• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jun 21, 2014] King of the House 3 (Dallas, Texas)

Jolt135

Smash Rookie
IMPORTANT UPDATES - We have a time constraint now, the owner scheduled another event so we don't have the entire day to ourselves (sorry to everyone), we need to be out by 10:00PM. In response to this, I have decided to REMOVE doubles for both games, the venue fee is now $5 ($0 with setup). The time schedule for the day has also been changed, PM starts at 12:00PM and Melee at 2:00PM.

We are a brand new restaurant based in North Dallas hoping to do our part in the DFW Smash community. Our 8,000 sq ft, two-story venue offers a more than adequate amount of room alongside spacious and comfortable lounges to sit. For those who only wish to spectate, we will provide two spectator-only HD flatscreen TVs and a projector for our top 8. Additionally, our entire restaurant will be at your full disposal be it food, drink, or tournament.

If you guys have any requests or questions, please feel free to contact us at any time.

Parking Information
You are free to park in the parking garage next to the venue
You may also use the "RETAIL" marked parking spots outside the venue

Contact Information
Cory Hoang 469-260-2322 / vietboihuy123@yahoo.com /* */
Carlos Reyna 469-226-9727 / ccarlols@gmail.com /* */
Restaurant 972-661-9960 (ask for Cory)
http://www.phohousedallas.com
http://www.facebook.com
http://www.tourneylocator.com

Venue
Venue/KotH1 Photos
Pho House Dallas (Like us!)
@PhoHouseDallas (Follow us!)

Stream
Tourney Locator (Like us!)
Tourney Locator (Subscribe to us!)
Tourney Locator (Follow us!)

Schedule
10:00 AM - Arrival/Registration
11:30 AM - Project:M Signups ENDS
12:00 PM - Project: M Singles
1:30 PM - Melee Signups ENDS
2:00 PM - Melee Singles
10:00 PM - Close/ End of Tournament

Fees
*********Venue: $5 ($0 w/ Setup)
NO SPECTATOR FEE
Singles: $10
**If you cannot bring a TV, a Wii + BOTH GAMES will still count for the venue discount as long as we have an unused TV for it. Please keep that in mind!

Payouts
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%
$100 bonus pot to each game with >70 entrants (Singles only)
Pot Bonus will be split 60 - 30 - 10 instead of 100 to first place.

MELEE Rules
4 stocks
8 minute time limit
Items set OFF and NONE
Neutral Stages:
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Final Destination
Dreamland 64
Fountain of Dreams (Singles Only)
Pokemon Stadium (Doubles Only)
Counter Picks:
Pokemon Stadium (Singles Only)
Kongo Jungle 64 (Doubles Only)

PROJECT: M Rules
4 stocks
8 minute time limit
Items set to OFF and NONE
Buffer OFF
Neutral Stages:
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 2
Final Destination
Smashville
Dreamland
Yoshi's Story (Singles Only)
Counter Picks:
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Lylat Cruise
Warioware
Greenhill Zone
Skyloft
Skyworld
Metal Cavern
Dracula's Castle
Rumble Falls
Distant Planet (Doubles Only)

Addendum for Doubles
Team Attack ON
Life stealing is allowed (note that lifestealing in Project: M is done by pressing A+B rather than Melee's Start)
In the event of a game going to time, the winner will be determined by:
a. Whichever team has more remaining stock.
b. If both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.

Character/Stage Selection Process
Blind Picks character selection.
Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. 1-2-1 (Melee) / 1-2-2-1 (Project: M)
The first match is played.
Winning player of the preceding match bans one stage (Melee) / three stages (Project: M)
The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
The winning player of preceding match picks character.
The losing player picks character.
The next match is played.
Repeat for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.
*Dave's Stupid Rule is in effect for the entirety of the set

Miscellaneous Rules
The TOs are the arbiters of all disputes.
BYOC: Players are expected to bring their own controllers.
DQ Rule: Arriving 5 MINUTES late will lose you ONE match. 10 MINUTES will lose you the SET.
In the event of a match going to time/sudden death, the winner will be determined by:
a. Whoever has more remaining stock left.
b. If stocks of both players are the same, the winner will then be determined by whoever has less percent.
c. If the match ends with both players dying at the same time or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, an identical rematch of the previous match will be played out. Same characters and same stage.
d. In the event of going to sudden death because of suicide kill move (such as Ganon's overB or Dedede's inhale), the player initiating the move will be declared the winner.
Sets will be best out of 3 games.
Loser's Finals, Winner's Finals, and Grand Finals will be best out of 5.
MikeHaze rule: No intentionally disrupting players, whether physically or vocally. This applies to EVERYONE.
Gentleman's Clause: Any rule change (besides 8 minute time limit) is permitted if agreed by both players.
Dave's Stupid Rule: Players cannot counterpick back to a stage they have already won on in the set.
Textures are Cool Clause: Nondisruptive textures and music are allowed. If there is a problem, contact the TOs and we will get it resolved ASAP.

The venue is open to ALL AGES despite having two bars. So if you wish to drink, bring an ID. Please drink responsibly!

Please post any menu suggestions, comments on the food, drinks (soft drinks & alcoholic), service, etc.
We will post what we will do better this tournament soon!

IMPORTANT: Special happy hour for the tournament will be $4 domestics and $5 crown&down.

P.S. SETUPS SETUPS SETUPS. Please and thank you.

Last edited:

hamyojo

Smash Ace
Oh my gooooood this is on my birthday
I will either
1. Have to leave earlier for some birthday thing like I have for every other KOTH so far
or 2. get first and then have an after party at this cool place called the Pho House

Nair

Smash Cadet
NNID
Goldenwolf2
3DS FC
0920-1616-6632
Considering I went to KotH 2, I might as well go to this one. Come at me! >:O

Element of Smash

Scrub Lord
Welp. I guess I best shoot for 3/3. Maybe not lose to Sethlon in bracket pools?

Anywho, count me in. I should be able to make this with relative certainty.

I will either
1. Have to leave earlier for some birthday thing like I have for every other KOTH so far
or 2. get first and then have an after party at this cool place called the Pho House
I vote for 2. You've slipped away from me twice before I could MM you. Not this time.

Nair

Smash Cadet
NNID
Goldenwolf2
3DS FC
0920-1616-6632
Welp. I guess I best shoot for 3/3. Maybe not lose to Sethlon in bracket pools?

Anywho, count me in. I should be able to make this with relative certainty..
Same here. Let's play some friendlies together! I'll be one of the few pikashoes!

D

Deleted member

I'll probably go to this since a certain someone wants to pull out a certain character, in addition to Icies. I doubt I'll enter PM, but I guess I'll play some PM friendlies.

If I enter teams, is it possible I could team with one of these fine people in Melee?
@ -=Untamed-Beast=- -=Untamed-Beast=-
@Scotch98'
@Lunchables

Edit: I checked the calendar and this looks like KotH3 is the day I get back from summer camp. I'm not sure if I'll be able to attend, but I'll try my best to make it.

Last edited by a moderator:

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
I will actually be attending with the missus. Are we allowed to register for Project M up to the 15:30 registration time?? I expect to be in Dallas the morning of the tournament, but the possibility exists that I may be driving from Texarkana that morning with a carpool (dependent on interest from our smash community there of course).

Nair

Smash Cadet
NNID
Goldenwolf2
3DS FC
0920-1616-6632
Due to life. I can't come. :(

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey @ CORY CORY , are you attending this? If so, I hope you brought some security. There's a lot of wallet snatchers and people who'd love to take your MM money.

For me anyways, I'm 100% covered.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

The Black Uzumaki

Smash Cadet
Yo definitely gonna try to make this one, got way better since Koth1, atleast i hope i did lol not gonna sink in the pools this time

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Are you allowed to bring your own food to this thing? I don't have the money to buy anything at the restaurant....

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Hey @ CORY CORY , are you attending this? If so, I hope you brought some security. There's a lot of wallet snatchers and people who'd love to take your MM money.

For me anyways, I'm 100% covered.

View attachment 15374
somehow i missed you tagging me up until now.

and i'm looking rather likely to make this. i'll be able to confirm by, like... thurs or fri. you looking for a teammate for pm right now? if not, it's totally cool, i'm so filthy casual right now ;x

BIGJOHNSONxPWNS

Smash Apprentice
Hi all. Gentle Breeze here.

I'm doing a little mini-documentary on the Smash community for my video production class this summer and am wanting to bring my camera there to capture some good footage as well as interview a few smashers with some questions I have prepared.

1) @phởHouse is it okay if I bring my camera to the venue? I wanted to ask first before I walked in there with it. I would only be filming where smash is being played, and maybe a shot of the bar to show how kickass are tournaments are nowadays.

2) Smashers: If anyone wants to be interviewed send me a message. I already have certain people picked out but a few more would be nice as long as you answer the questions maturely and intelligently. I also might need some help with my camera and tripod but if you're going to be in tourney and need to concentrate on that then I understand. I won't be entering for this one because I need this work to get done.

Hopefully this works out and I can capture the feel of a great Texas tourney series. Can't wait to see you guys there!

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
J/k, you are going? Because my Marth has gotten pretty decent. I wish to SHOW YOU BY FORCE!
As of now nothing stands in the way of me FINALLY going, so yeah. We need to meet up and play before hand if that's possible. I'm soo... CRT rusty (netplay hype).

**** this is on my birthday...
That's some sirius bull. j/k sounds awsum

2) Smashers: If anyone wants to be interviewed send me a message. I already have certain people picked out but a few more would be nice as long as you answer the questions maturely and intelligently.

Hopefully this works out and I can capture the feel of a great Texas tourney series. Can't wait to see you guys there!
I would be down to help as an interviewee! IF I GO. Are you by the chance that guy that was recording chats with players at PaRG 2? I just wonder where that footage is... :O

BIGJOHNSONxPWNS

Smash Apprentice
As of now nothing stands in the way of me FINALLY going, so yeah. We need to meet up and play before hand if that's possible. I'm soo... CRT rusty (netplay hype).

That's some sirius bull. j/k sounds awsum

I would be down to help as an interviewee! IF I GO. Are you by the chance that guy that was recording chats with players at PaRG 2? I just wonder where that footage is... :O
I was not that guy, sorry! I'm makig a short 5-7 minutes mini-doc for one of my video classes this summer and eventually expanding on it a bit to make it ~30 minutes or so. If you see me with my camera just tell me who you are and I'll sit you down for some questions!

Also, for anyone wondering what the questions might involve, here are a few topics:
Your passion for Melee.
The Texas scene.
The conflict with Nintendo at EVO last year.
How far Smash has come since then.

Goldenmarth51

Smash Cadet
NNID
mgainus87
3DS FC
0748-2063-8060
Well, I am new to the smash world.. but I won't hold back. Prepare Yourself!
One minor question.... can I attend both Melee Singles AND Project M Singles simultaneously?

Top Bottom