• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jumping Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Straight

Smash Journeyman
not too sure about this either. Id like to see some of other peoples tips on this. Maybe just get hit on purpose on your double jump?idk
ps - cool banner, why cant smash have a pimp *** white or black yoshi :(

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
I usually use my double jump to its fullest advantage when recovering. If I can, I'll watch the opponent and try to go around their edgeguarding attack, or go through it and retaliate on low %. Mid to high % I tend to aim for the ledge, with things like DJC'd egg throws, and Yoshi's down b. Yoshi has a fantastic edge game that I love exploiting.

It's often best to keep your double jump to later in your recovery so that you can survive an edgeguard, and use your midair dodge to land on the stage. Also make sure that you can untumble easily, because often you lose too much momentum when wiggling the joystick back and forth.

Uh, yeah, that's all I can think of that helps me get back on. Hope that helps some ^^.

Tacoom

Smash Lord
what I do is DJ low and aim for them, so when they hit me I can sneak in a counter attack of my own unless Im at a high %. In that case I would come in and air dodge back then fast fall down and grab the edge. Then if they are close the the edge just hit R or L to slowly craw on the stage (100% +) These are just a few things that I do. Im sure that you will figure some statagies of your own.

Erusmors

Smash Apprentice
Spamming ledge cancelled eggs is also fun if your opponent is a bit further away. Just make sure you don't kill yourself or get hit. Following it up with an L-canceled fair is good too.

Zeldrew

Smash Cadet
I either triangle jump back onto the stage and counter with a left/right+a or if I'm too low I dodge up and then ff to the ledge like that other dude. Not sure what I do after that.

Thomas Tipman

Smash Champion
down b if your above the ledge is a great strat.

what i do on occation if im knocked high i will throw an egg so it falls by the ledge and down b if im above it or air dodge to the ledge if im a distance away. it help to have an egg back you up but attacks with high priority will own you so i wouldnt advise doing this like crazy (especially vs marth:skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: )

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
mud............................................wait for it............................wait for it..........................................almost there.................k..........nope not yet.........

KIP!

yay i played thorn in a few friendlies and and didnt even know it was him......

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I was told to say: "Wow learn to recover idiot"

I concur. You should learn to recover. Maybe rehab?

th0rn

Smash Lord
haha funny guys. old post lolll

but really, everyone who posted above is HORRIBLE now (2007) and I'll MM any of you for whatever amount. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom