• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jungle Beatdown - Birmingham, AL - 3/27/10 - ENTRY FEES RAISED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Welcome to the tale

of a land conquered by evil

people in despair

living frightened to their bones.

Haru and the gang

set out to find the answer

but together they must find a way to beat the shadow stones.

He who holds the sword

must next become the master

Seeking out the stones

with a carrot-nosed dog!

Three heroes and one

start a mission filled with danger.

3-2-1, time for Rave-o-lution!

Quest for Glory

Accepting our fate

with the power that we own.

This is a hero's story.

The greatest one

that the world has ever known.

Vestavia Hills, AL
Apartment D

Pricing
Door fee: 5$ Waived if full setup is brought (1 tv, 1 game system plus game)
Brawl Singles: 10$
Brawl Doubles: 20$ (10$ per person)
Melee Singles: 10$
Melee Doubles: 20$ (10$ per person)
Brawl+ Singles: 5$
Brawl+ Doubles: 10$ (5$ per person)

Prices for regular events will be 60/30/10 split

Schedule
11:00 - Registration opens
12:00 - Still waiting for all you ****** to show up...
1:00 - Melee Doubles and Singles
3:00 - All dem der fighters
4:00 - Brawl Doubles and Singles
6:00 - Brawl+ Doubles and Brawl+ Singles

Brawl+ Rules

*Items off
*Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then teh Sudden Death match will be played out.
*First stage will be determined through stage striking from the neutral stages listed below.
*The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
* Controller Mods, Glitches, and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned

STAGE STRIKING SYSTEM IS IN EFFECT: EACH PLAYER TAKES TURNS STRIKING ONE NEUTRAL UNTIL ONLY ONE IS LEFT.

Neutral:
Smashville
Final Destination
Battlefield
(frozen) Pokemon Stadium 2
(frozen) Pictochat
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1

Counterpick:
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
(frozen) Warioware
Castle Siege
Delfino

Banned:
everything else

1 Stage ban per person
4 Stocks
8 Minute Time Limit

Brawl Rules

* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage will be determined through stage striking from the Neutral stages listed below.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
* Controller Mods, Glitches, and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned
* King Dedede's Standing Infinite is banned.
*King Dedede is allowed ONE standing regrab per throw on Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong, Samus, and Bowser
*King Dedede's standing offstage infinite on Wolf and King Dedede are ALLOWED
* Japanese Ledge Rule is in effect. More than 35 ledge grabs and you lose the match.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

Neutral:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise

Couterpicks:
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Pictochat
Delfino
Castle Siege
Halberd

Banned:
everything else

1 Stage ban per person
3 Stocks
8 Minute Time Limit

Melee Rule set:

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Ban: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed

Melee Stage list

Neutrals:
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks:
Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Jungle Japes

Street Fighter IV Rules:
game version: 360/PS3
game settings: versus mode, 99 seconds
2/3 rounds, 2/3 games, double elimination
winners/losers finals: 3/5, grand finals: 4/7
The winner of the first round must stay the same character for the next round, but the loser may change.

Tekken 6 rules:
game version: 360/ps3
game settings: versus mode, 60 seconds
3/5 rounds, 2/3 games, double elimination
The winner of the first round must stay the same character for the next round, but the loser may change and choose the next stage.

BlazBlue
game version: 360/ps3
unlimited characters banned, easy specials banned
The winner of the first round must stay the same character for the next round, but the loser may change.

Melty Blood Actress Again
game version: ps2
original mode setting
winner allowed to change moon phase
unlockable characters allowed but Type-Earth is banned

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike

Guilty Gear Accent Core
Boss characters, EX characters, etc. banned

MvC 2:
game version: ps2/ps3/360/dreamcast
game setting: versus mode, 99 seconds

Arcana Heart:
FULL! only

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars:
game version: wii

j00t

Smash Champion
man I hated that anime.

I was expecting the name to be "SONIC ****ING BOOM"

Winnar

Smash Lord
If they don't want to come then they don't have to. Not everyone has to go to every tournament.

