I need to poke more and get more stances here.

I’m feeling more of a move on Pythag.

Vote: Pythag

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
R red Ryu what about Lore's interaction with raxxle did you like? seemed pretty null to me. it was basically Lore giving generic advice to a new player

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
What if he is? Do you think noobscum and noobtown posts look identical?
His followup has been good townie

Kevin, what's with the pearl clutching? He was L-3.

Why interrupt scum when they're making a mistake?

See my #45 I thought your first post was kinda fishy, kevin ignored it my asking about it.

By staying on the wagon, I feel like I drew you out of the woodwork. You look more opportunistic, and your questions to Raxxel looks like you're trying to fish power roles.
I think his responses look like over reactions to 1-2 votes which looks scummy to me.

An over reliance on staying alive and making that your priority is scummy in my eyes.

I agree his follow up with Lore was much better, but why not just earlier make a firmer stance? Or something, a lot of your back and forths on him weren’t giving anything in what you felt.

Also dunno why my first post bothered you, I do a random number generator in any game I enter then ask to buddy or makes joke. This is atypical me lol.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
KevinM KevinM i did find it interesting that pythag immediately changed his tune on Raxxle just because I posted a link to mafiascum... wheres the strength of resolve pythag?

but actual question for you:

I don’t really like your first post, nor do I like your position on the Raxxel wagon.
what didn't you like about Ryu's position on the Raxxle's wagon?

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Rajam Rajam Earlier you were pushing to have me lynched. Can you explain your reasoning here?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
R red Ryu what about Lore's interaction with raxxle did you like? seemed pretty null to me. it was basically Lore giving generic advice to a new player
I don’t see that

Lore was trying to use this to get a read on him while helping out.

Specific parts like leaving players off the list was done to see how he would react. It an effort to not only get a read but help a newbie out.

It doubles up and since it was doubled up I find more merit to the intent.

Maven89

Smash Master
KevinM is right, I misread his post on Pythag. I will have to reread Pythag to see what I see but on first impression I saw him as null. I still like the Red Ryu lynch with his push on the newbie and his blatant role fishing.

Vote: Tom

No lurking kitty

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2939-3197-6187
Alright, I think we need to play a few icebreakers to break the ice during this game, so we'll start by professing to something we all believe in.
I'll go first:
Brunettes>Blondes

Maven89

Smash Master
Alright, I think we need to play a few icebreakers to break the ice during this game, so we'll start by professing to something we all believe in.
I'll go first:
Brunettes>Blondes
This is such a weird spot for this to come in that I wonder if you’re coached or saw a guide

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I did, but it didn't really process to be fair.

Honestly though, I'm having a hell of a day irl and am not particularly enjoying having to play this semantics game. Especially with how I was completely clear in my intentions and views from the start.
honestly sorry ya feel that way, im really not tryna pester you pointlessly (i simply just asked you one question that i had to repeat cuz you didn't answer it directly). but the point of mafia is to determine who's scum and my only way of doing that is to question people and look for contradictions / things that don't add up.

the contradiction i see is as follows:

Tom makes a post that you take seriously:
SOME REMINDERS FOR THE TOWN

if you rolled a power role, itd b prudent to breadcrumb a result in an underhanded way in the event that you die before you get to claim. this is especially important for cop tracker and joat. if youre confident that youre going to live you might b able to get away without doing it. but i figured id throw out the suggestion cuz with 4 scum role hunting and with some of us being out of practice its easy to forget some **** like that. it would suck for the tracker/joat/cop to die with a result n then they cant even share the ****

if youre a vanilla townie try not to perspective slip that youre a vt. the less info we give to scum with regards to role hunting the better

remember that if theres a mafia joat, that he can make himself appear as innocent on a cop check or as not having performed the kill to a tracker. so b mindful of that if we rolled one of those setups and hav to evaluate **** later lest we clear someone erroneously

that said idt we need to hav much discourse over roles lets just lynch scummy ppl

feel free to read me as town for this post but just dont b too vocal about it so i can live a few phases
he mentions the following roles (in bold): cop, tracker, joat, and mafia joat. None of these roles are in this game

you say:

Marshy vibes af from this post. I just can't remember if he was town when he did it. Will refresh myself later. I just feel auto-suspicious of early-advice posts that mention roles, but iirc that backfired last time with Marshy so I need to do a short reread.
you claim you read the post in full, so it'd be kinda hard to miss the 4 roles that Tom dropped in that post. Which makes what you said in bold even more confusing - If you were truly supsicious of advice posts that mention roles, wouldn't it make sense for you to have paid at least some attention to what roles were mentioned?

Especially since you claim that you were gonna do a short re-read to confirm how you feel about that post. that seems like BS to me since there's no way you'd do a reread of a different game when you didn't even bother to coherently read / parse the post you were worried about in the first place. If you had, i don't see how you coulda thought it was related to this game / merit so much focus

in addition, you go on to say this when you were explaining how you claimed to misread the post initially:

I also didn't realize it was a copy paste; I thought the JOAT was just a hypothetical role example since it was guaranteed to not be in the game lol. I was being dumb.
but Tom also mentioned cop and tracker, did you also think those were hypothetical? it just doesn't add up to me.

anyway

open question to everyone (but specifically Maven89 Maven89 and Tom Tom ): am I going crazy about this and focusing too hard on something that's irrelevant / a minor mistake? Or am I valid in thinking that Lore obviously said things that don't add up and don't align with his stated purpose

p.s.: this is giving me vibes of how i went after Tom when i was scum in summer bash mafia which sucks cuz im actually being genuine here haha...

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I'll go first:
Brunettes>Blondes
Popeyes is the best fried chicken.

Anyway, can we lynch FrozenFlame if they don't become active soon?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
KevinM KevinM i did find it interesting that pythag immediately changed his tune on Raxxle just because I posted a link to mafiascum... wheres the strength of resolve pythag?
I don't think that I listed that as my SOLE reason.
I was watching the interactions, Raxxel was looking better. I was hemming and hawing, and l still thought it could be a why me fry me. I looked at the link again, though.

Upon reading I saw at the bottom that it shouldn't be used for new players. That was a new tidbit.
I felt more comfortable backing off at that point.

what didn't you like about Ryu's position on the Raxxle's wagon?[/QUOTE]

Vote: Raxxel

I regret nothing.

What you gonna do about it?
What is there to like about this post?
teases at Raxxel's defense, and then challenges without actually asking a real question? what is that?

He's right in the middle, of the wagon (had it been an actual lynch) his timing seemed really opportunistic.
Also he talks about pressure, but his first question was nothing more than 'what are you gonna do about it."

And his distaste at the simple defense of Raxxel leaves bad taste in my mouth.
There's all of 1 Town PR in this game. It looked like he was trying to pressure a noob into giving up that info really quickly.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
There's all of 1 Town PR in this game. It looked like he was trying to pressure a noob into giving up that info really quickly.
so i imagine you're thinking he's werewolf as opposed to mafia?

Raxxel Raxxel Pythag Pythag any gut reactions to my post on Lore directly above yalls posts?

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
so i imagine you're thinking he's werewolf as opposed to mafia?

Raxxel Raxxel Pythag Pythag any gut reactions to my post on Lore directly above yalls posts?
I think that in the end what you're mentioning just seems like an inconsistency in what Lore is saying that doesn't really do much to point towards him being scum.

As the deadline approaches, we've yet to get much out of the softer spoken individuals such as Rajam and Z25, as well as FrozenFlame and Tom. Brindor's lack of contribution to the scumhunt conversation and in fact effort to try and point the conversation elsewhere also comes across suspicious. Do you think they could be role fishing?

Top Bottom