• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jul 26, 2014] Saturday Scuffles (Project M/Melee edition) (Morgantown, WV)

garm993

Smash Cadet
When: July 26th, 2014

Where: Four Horsemen Comics and Gaming in Morgantown, WV

What: Single/Doubles for Melee/Project M

Singles will be pools with top cut making bracket & Doubles will be bracket

Registration from 10am - 12pm

Pools should be running by 12:15pm done in waves (so everybody can eat when they aren’t scheduled to play)

Melee/Project M Doubles @ 12:15

Melee singles @ 3:15

Project M @ 6:00

Done by Midnight? (We can make other arrangements if not)

Venue: $15, Prereg $5 off, Full setup $5 off, so after Prereg + Full setup it would be $5 for venue

Entry: $10 singles

$20 per team ($10 per person)

Payout: (may require changing based on attendance)

Singles/Doubles

1st Place: 60%

2nd Place: 30%

3rd Place: 10%

Melee Rules: The tournament will abide by the Apex 2014 Official Rules. Wobbling is LEGAL. Wobbling past 250% will be considered stalling, as per Apex 2014 rules.

Project M Rules: The tournament will abide by the Apex 2014 Official Rules.

Food: sold at venue/Food court in mall

ATM: On site

Preregistration link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1xjUHxcWhzSd1KPkzTrFj1Ymx-mQXep-HU1ELQ3Nxonc/viewform

Preregistration is cut off 12 HOURS before the start of the event. No exceptions.

Last edited:

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Hype. I will definitely look into trying to attend this. Let's see if we can get most of WV to show (Weirton, Charleston, and Morgantown). Also, are you planning on holding anymore full-size tournaments during the school year? Those could get some very solid attendance numbers imo.

garm993

Smash Cadet
I want to pull a nice moderate number with this first tourney as a test load. If it works out decently, I wouldn't mind trying to have this twice a semester maybe? Definitely once the semester starts though, so expect another one when school starts.

SuperDavio

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperDavio
3DS FC
1633-4266-1971
Hype for this after the tourney today. Hopefully I can improve in a week (ha!) for Project M. Melee... I don't know anywhere near well enough.

garm993

Smash Cadet
I think I am already aiming the next event for October ish? Make sure you guys get preregistered with Google doc I have above. Also, at this point the huge lenient time between events are looking to be shortened or everything may just be streamed or just winners. We will see how it turns out when we get there.

garm993

Smash Cadet
At this time, there is a very good chance doubles will be getting removed along with singles getting bumped up and probably ran one after the other. I would rather not EVER have to change a schedule so drastically, but if the numbers aren't there and plans for people are wonky then it just has to be done. There will be better preparations in the future!

Top Bottom