I think the majority of your entrants will like lower entry fees because it means losing less money.

Just sayin.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
However!
If the prices are regular we can try out this nifty new prize money distribution Dan brought up. If we were to apply that to any tournament I would love for it to be Zero's tournaments. Usually his tournaments are more fun based than competition based.

If Auburn shows up, best believe we'll have a rematch of Birmingham vs Auburn.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
<w<

I can give you the design, printing them out will be a different matter.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Sure that'll work.

I'll see if I can bring my laptop over so I can work on it there.

reimeii

Smash Apprentice
Neutral:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Castle Siege.......huh
Pokemon Stadium 1
Halberd....really?
Lylat Cruise
Delfino.........uhidunno

im really gonna try to make it to this tournament......ive been out for far too long..........and im confident in my brawl+

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I totally agree with Zero here, you guys.

We're doing stage striking so if you don't like the stage, just strike it.

Besides, it's all going to end up on Smashville anyway.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Just take castle siege, PS1, delfino, and halberd off of random so you have people don't have to waste time striking non-neutral stages

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Just take castle siege, PS1, delfino, and halberd off of random so you have people don't have to waste time striking non-neutral stages
I'd be the guy to stage strike the neutral stages first.

"Whoooops guess we're going to Delfino!"

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
It is my humble opinion that no walk off stage should ever by any means be considered neutral. That means Castle Siege and Delphino Plaza. It is also my opinion that no stage that outright attacks you (Halberd) should be neutral.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Why not take the Bham approach and start both doubles at the same time and both singles at the same time? That way it saves time and I won't have to leave without finishing :x IF I go though.

Winnar

Smash Lord
It is my humble opinion that no walk off stage should ever by any means be considered neutral. That means Castle Siege and Delphino Plaza. It is also my opinion that no stage that outright attacks you (Halberd) should be neutral.
yeah I'm with you 100% on the walk-off thing

I don't like halberd as neutral mainly because of the super low ceiling

PS1 has a lot of shenanigans to be neutral. Windmills, ******** lips, mountains, etc.
Why not take the Bham approach and start both doubles at the same time and both singles at the same time? That way it saves time and I won't have to leave without finishing :x IF I go though.
If there are enough setups and organization then I guess it could work? I've never seen anyone attempt it

reimeii

Smash Apprentice
i just found out that i am scheduled to open (6:30-4:00) at work on saturday, so i will be unable to make it to the b+ tournament, or at least be there for the start of it,

currently trying to find someone who will work for me

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
I'll try and make it to this. Waba is having their last tournament on the same day, so turn out determines which tournament i'll go to.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
If thats the case Zero may reschedule,

: ( we're wanting alot of AL to come to this, and some Georgia.

Oh and Winnar obv

matt4300

Smash Ace
I will come.. and WILL find a way to beat lucario+! By the time of this tourney we might have a new + set... (fprays for lucario nerfs)

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
If thats the case Zero may reschedule,

: ( we're wanting alot of AL to come to this, and some Georgia.

Oh and Winnar obv
If you guys want to have a tournament that will allow GA to make it too, you need to post like a month an advance. The AU tournament posted a while back and were able to get like 6 brawl players from GA

Winnar

Smash Lord
IMO you should just go ahead with this tourney and plan to make a bigger tournament at a later date (like a month or so). Like elev8 said, when you only give people 2 weeks to make plans it kind of limits the amount of people who can go.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
My brother, calvin, myself, and billy are definitely going to the Waba games tournament. If there's any chance you guys decide to reschedule this, you should come to our house on friday and cruise with us to the Waba tournament on Saturday... just a thought

matt4300

Smash Ace
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=230273&page=16

Thought you guys may want to read this considering we have a + tourney comming up. Start with my first post at the bottom and go to the last post. We weren't wrong to assume lucario is ****ing redic... as veril (the project leader now) said... Hes one of the best in the game.

Zeonstar may come for brawl+ depends on how may people are comming. If he does come he will **** up some lucarios.

Everyone get hyped and force people to come... I really want a good + tourney in bama to come to!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom