• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

June 23, 2007 - Washington Metropolitan Area Smashers - All Day Event!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wuss

Smash Champion
plairnkk: true, I was just saying that I didn't experience so much lag, therefore your saying that its the pros would be correct :(
newb: thanks, I guess that's true... I need to stop suiciding, no johns, cause you woulda won anyways, although last match would have been closer...

Lobos

Smash Master
good games to everyone i played, lobo's you suck, and that guy who uses link, you suck, and mr lobo guy, you suck, lol. did i mention you suck? lmao
Its Lobos, get it right! Guess I gotta practice next time before Pound 2 or any other tournament, just can't put down guitar hero. You know, that game where no one in the smash community could beat me!

Shinku

Smash Champion
yeah, you might be right about that. Lobos, you should challenge some people at pound 2 in guitar hero, or just quit smash and stop playing Legend of Zelda and stop using Link and Video games altogether. LOL

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Jon, calm down, CK likes to joke.

Luis, joking around causes anger, no happiness allowed.

Wuss, don't call people bad, that's just harsh.

Blues, <3

Wuss

Smash Champion
redd, wasnt calling him bad, I actually said in my post (and I quote) "Our first match was close though, and I agree that he isn't bad, but I didn't like him talking crap" that is a direct quote.

Hey man, do you have full results??

WMGC

Smash Cadet
On the back end of our Halo 2 Tourney that had about the same turnout as the SMASHERS, but hey it's picking up!! Here's the event results...... Sorry it took so long to post.

1st Place $112.00
Plank

2nd Place $48.00
Blues

3rd Place $20.00
Vist

Rank 4
The Newb

Top 6
Slikvik & Wuss

Top 8
Techno & Lukky

Top 12
Winston, Pythag, Jayo, & Kloke14

Top 16
Lobos, King of Cereal, Hova, & Son of Scary

Thanks for all who participated.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
to plank: the only time i felt that helpless in a match was when i played at m2ks. i really couldnt find an answer. i need to play against u more

to newb: eh, dont worry about it. i wasnt playing very hard either. its just friendlies

WMGC

Smash Cadet
June 23 Posting

http://smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51

unfortunately, we're gonna have to charge a venue...... I kno most of you dont like it, but look at this way.......

1. We had a few smashers who attended and just played instead of participating in the tourney which would've made the pot much bigger, we're fully aware of why they played and did'nt pay.

2. Those who had gripes paid the venue. 16 SMASHERS total 160.00 We actually had a total of 30 SMASHERS IN THE HOUSE WHO PLAYED, I COUNTED.

3. Not calling anyone out, but I will tell everyone that WMGC paid what we promised 70/20/10 and we got hosed but we had a great time and made new friends!

4. Dont let our venue cost get you down, please remember that we're the only Gaming Center in the Washington Metro Area and in order for to sustain the cost, we must charge venue. We go through a lot to keep this open, and some are expecting us to close.

5. In order to make this your house, become a member and bypass the venue for the whole year you're here. $25 for one year, and $50.00 for lifetime.

Jayo

Smash Apprentice
HOVA doesn't really give a fu* but i'ma let him tell u that...

Good **** everyone...JAYO was off that day...Hova was coaching me bac to pro status (good lookin)

I'ma see all of you all at the top somewhere eventually

~1~​

hova

Smash Champion
dam, hova placed last? I guess he must have had to play like plairnkk/blues/newb/vist. Man that's crazy, unlucky I guess...
nah, i definitely played two people i could've beat easily

yo jayo, keep improving. get a character to back up your marth; maining roy is an uphill struggle, but i'm not hating on using low tiers.

either way, if you can ever get up to Randallstown i'll help you out with advice and such

Jayo

Smash Apprentice
nah, i definitely played two people i could've beat easily

yo jayo, keep improving. get a character to back up your marth; maining roy is an uphill struggle, but i'm not hating on using low tiers.

either way, if you can ever get up to Randallstown i'll help you out with advice and such
Yeah maining Roy is definitely a struggle... Lately, peoples have been suggesting Marth so that might be the best choice rite now

...as soon as i get the chance, i'm definitely headin up there to randallstown

Wat's ya schedule like matter fact?

