• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JumpFesta Thread

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
OMG you guys sorry for not posting for a while. After walking around cosplaying as mr. poofy pajama pants and then cosplaying as orange hair sword guy, ate my super small extremely overpriced meal, pretending to know japanese by singing along to japanese anime theme songs, buying naruto choclolate bars, ect. ect. ect. I finally headed towards smash bros. brawl demo booth! BUT I got distracted by a generic anime fighting game so yeah I haven't played brawl yet

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
OMG you guys sorry for not posting for a while. After walking around cosplaying as mr. poofy pajama pants and then cosplaying as orange hair sword guy, ate my super small extremely overpriced meal, pretending to know japanese by singing along to japanese anime theme songs, buying naruto choclolate bars, ect. ect. ect. I finally headed towards smash bros. brawl demo booth! BUT I got distracted by a generic anime fighting game so yeah I haven't played brawl yet
Do you mind?

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
>:( Too many generics... this isn't fun any more. ...'orange hair sword guy'.... Ichigo...

spindash

Smash Ace
And. You're cut. :\

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
Okay I might go play brawl soon. This generic anime fighter has me hooked. The mind tech is very interesting.

The Director

Smash Lord
Same exact demo, huh?

I do believe I called that all the way back in the CoroCoro thread...atleast the Japanese are getting some Brawl goodness, tho.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Let's see how it plays out. There may not be anything big like I hoped. Todays update may have just been what I was talking about (as that was the trailer).

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Really I wasn't expecting anything too drastic...

Red_Revival

Smash Cadet
Just got back from Jump Festa, sorta quick Smash Bros impressions

Hey someone from IGN Wii General Board just posted impressions

Doshen5 said:
I'll get right to it:

They had a bunch of booths set up, but sadly, the only option was to play with the wii remote. I have never enjoyed using the wii remote NES-style. It has always annoyed the crap out of me, and I would sooner be punched in the face than to play a game for an extended period of time with it. Aaaand it looks like Smash Bros. was no exception. I just couldn't get the hang of it (keep in mind I only got to play 2 2-minute matches). Contrary to pretty much all of the impressions that I have read about the game, I felt completely helpless with it turned sideways. I guess I can't bring myself to abandon my gamecube roots.

For the first match, I chose Pit and found myself doing the same move over and over again, all while being completely unable to navigate him successfully. He's got a crazy good jump, but executing it by pressing the up button felt way too unnatural to me. I need a separate jump button! Somehow I won the round, despite running around like a fool.

For the second match, I chose Mario, and felt more in control (maybe it was the character, maybe it was my slow adjustment to the control scheme). Mario felt just like I remember him, so nothing new to report here!

On the good side, the game felt incredibly polished, and, the big thing for me was that I found it easier to keep track of where the players were, compared to the gamecube version. I also felt some excitement trying to go after the small ball when it appeared, despite being totally unable to handle my characters. It's a cool mechanic, but the "purists" will probably turn it off.

There was a some new footage playing on the show floor, a lot of stuff I haven't seen yet (I've only seen what's on smashbros.com, the trailers, and a few videos during the smash bros blowout that happened a few months ago). Snake looked cool as hell, and some stages seemed pretty epic.

Oh, for stages, I saw the Wario Ware stage in action, and it looked cool as hell.

Umm...that's all I can remember! My impressions may sound a bit negative, but its just cause I really don't like the wii remote held NES style. Luckily, we have the option to use the GC controller! All in all, it looked like an even more polished version of the GC game, and my hype for it has not fallen, despite the poor first impression. I definitely feel that this is the Smash Bros everyone has been waiting for! (friend codes aside).

Wario Ware STage?! WTF? There was no wario ware stage at Eforall! So i guess it is a new demo..maybe

:034:

Smash Hero
So... the Americans got to play it.. And now the Japanese... And Europeans and Australians are left out again.

*thumbs up*

Gill

Smash Journeyman
Hey someone from IGN Wii General Board just posted impressions

Wario Ware STage?! WTF? There was no wario ware stage at Eforall! So i guess it is a new demo..maybe
I believe he just saw footage of the Wario Ware stage, not it actually being played.

Chuc

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3540-0027-2288
I also went, Saturday`s event finished today at around 5pm Japan time. I had to wait almost half an hour to get my turn, but when I was in line, they were replaying gameplay footage over and over。These were the things I noticed.

Seriously, when I decided to follow a friend to Jump Festa, I SERIOUSLY did not realise Brawl would be there. So bear with me.. I was awestruck, oh and this is coming from an Australian with little Japanese experience..

- Saw Zelda, Ice Climbers and Lucas in action via the prerecorded gameplay videos. Zelda didn't use any other specials other than Farore's Wind and Din's Fire, no transformations.. Ice Climbers and Lucas likewise, nothing new in terms of abilities that we already know, plus they all SEEM to play much like their Melee counterparts (but don't take my word for it, I'm not an analytical smasher and can't analyse from videos).

- On the back of the ticket we got was printed the icons from the series.. nothing new =P

- The demo had changes to the E 4 All demo, like Kirby and Wario were playable but Sonic wasn't. Kirby's hammer swing seemed a bit shorter in range than in melee. Wario was quite smooth but had animation qualities reminescent of G&W. His bike you can throw, but its throwing range is tiny and seemed a little ineffectual.

- The Summit was playable. The whole stage seemed like a comment on global warming as the summit would break off, the stage sliding, but its really easy to remain on the platforms. The peak would land in water and float, with the Balloon Man.. fish.. occasionally swiping the bottom. The peak then moves to a colder region and the water level drops a bit and the rest of the mountain refreezes resetting the stage.

- Wario Ware was playable. Its layout is simple, but I had no idea what was going on as I couldn`t understand what to do.

- Statues in Castle Siege were destroyable, greatly simplifying the 2nd level layout.

- The Booth Babes were very very very very very very very friendly and nice. Dozo dozo~

Going back tomorrow.

Kye L

Smash Apprentice
Ooh...hey, did you try the Wario specials we haven't seen (neutral and up)? What were those like?

>_>

Phlemingo

Smash Ace
I also went, Saturday`s event finished today at around 5pm Japan time. I had to wait almost half an hour to get my turn, but when I was in line, they were replaying gameplay footage over and over。These were the things I noticed.

Seriously, when I decided to follow a friend to Jump Festa, I SERIOUSLY did not realise Brawl would be there. So bear with me.. I was awestruck, oh and this is coming from an Australian with little Japanese experience..

- Saw Zelda, Ice Climbers and Lucas in action via the prerecorded gameplay videos. Zelda didn't use any other specials other than Farore's Wind and Din's Fire, no transformations.. Ice Climbers and Lucas likewise, nothing new in terms of abilities that we already know, plus they all SEEM to play much like their Melee counterparts (but don't take my word for it, I'm not an analytical smasher and can't analyse from videos).

- On the back of the ticket we got was printed the icons from the series.. nothing new =P

- The demo had changes to the E 4 All demo, like Kirby and Wario were playable but Sonic wasn't. Kirby's hammer swing seemed a bit shorter in range than in melee. Wario was quite smooth but had animation qualities reminescent of G&W. His bike you can throw, but its throwing range is tiny and seemed a little ineffectual.

- The Summit was playable. The whole stage seemed like a comment on global warming as the summit would break off, the stage sliding, but its really easy to remain on the platforms. The peak would land in water and float, with the Balloon Man.. fish.. occasionally swiping the bottom. The peak then moves to a colder region and the water level drops a bit and the rest of the mountain refreezes resetting the stage.

- Wario Ware was playable. Its layout is simple, but I had no idea what was going on as I couldn`t understand what to do.

- Statues in Castle Siege were destroyable, greatly simplifying the 2nd level layout.

- The Booth Babes were very very very very very very very friendly and nice. Dozo dozo~

Going back tomorrow.
Ignoring .

User33

Smash Journeyman
Chuc, please do not post false information in this thread, we know that this the demo was the exact same.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Okay, since Brawl is there I'll definitely be going tomorrow, though I might only get to play one or two rounds max (gotta catch my flight back to America after all). I'll update later. I'm so excited! Tanoshimi!

Ytoabn08

Smash Cadet
Wait, how do we know Chuc is lying? Do we know for sure it is the same demo? My apologies if I'm missing a post somewhere that confirms this.

omiz144

Smash Apprentice
I agree! Chuc seems pretty genuine. But it seriously wouldn't surprise me if he was lying.

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
Okay guys do you think I should spend my money I was going to use for a plane ticket to get back home for some naruto dolls, or not buy Naruto dolls and play brawl? I'm in my mr. poofy pajama pants costume again.

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
Okay guys do you think I should spend my money I was going to use for a plane ticket to get back home for some naruto dolls, or not buy Naruto dolls and play brawl? I'm in my mr. poofy pajama pants costume again.
It's 1:22 in the morning... what are you even doing at that hour? Oh, I know- NOTHING. Didn't the event close at 5 PM Saturday? The Brawl thing, I mean. It wouldn't reopen in the middle of the night >:[

Also, no one's stupid enough to spend their plane ticket money... I think.

To XeroHarsh: Just because a lot of stupid people like it doesn't mean it's bad. It just means that liking Naruto is a part of a human's natural instincts :laugh: Seriously, I'm a big Naruto fan, and hile I can understand if some people don't like it, I get mad when they debunk it like that without offering any reasons as to why it's bad. ...you can ignore this, because it's reaaaaaally off topic.

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
It's 1:22 in the morning... what are you even doing at that hour? Oh, I know- NOTHING. Didn't the event close at 5 PM Saturday? The Brawl thing, I mean. It wouldn't reopen in the middle of the night >:[

Also, no one's stupid enough to spend their plane ticket money... I think.
Dude, I'm waiting outside with my fellow cosplayers. I was saying what should I do WHEN I get inside. Jeez.

You have to realize these are top of the line Naruto dolls.

WeeklyJumpman

Smash Journeyman
Dressed as Mr. Poofy Pajama Pants, pretending you're Japanese even though you don't know a single word of it, and thinking that eating Japanese food makes you "cooler" --
--I think you just summed up all the dubbies in America. Nice job!

00Elf

Smash Journeyman
"Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his failure level?"
"IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!"
"WHAT!?!? NINE THOUSAND!!! THERE'S NO WAY THAT CAN BE RIGHT!!!"

I think it's right.

Top Bottom