• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[June 16th] Fun Fore All Tournament - Cranberry Twp, PA

ALB247

Smash Apprentice
This Melee tourney will be run alongside the DDR tourney on June 16th at Fun Fore All.

PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW

Fun Fore All
8 Progress Ave
Cranberry Twp, PA 16066
http://www.funforeall.net

Time

-11:00 - At least two setups ready for friendly matches.

-12:00 - Registration opens

-12:30 - All guests should arrive by this time.

-1:30 - Tournament Starts

-Note: If you are going to be late, please call my cell phone so we can make sure you get in the bracket.

Money

-$5.00 entry fee.

-1st place (60%), 2nd place (30%), 3rd (10%)

-Note: The prize pot distribution may change depending on how many people enter the tournament.

The Brackets

-This tournament will be Double Elimination. Seeding will be random.

- Matches will be best out of 3. The finals games (This includes losers bracket finals, winners bracket finals, and overall finals) are best of 5.

Advanced Slob Picks:

-The first game in a set is double-blind, and the stage is random (using the random stages listed in the stage selection section).

-The following applies to any game in a set played after the first:
The loser of the previous game declares the stage to be used, using any stage that isn't banned. The winner of the previous game then chooses his character. Lastly, the loser of the previous game chooses his character, and the game can start.

Game Rules

- All games are played with 4 stock, 8 minutes, and no items. Any tie that occurs is settled by comparing stocks remaining (More stocks = win). If there is a tie remaining after comparing stock, compare damage % (Less damage % = win). If a tie remains after comparing stocks and damage %, play out sudden death.

- Random Stage Striking is allowed. On the first game of the set, both players may temporarily "ban" a stage from the random list (don't actually change the options), and it cannot be played in the first game. It is still open for counter picking.

- Pause Rule: Pausing will be turned off.

Stage selection:

-Random List: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams, and Pokemon Stadium.

-Stages Allowed for Counter Picking: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams, Pokemon Stadium, Princess Peach's Castle, Kongo Jungle, Brinstar, Corneria, Mute City, Onett, Kongo Jungle (N64), Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Yoshi's Island, Green Greens, Venom, Poké Floats and Big Blue

-Banned Stages: Great Bay, Icicle Mountain, Hyrule Temple, Brinstar Depths, Flat Zone, Yoshi’s Island (N64), Fourside, Mushroom Kingdom and Mushroom Kingdom II.

-Note: Banned stages are allowed as long as both players agree on it.

Other Stuff:

- Players may have a coach that can give advice to a player for one minute in-between games. As soon as the stage is declared, the coach may not be consulted until after the game finishes.

- Glitches that freeze a character, freeze the game, or simply make the game unfinishable are banned and using them will result in losing the entire set. For example, the Ice Climbers Freeze Glitch.

- Wobbles Infinite with the Ice Climbers is not allowed.

- Controller modifications of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.

- Stalling of any kind will not be allowed.

- Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer. Failure to comply can also result in disqualification.

Setups

Right now I can only guarantee two TV and Gamecube/Wii setups. The rest is up to you! Please let me know if you're able to bring a TV with a Gamecube/Wii and a copy of Smash Bros. Melee along with a memory card. The memory card doesn't have to have everything unlocked, seeing as we should be able to copy the data if we really need to.

Also, of course, this is Bring Your Own Controller.

Contact

If you have any questions, please contact myself or my friend ALB247.

Tank McCannon contact info
Cell Phone: 330 774 4522
AIM: Tank McCannon
Email: Stowick@gmail.com

ALB247 contact info
Cell Phone: 330 518 3897
AIM: BurtonCharger247
Email: BurtonCharger247@hotmail.com

ALB247

Smash Apprentice
I couldn't tell ya. I actually live in Ohio, but the place we're playing at is in PA so I figured picky people would get mad if I posted this in OH's thread.

Tank McCannon

Smash Journeyman
This is so far from Philly. Are there even smashers in this part of PA?
From what I heard, there were about 20 people in it last year, and there are supposed to be even more this time around. I can't say what their skill level is, but hey, there's a possibility of some easy money!

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i dont know that they'll get more than 20 people with said speicifc date lol =p

ALB247

Smash Apprentice
It's literally a 30 minute drive for us cross-state by the way. I can get to Pittsburgh in an hour as well.

D20

Smash Lord
Pound 2 anybody?

Make it the following week and the turnout will be much much larger.

A-Laon

Smash Master
-Stages Allowed for Counter Picking: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams, Pokemon Stadium, Princess Peach's Castle, Kongo Jungle, Brinstar, Corneria, Mute City, Onett, Kongo Jungle (N64), Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Yoshi's Island, Green Greens, Venom, Poké Floats and Big Blue
Might want to fix that.

Impp

Smash Ace
Maybe I'll be there..., If my other plans don't go down.
If not, I'll come down to one of the Austintown ones in the near future.

MegamanX14

Smash Apprentice
I will be attending this event. Any chance of higher entry fee/teams/low tier?

Also, I will accept money matches from anyone. Just let me know.

ALB247

Smash Apprentice
MegamanX14, would you happen to be....oh, I dunno...the BEST DDR PLAYER IN THE WORLD?!?!?!?!?!

And in response to the banned stages, I didn't make the rules. I'm just posting the tournie here on the boards.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
This one is a stretch for how far I want to drive. Don't think it will happen. Does anyone know people who will for sure be going to this or the Austintown one? It's a bit of a drive and I don't want to show up with 4 people after a long drive and turn around because noones there -.-

ALB247

Smash Apprentice
No for the Austintown one WGWolverine. Tank McCannon and myself are the hosts for the Austintown tourney as well, so if you show up, I doubt anyone would be there.

On the same topic, we will post in advance whether there will be a tournament at Austintown. We stopped having weekly tournies from lack of turnout.

Impp

Smash Ace
Yayy! I'll be there.

I'll money match you MMX. I didn't get a chance to play you at Phasion's.

$5 2/3 alright?

Also, I'll bring a setup and 2 people.

Impp

Smash Ace
Nice tournament. Had alot a fun. Good job setting it up.. The turnout was great considering that major one was on the same day.

soap

Smash Hero
tourney wasnt bad, good games everybody, good games to mmx for beating me every game of every set with various characters, (you cant handle my pikachu, lol)

MegamanX14

Smash Apprentice
Soap: Your Pikachu was insane, hahaha. =P

Fun tournament, although I didn't really play anybody not in the tournament except soap the whole time.

ALB247

Smash Apprentice
It was alot of fun. Glad Tank (Wick to you guys) and I could make it out. Soap and MMX rocked everyone else pretty **** hard. We'll hope to come out and do some more tournies and hopefully we can see you guys in Austintown for our tournies here.

Top Bottom