• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jun 21, 2014] King of the House 3 (Dallas, Texas)

Element of Smash

Scrub Lord
Well, I am new to the smash world.. but I won't hold back. Prepare Yourself!
One minor question.... can I attend both Melee Singles AND Project M Singles simultaneously?
Absolutely! Hopefully the time table for the two will go a bit smoother this time.

EDIT: Late post and bad grammar. I am ashamed.

Where you at, dawg?

Last edited:

Dita

Smash Rookie
Are you allowed to bring your own food to this thing? I don't have the money to buy anything at the restaurant....
When I attended King of the House 2, I filled my backpack with goodies. Lots and lots of goodies.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
idk if yall saw, but there will no longer be doubles
: O but how am i supposed to find a pick up partner at the venue and convince him to go with "awestin's ness is my spirit animal" for the team name and hope we don't scrub out 0-2 if there's no doubles?!

Auram

Smash Rookie
Ah I'm so excited! My first tournament! (be gentle?) Anyway are we all good on setups? I have one if need be!

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
Ah I'm so excited! My first tournament! (be gentle?) Anyway are we all good on setups? I have one if need be!
Always assume there will not be enough set ups. But also be willing to stay with your setup until singles is almost completely finished.

C.E.S.

Smash Rookie
When will registration end for melee? I got CPR training which will probably go until one but I might get out early.

D

Deleted member

... There aren't really many roy mains in dfw afaik, we're not link or something

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
Maybe not mains, but so many pocket roys. So many.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Is anyone carpooling to this?

and

: O but how am i supposed to find a pick up partner at the venue and convince him to go with "awestin's ness is my spirit animal" for the team name and hope we don't scrub out 0-2 if there's no doubles?!
Maybe next time man :(

Last edited by a moderator:

iiGGYxD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiGGYxD
3DS FC
0447-7543-7353
I'm so bad at melee / pm but this is too close to me to not go.-.......... I'll try to make this tomorrow x)

CORY

wut
BRoomer
well, the best way to get that experience to get better is to slog through tourneys : p

Thin Mint

Smash Rookie
I was not that guy, sorry! I'm makig a short 5-7 minutes mini-doc for one of my video classes this summer and eventually expanding on it a bit to make it ~30 minutes or so. If you see me with my camera just tell me who you are and I'll sit you down for some questions!

Also, for anyone wondering what the questions might involve, here are a few topics:
Your passion for Melee.
The Texas scene.
The conflict with Nintendo at EVO last year.
How far Smash has come since then.
I've been wondering about that footage too...! I think I was in it, and I've always been better spoken than I am skilled LOL

Anyway bromeo, I'm quite prepared to talk about any of those things if you want/need me for it. :) Also can't wait to hang again! I'm sorry you can't participate in the event, but I'll see if I can't spare some change for a money match~

Thin Mint

Smash Rookie
Also Austin and I had a great team name planned again and everything :( Sorry, but I can provide a stand-in spirit animal for you:

hamyojo

Smash Ace
If nothing else happens after tourney for more Melee I want a my brithday/smash group to go see How To Train Your Dragon 2 with me!

Top Bottom