• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jungle Japes Mario's worse stage?

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Seriously, next time I play a Falco, I'm banning this stage. Chaingrab to spike ***** you. Also Dk ***** you on this stage as well. ALWAYS BAN IT VS good edgeguarders.

Matt07

Smash Master
It is pretty bad for Mario, it helps campers as well, and as the reasons you stated above. I also think it's harder to 'gimp' since well there's multiple platforms, and falling in the water after you Cape them gives them another chance to recover again.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Not a good stage for Mario, but I wouldn't call it his worst. I actually do pretty well on this stage since it pretty much depends on aerial combat most of the time.

This is the best place for campers though.

Kidlat

Smash Apprentice
hey Bo, are you up for a couple of matches? I haven't played a good mario online yet. This will greatly help my combo vid

Genos

Smash Apprentice
I actually really like this stage. If you're facing someone that can't camp well here, you can camp fireballs from one the edges (preferably the one on the right). Also, it has a really high ceiling so that can help versus good vertical killers like Dedede.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
I don't know if it's good or bad for Mario, but all i know is that I totally kicked the **** out of a Pikachu that had been 2 and 3 stocking before I came here.

Dory

Smash Journeyman
i 100% ban japes against falcos and i usually ban rainbow cruise for anyone else (besides when i know the persons CP)

Matt07

Smash Master
I find Rainbow Cruise to be Mario's best stage against most characters. I'd prefer to ban Pirate Ship, since you can't 'gimp' at all.

Dory

Smash Journeyman
but marios recovery isnt the greatest going up. :/
and when you get knocked down and stage is moving thats not very good..
pirate ship is alright for me as ill spike em if i wall of pain them in the water, and i dont have to worry about missing the spike and dying..

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Jungle Japes is a bad stage for everybody.

And Rainbow Cruise is an excellent stage for Mario.

Matt07

Smash Master
True about Rainbow Cruise and Pirate Ship, everyone has their favourite counterpicks, so it'd be hard to debate why we believe one is better then the other ;), you do good on that stage, I can't fight for my life on that :laugh:.

Dory

Smash Journeyman
yeah each people have their likes and dislikes... again these are all IMO lol

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
This stage isn't exactly bad for Mario, but it's too broken for Falco and DK.

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
*takes down a few notes*

♥This is arguably Peach's best stage for those who'd like to know. Ban it against her as well. ;)

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
In my last tourney, i banned jungle japes fighting a DK and won easily. I played a Falco later on, on that stage and got 2 stocked. Good thing i won the first match though, because i cp'd rainbow cruise with rob and won the set.. I also hate Pirate ship. I lost to Kirk's Ike on that stage. >_<

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Yeah... you don't want to take Ike to Pirate ship. He's a beast that never dies there. >_>

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
BO, why didn't you ban PS? That's like Ike's best stage! You definitely could've won if you banned that, what did you ban instead?
lol thats the thing. I didn't ban anything. I assumed that any stage thats bad for mario is also bad for Ike, do to their recoveries. But now i know.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hmmm... the only thing I like about this stage is cape gliding from the center platform allows you to hit opponents and ledge grab. Other than that though I hate this stage.

J-Prep

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jiggy_lsn
I had to fight the gayest rob in some online tourney. he CP jungle japes and litteraly shot lasers and gyros from one of the side platforms until I got fed up and tried to attack, then he'd Dsmash which covers the WHOLE platform! I got so sick I just ran off. lol

but if your samus..I love going under the platforms and tether to the center.
*completely off topic*

as for mario! I wouldn't reccomend it at all

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I had to fight the gayest rob in some online tourney. he CP jungle japes and litteraly shot lasers and gyros from one of the side platforms until I got fed up and tried to attack, then he'd Dsmash which covers the WHOLE platform! I got so sick I just ran off. lol

but if your samus..I love going under the platforms and tether to the center.
*completely off topic*

as for mario! I wouldn't reccomend it at all
Were you playing Mario? Couldn't you just cape his laser/Gyro and hit him through the platform with a Uair?

Also, for attacking him, try an FFed AD straight to your shield if you know he'll Dsmash.

J-Prep

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jiggy_lsn
Were you playing Mario? Couldn't you just cape his laser/Gyro and hit him through the platform with a Uair?

Also, for attacking him, try an FFed AD straight to your shield if you know he'll Dsmash.
uhm...i think i was mario, but still he could sit there adn shoot lasers and gyro's for days. im more of the in your face i wanna get the big combo on u kinda player. so to sit there the whole match on jungle japes caping stuff bored the jesus out of me. he lost any other match tho. =p

Matt07

Smash Master
Too bad, you can't jump on the Klap-trap, like Doney Kong. Mario has a lot of experience of owning Goombas, and the like.

But yea, I suck on Jungle Japes, usmash doesn't K.O till like...150%.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
so to sit there the whole match on jungle japes caping stuff bored the jesus out of me. he lost any other match tho. =p

True... but it might have forced him to approach, which, in my experience, puts ROB at a disadvantage.

J-Prep

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jiggy_lsn
True... but it might have forced him to approach, which, in my experience, puts ROB at a disadvantage.
untill they come at u with a spaced fair, bair, and dsmash on landing...which WILL eat all of your shield.

but point is!! just dont go to freakin jungle japes. lol

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Mario could probably do some serious damage to Ike there though, just something to keep in mind. It's arguably Ike's worse stage.

Of course, the Ike player will most likely ban that stage against Mario. >_>

Jimbo_G

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0920-1016-4491
I just recently had a battle on this stage, and learned a very valuable lesson:

FLUDD+ Klap Trap= one less stock I have to worry about.

I was playing against a Snake and absolutely destroyed him with a constant barrage of FLUDD. Since each platform is so small, even an uncharged FLUDD pushed him off the edge, either forcing him to hang or completely fall in the water. Once he was in the water, I just did my best to continue FLUDDing his jumps and gimping his recovery. His second jump is so small it does next to nothing to get him out of the water, and once he used his Up B he was a sitting duck for a F-air, B-air, whatever, almost guaranteeing me an instant stock as long as I didn't knock him upwards. That, and all of this is assuming a Klap Trap doesn't get him with all the harassment. :chuckle:

Top Bottom