• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

jumps confirmed

T-major

Smash Champion
I would get angry at you for not using the official Dedede thread; but due to the fact that Dedede's Multi-jumps make me giddy like as a school girl, I let you off with a warning. :D

WarMachine

Smash Apprentice
Dedede is friggin' awesome.

I'm glad that it's confirmed, though really only crazy people thought it would be any different.

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
it looked like he didnt get much height but had a little more vertical movement. any one else agree?

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
it looked like he didnt get much height but had a little more vertical movement. any one else agree?
Yeah, that is a reasonable deduction based on the footage we got. Multiple jumps to gain lots of horizontal and then he has his high up b for vertical (multiple jumps will probally be able to get some height also)

His up b looks really high:

ummyyeeaahh

Smash Cadet
Wow Dedede looks freaking awesome, but I'd just like to point out that most heavy characters have great horizontal recovery but bad vertical recovery, Dedede seems to have seems to have pretty good recovery in both directions though.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Wow Dedede looks freaking awesome, but I'd just like to point out that most heavy characters have great horizontal recovery but bad vertical recovery, Dedede seems to have seems to have pretty good recovery in both directions though.
Yeah, Bowser and DK recover quite nice horizontally.

But multiple jumps is just awesome... and you dont have to use your up b to recover horizontal. It also leads to possiblitys like WOP (wall of pain) type jigglypuff combos

Polostick

Smash Apprentice
i just wanna scream but when he is on the ground i think that is when you press down

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Seen it coming, look hilarious though.

I guess it looks funnier in actual 3d than in sprite.

-Onyx

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
Yeah, i like how the Jumps are confirmed even though it doesnt really fit the heaveyweight type style, it still fits King Dedede and Kirby series. So even if he has the jumps, we hope he'll be a unique and effective character

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Think about this... Kirby had multiple jumps, Meta Knight has multiple jumps... So King Dedede just HAS to have multiple jumps... That's why the kirby series is so friggin awesome. Although, in my opinion, Dedede and Meta Knight own Kirby.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
i just hate dedede's jet hammer.
what a stupid move. his hammer is mechanized since when?
Its awesome. because sakurai thought changing it would be cool? its his character. A charge move is great. Its smash, stuff gets changed all the time.. since when could mario shoot fireballs without the fireball suit?

pyroroth

Smash Journeyman
Its awesome. because sakurai thought changing it would be cool? its his character. A charge move is great. Its smash, stuff gets changed all the time.. since when could mario shoot fireballs without the fireball suit?
Yea! since when could link throw bombs without buying them 1st?!

Top Bottom