WMGC

Smash Cadet
June 23, 2007 - Super Summer Smash Melee

Widow Maker Gaming Center
7901 Central Ave.
Capitol Heights, MD 20743
301.336.WMGC
http://www.widowmakergamingcenter.com
email: frontdesk@widowmakergamingcenter.com

Teams & Single Matches

$10.00 VENUE - $10.00 PER EVENT
YES, THAT'S $10.00 VENUE..... CATCH MY LAST POST

Prizes:
$150.00 First Place
$75.00 Second Place
$25.00 Third Place
70 / 20 / 10 Split or whichever better.

Must have a minimum registration of 30 participants
for registration total to achieve full payout.

The other $50 from the pot goes to PIZZA and DRINKS!

After the last event, we should be able to cover this and possibly more if we get a better turnout!

Bring your own controller!

We’ll run the tournament on all TV’s available (or agreeable which means bring your own if you choose) and the others will be used for playing your favorite games with your favorite friends.

We are using our own equipment, but we need a 6 Nintendo Cubes and Smash Brothers Melee. The first 6 who show with theirs gets the venue cost discounted!

Widow Maker Gaming Center wants you!

Its time to put the Washington Metro Area SMASHERS on the map!

YES WE'RE RECRUITING! WE NEED A TEAM TO REPRESENT WMGC THROUGH SPONSORSHIP, SO COME, BECOME A MEMBER, SMASH YOUR WAY TO THE TOP, AND SMASH AT THE NEXT BIG EVENT COURTESY OF WMGC!!!!

Make us your gaming home away from home; lets put the world on notice: WMGC is the home of some of the World’s Top Gamers!

This will be a re-occuring MONTHLY EVENT, so be sure to check our website for upcoming dates.

WMGC

Smash Cadet
Hey, I've been promoted to SMASH CHILD!! ?Plank? work wit me....... I'll make it worthwhile.

Wuss

Smash Champion
you said noon-2 PM in your post, I'm guessing you meant 2 Am? Hopefully I can make this again. Enjoyed the last one, and it would be sweet if the turnout is better. This place is really nice, so people should come.

WMGC

Smash Cadet
Registration time is Noon - 2PM, we'll stay open until the last SMASHER leaves.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
yo, charles. right now the only thing that people arent feelin at Widowmaker is the venue fee, TVs, and chairs. Smashers are used to bringing setups anyway so this shouldnt be a problem, and i kno u got spare chairs. If you can guarantee a 5 dollar venue fee, this should work out.

WMGC

Smash Cadet
yo, charles. right now the only thing that people arent feelin at Widowmaker is the venue fee, TVs, and chairs. Smashers are used to bringing setups anyway so this shouldnt be a problem, and i kno u got spare chairs. If you can guarantee a 5 dollar venue fee, this should work out.

Slikvik I realize that we're not gonna make everyone happy, and apparently it looks like all the SMASHERS are not happy with WMGC. I consider this to be unfortunate for us. I know you guys SMASH everywhere and it looks as though this wont be a place that makes everyone comfortable. so I thank each of you that attended, but my price stays the same. It's funny how everyone screams that we're in it for the money when there's a $20.00 mm here, a smaller one there SMASHERS who wouldnt want to pay the venue, or enter the tourney but stayed and played but a $10.00 venue fee is unacceptable. I'll stick to my guns and offer you and everyone esle the opp to attend those that do and did thanks! Those that wont again thanks! and for those who are not happy with the way we have our gaming center, like our chairs, tv's, and center we understand. good looking out though. Holla!

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
yo, me n' rebel are seriously gonna try to make this one, we need some practice before C3 on the seventh. i can deal with a smaller tourney/venue.

MMs anyone?

WMGC

Smash Cadet
Thanks Shinku that's correct. I'd love to see a Wii here for the day as though we dont have one yet so if you have one bring it. I personally would love to play the Wii sports!! Of course we'll giving discounts for setups!!!

Lobos

Smash Master
I'll try to make this to regain some pride back after pound2. I will bring a wii + smash if I do show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom