• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jumping out of link's shorthop bair, and the SHfair double hit

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I've never seen anyone do this before, including HDL, and I know a couple people I played as link were surprised that it worked. Not claiming that I discovered this or anything, i just wanted to spread the knowledge, as i believe it let's link due some new things.

a) Shield pressure. I can bair marth's shield and then jump over and behind himand come down with a nair or fair. I don't think it's possible to shield grab because there's so little lag between the second hit and the jump. I could be wrong, but there is almost no perfect shield pressure in this game, so no biggie.

b) Combos. With less lag after the bair, that opens up the possibility of faster combos. You don't have to go through landing lag and the lag from the initial jump. You can do things like bair to double jump waveland onto yoshi's platforms into either a grounded move like dsmash or a kill move or you can slide off into a nair or something else.

Anyways, no one had mentioned this to me, and i wish they had, because I've been having alot of fun with it.

The second thing is the fact that if you're very quick, you can make both hits of links fair come out in a shorthop. I'm sure how useful this could be. Perhaps comboing at certain percents by hitting with both hits, or shield pressure since the hits are spaced evenly.

Apologies if this is well known and I'm just an idiot.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Ah, i just don't frequent link boards, and I never see people do it in videos(was watching HDLs matches recently) so I had no clue. I was mostly wondering why i wasn't seeing it since if it is common knowledge, it seems like a good thing to do.

Ah i think i saw HDL do it once against SS, but that was it, and he didn't hit with the bair so he got hit out of it, no application.

soma ghost

Smash Journeyman
shffl bair double jump away to rang. I almost only use it to shield pressure. But usually if I know they are shield happy I will bair to turnaround grab, for some reason that catches a lot of people off guard.

zBOREDOMKINGz

Smash Apprentice
DON'T?
I found that right when I just I flick the C-stick and then jump right before and it works better then without it. It's situational though cuz I don't like doing it on the other side. D:

And yeah I knew about the Double Fair. I thought it was just some accident when I did it. I like using it on Battlefield personally.

soma ghost

Smash Journeyman
The only time I see it making sense to use the c stick while doing this is if you want to be moving forward while bairing other wise its much quicker to use A, I mean its just closer to the jump buttons and you have to bair right when you get off the ground to pull off another jump. I've tried it with the c-stick, it just seemed a lot harder. for me

SiN:Wrath

Smash Apprentice
I like to use a lot of bair. It's got decent reach, hits more than once, and is bloody fantastic for anytype of air combo becuase it sets up for all ur other aerials. I use it a lot on ppl when they drop through platforms. Bair through them to a short hop nair or grab, works everytime. ;D

-"MMMh mmmh Mmmh Mmmh mmh! Hylian!" - Quizno's commercial done by Link

Smash Apprentice
The c-stick is situational for me. But I do agree that I find it more difficult to jump outta bair when I use the c-stick. In the beginning its probably best not to use the c-stick for it.

- "Maybeee the Master Sword was flying around the house, Yea it was flying around the house and that persons internal organs told it to dock!!" "Master Swords do not DOCK!" - Dennis Leary and Link having a (comedic?) conversation.

Smash Apprentice
Lol! Button mashing usually just gets u in to trouble. Try to figure out timing as often as u can b/c it'll eventually teach u muscle memory and u won't have to ever think about it again.

- Link and Superman walk into a bar... Superman leaves because he realizes its a bar for REAL men.

Top Bottom