• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

June 23, 2007 - Washington Metropolitan Area Smashers - All Day Event!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayo

Smash Apprentice
YEH!

I'm still tryin get a team together and rep that Widow maker! .... (if that's koo with the house)

Everything else is whateva...I'm in there all day friday unless some lunatic **** happens

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
well looks like as long as we 1. feed Hova and 2. tell g-reg how amazing he is, we'll have a decent turnout. I'll see if i can work fron 7-4, rather than my usual 8-5 so i can get to this on time. Jayo, if my friend comes, i'm probably gonna team with him. hes the same one i teamed with at UMBC and we have chemistry since ive played with him for years.

Jayo

Smash Apprentice
Yeah that's straight Slik Vik...Jus to make sure i'm not partner-less though...I will be looking for a sub and VIK!

I might have to team with Shinku

; )

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
A lot of Smashers work, too. We usually have "fests" on Fridays which consist of smash events starting around 5:00 to whenever (overnighters most of the time). A tournament on Friday may not have the best turnout, but you'll be surprised how many people will turn-up to Friday evening events if there's a following tourny there the next morning. How late does the venue stay open?

WMGC

Smash Cadet
Thanks InfernoOmni for that question, our hours are as follows:

Sunday - Thursday Noon - Midnite
Friday - Saturday Noon - 2AM

I'd really say that this doesnt make a difference since I'm normally the only one here at those times. I know I started this, and we're gonna keep right on with it. we have a small number of members who normally stay here 'til midnite or so, but we've always advertised that we'd stay open as long as players are here.

Do you play any other games besides Smash?

Jayo

Smash Apprentice
Somebody is must be initiating "Smash Bros. Identity Theft" cuz Jayo 's not part of team dycer...
...Or is he?

WMGC

Smash Cadet
Hey Jayo, maybe it's an invitation. there is a dash (-) in there so it may be identify theft. but we all know Jayo at WMGC so the all others are impersonators! hey we could have Jayo v. Jay-0.... ding ding ding ladies and gentlemen this is the main event! I have one more message to get out to SMASHERS, so stay tuned. I should post this evening around 4PM or so for those interested.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
hey are the rules for this thing gonna be anything special, or the standard?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
cool, I was slightly worried that I would show up unknowingly to the single elimination coin tournament.

WMGC

Smash Cadet
Okay ladies and gentlemen let's get this thing in high gear. Be sure to bring your controllers, memory card for those extra characters, and your set-ups if you choose. I'll be here at Noon for those early birds, and dont forget we start registration @ 4PM and close at 5:30 PM, or possibly even 6PM but we'll be here all evening. if you're not interested in participating in the tourney, stop by anyway and check out what we have to offer like perhaps our wi-fi lounge. wireless heaven! We changed a few things and we'd like to know what you think, so tell us the truth!

I'd like to thank all those who've helped me on the way and I'm thinking that this should be the first of many SMASH gatherings here. Bring your favorite music (otherwise you'll have to listen to mine......) I wont close until the last smasher is in a car and on his or her way home. I read earlier that some would like to have an all-niter if there's interest, let me know and we'll get that started.

If it's okay with all attending let's put our heads together and come up with a "rule of thumb" "WMGC SMASHERS RULES" and post as regular rules.

I'm gonna have to ask that each and everyone to read our rules of conduct on the website: http://www.widowmakergamingcenter.com/rules_of_conduct.htm and to please abide by them. otherwise we'll have to ask you to leave, but for the most part it's just like if you were at home except there's no one telling you to keep the noise down, stop the yelling, or anything like that it's just respect your fellow gamer, and respect your gaming center.

Looking forward to Friday, See you then!

EEvisu

Smash Lord
so like if me an Appletree showed up at a little after say 6pm would we still be allowed to play the torny cause if we get a ride he dont get off till 5pm, so lemme know..

Wuss

Smash Champion
thanks for hosting man, I had a good time. I dont know why plairnkk was bitc*in so much, abou the tv's, I didn't see that much lag. I guess I could do shoutouts:

plairnkk: beat you in a falco ditto!!! next time we play for real ;)
novian: you kept thinking you would own me, close first match though...
lucky or wahtver: harsh at the end toward novian, cause you aren't that good. But good matches anyways...
newb: your good...
blues: I will beat you eventually... second match was close.
good matches everyone :)

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
Sucks that teams never happened but the tourny was still fun
arggh...Blues: Climbers too good. i gotta work on that smash DI. no jonz tho. good set
Plank: One day, i will beat your sheik...maybe
Hova: Ur advice is way too good. People just start automatically doing good as soon as u start coaching
Jayo: Good matches. We gotta keep getting better for pound, hopefully im goin to that
Shinku: We only played a couple matches but I liked the fox
Wuss: uhh...Brian(Lukky) is pretty good, especially since he just started playin tournaments. its his 2nd and he did fairly well. I'm pretty sure that hes capable of beating u. BTW, tell Novian if he didnt want to hear the ****talk, dont beg us for a mm for 30 minutes thinking ur gonna own us, lol, and renege at the last second...oh, and then get owned. Anyway, ur good, but if u got somethin to say, say it while were there. dont go run off and talk **** on the boards....wuss
Vist: Good team matches early on. they really got me playin better after not playin for a week
Lobos: Good set
Pythag: Good matches
The Newb: obviously a veteran

Shinku

Smash Champion
wow this **** woulda been mine if i had gone ..
idk about that Ck, dont get me wrong, your good, but blues ic's and plainks sheik? pshhh, thats aint easy man.

good games to everyone i played, lobo's you suck, and that guy who uses link, you suck, and mr lobo guy, you suck, lol. did i mention you suck? lmao

and jayo, host a smash fest at your house monday or tuesday (if possible) so i can get my cube etc. lol

Vist

Smash Champion
Man, Widow Maker is a nice venue. I think mostly everyone who was there yesterday would agree that the place has some good potential. I think anyone who disagrees should come and check it out/give it a chance. They're more than willing to accommodate the smash scene. Next tournament I hope a lot more people make it out.

The only thing I didn't like was playing on the hd tvs but it's understandable that widow maker focuses on hd equipment for general gaming and such. Plank brought a regular tv tho, so at least some matches were played on non-hd.

plank- lmao @ our matches, next time let's not sd so much.
blues- good stuff next time lets play on a regular tv tho =/
newb- we forgot to get more matches in :(
hova- the ****ing man
lucky- keep working on that sheik, you'll be ****** with her soon enough
slilvik- nice team friendlies
everyone else- ggz ill see you all next time. yes i am lazy on the shout-outs lol

Wuss

Smash Champion
btw slivik, I had nothing to do with the mm novian wanted, he just kept insisting and whatnot. I was trying to talk sh**, just that he was talkin like he's so good at the end, when I 2-0'd him in our set, two stocking him at the end. Our first match was close though, and I agree that he isn't bad, but I didn't like him talking crap, although if I had heard novian talking sh** maybe I wouldn't have felt that way. Anyways, no harm felt/done I hope.

Ck, don't be so arrogant...
EE, you squandered man, I wanted that mm with you...

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haa, I'm sorry I had to leave early. Never have I enjoyed having my butt handed to me that much. Low tier characters for the win!

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
yeah ck but u didnt come so dont act like you would have won, just come and win next time.

The Newb

Smash Ace
Some short shoutouts:

Vist: Yeah, we'll get some more sheik vs marth in sometime. I'm really not that bad at the matchup, I promise.

Wuss: You's good too, you just need experience, and to learn that sometimes being flashy and technical isn't the way to win your match. Use yo noggin

Hova: Tells me things I should know...****. Hova is the man

Blues: Too strong

Slikvik: I underestimated your peach, it's a lot better than I expected. I won't sandbag next time, sorry :(

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Wuss - no offense intended, but it's usually the top players who are at events all the time and are so used to precisely doing things that get annoyed by the lag on tvs.

ck - $20 MM? that's free money for me, too.

wmgc - nice job running the tournament, it was fun. As long as people bring their own tvs i can see this being a successful venue.

Also, check this link out

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=90655

you should use that program for future smash tournaments.

Blues - sorry about being a poor sport, i was mad about losing on that tv, but i got you back in losers >=)

newb - ckimpressionmirite?

vist - 100thousand sd's! sd's for all!

slik - im glad you finally got to fight my sheik, did you enjoy it? =p

everyone else - good ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom