• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JumpFesta goers say: Din's Fire nerfed

Status
Not open for further replies.

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
----DISCLAIMER: There is no verifiable evidence as of yet and so far this assumption is based off heresay, but I thought it was an important enough accepted fact in Gamefaqs that it should be posted here.

There is no video of the video the jump fiesta'ers are basing this on yet, since the security was tight and it will take a while for the info to diffuse from Japan, but in gamefaqs theres a general consensus that Din's fire does less damage than in melee, according to the percent damage seen taken.

If this is true, WHY!? this was already one of the worst projectiles in game, why make it worse!? Though a smashboards post proved the ball comes out notably faster, which might counteract the nerf. Are the game developers idiots? didn't they notice that in melee Zelda's dins fire was trash?

her a moves seem stronger but her weak/same as melee B moves makes me lean towards her bieng a split character (since she was weak in melee because of Sheik , according to her trophy).

who knows though, it might be like falco's laser in melee, it doesn't do much but its quickness makes it enough to be annoying. Also, if she has a non transformation Down b because either shiek is an FS , cut , or a seperate character, it might be a powerful enough projectile or move to cover up the weakness of din's fire.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
WHAT!?
Honestly, how can you NERF Din's fire? If Sakurai nerfs it anymore Zelda may as well just throw rocks at the opponent.
I seriously thought it looked bigger and faster in the vids =[
This is rather disappointing news.

If her B moves have been nerfed to make Sheik better, then Sheik can die.

Sw3Et

Smash Rookie
why are there impressions coming from japan about zeldas din's fire but nothing about wtf her down B move is????

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
I'm having a hard time believing this. Why would they nerf a move that wasn't that strong in the first place? Unless every other move is extremely buffed omg Zelda will be unstoppable or not. Gah if this has any involvement with that wannabe ninja, like Soluble Toast said she can die. I swear it looked stronger against those primids unless they were weak. Whatever I guess we will see in a couple weeks.

Luthien

Smash Ace
this is all based on speculation, I wont believe it unless I see it for myself or it is actually confirmed.
Amen. Really, between the prophets, rumors in general, overinterprited updates, and stupid people, there are just too many things I can't believe any more. And primids are a different case, spAzn; there's no knockback against them till you remove their stamina, and once their health is depleted, the lightest of attacks sends them flying offscreen.

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
@Luthien Ah man you serious I should have paid attention to that.:laugh:

Alright then I am still not believing it until I see it for myself.

Pokec

Smash Journeyman
WHAT!?
Honestly, how can you NERF Din's fire? If Sakurai nerfs it anymore Zelda may as well just throw rocks at the opponent.
I seriously thought it looked bigger and faster in the vids =[
This is rather disappointing news.

If her B moves have been nerfed to make Sheik better, then Sheik can die.
Despite the many reasons I hate this post (the Sheik hating)

Your abbrasiveness makes me laugh.

Alot.

Tingle_Stole_My_Pants

Smash Apprentice
Odd... I've heard of this, but I've never seen it. I'll look through the video clips I've picked up here and there just to be sure, though...

I'll let you know if I find anything.

Kips

Smash Ace
Rocks would be more effective- they can give someone a nasty nosebleed.

Din's Fire has been a crappy projectile. It was slow, it left you vulnerable and it probably stole little children. I think Sakurai nerfed it on his personal 'opposite' day because this thing needs a huge facelift.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Hmm, maybe its faster and you have a lot more control of it now? Kinda like how you control PK Thunder? Anyway, I think that'd be cool... Or maybe it just locks onto the opponent as long as you hold the Special move button or something... Anyway, I find it hard to believe they'd nerf a move that's already so bad...

Iris

Smash Ace
There's a lot unexplained. Like how far Din's Fire traveled, because in Melee it was stronger the further it went (I've done about 7% close range, 13% or 14% far). Also, there's no explanation on the knockback, something just as important, if not more to the % damage.

I'll be pleased if Din's Fire does about 5% close range and like, 15+% all the way out, especially if it travels faster, has a bigger burst, and does more knockback.

Until all aspects have been explained, I feel no reason to be angry at the nerf. Granted, they had better have buffed nearly everything else.

Luthien

Smash Ace
There's a lot unexplained. Like how far Din's Fire traveled, because in Melee it was stronger the further it went (I've done about 7% close range, 13% or 14% far). Also, there's no explanation on the knockback, something just as important, if not more to the % damage.

I'll be pleased if Din's Fire does about 5% close range and like, 15+% all the way out, especially if it travels faster, has a bigger burst, and does more knockback.
Din's Fire's only use was it's knockback; I considered the damage a bonus when using it (the fact that it actually worked was usually a miracle). I don't care if it doesn't have any damage, as long as it's easier to lead into a f-air or b-air, I'm happy.

Until all aspects have been explained, I feel no reason to be angry at the nerf. Granted, they had better have buffed nearly everything else.
The exception being Sheik, right? ;) Seriously, though, I'd love to have this move buffed. Zelda needs a decent projectile... not that buffing the move would do that much any way. The only way I could see it actually being good is to follow Colaya's idea. That was awesome.

Iris

Smash Ace
Still awfully inconclusive. Din's Fire could've been used multiple times before that, making the % damage less, and we still don't know how much control you have over it, how far it travels, how much knockback it does, and how much % damage it can do it a longer range.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
They probably nerfed the damage because they buffed it in other ways..

Maybe it has faster speed, or more knockback. Don't go around crying about something you don't really know about.

Wait till the game comes out first.

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Don't go around crying about something you don't really know about.

Wait till the game comes out first.
You'll notice there's been a distinct lack of crying for the last while, and a whole lot of "we still don't know the situation and other variables: we'll have to wait".

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I would like to see that Jumpfiesta footage.

But yeah, Iris is right. We still don't know the least about Din's fire's damage. Its just no like Sakurai to nerf an attack like that. It could have been used close up, which causes less damage.

But hell, if it means Sakurai has made room for a stronger projectile in Zelda's moveset (aka: Light Arrows) I'm all for it :]

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
Personally, I would like to see that Jumpfiesta footage.

But yeah, Iris is right. We still don't know the least about Din's fire's damage. Its just no like Sakurai to nerf an attack like that. It could have been used close up, which causes less damage.

But hell, if it means Sakurai has made room for a stronger projectile in Zelda's moveset (aka: Light Arrows) I'm all for it :]
Hehe, Dins fire -> Light arrow combo :D

Knockback would be great to set it up :laugh:

Arean

Smash Ace
lets just wait till judgement day... brawl is nearing already.. WOOT!, I wonder why sakurai hasnt given a character update yet... besides zelda theres still luigi, capt falcon, jiggly puff..... and other more stuff. I thought he wanted to spoil things himself than the internet?

Kips

Smash Ace
Maybe he wants to leave them in as easter eggs for us to be surprised and very happy with. But yes I think the tracking motion would be very good but you could have a limit or cooldown time for firing. It would be a very versatile if slow projectile then.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I still needed to learn how to use it well.. I hope its stronger.. And maybe a little stunage and knockback added to it..

I don't know why its nerfed..

-Onyx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom