• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jul 19, 2014] Smash and Brew SSBM/Project M Singles/Crews (Pensacola, FL)

Zone

Smash Champion
I haven't participated in a tournament before, and I'm relatively new to competitive melee (I've almost got the fancy stuff down pat). I hope to attend.
Hope to see you there,

for any new people joining this thread this is the Pensacola smash Facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/134182206752487/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/alabamasmashleague/

The 2nd link is for alabama, but a lot of players we play with regularly in tourney are located in Mobile only 1 hour away.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/134182206752487/

Last edited:

sllim

Smash Rookie
Do it @ sllim sllim . You'll learn a lot and we have a lot of fun.
I can't wait! Honestly, the learning experience is the most fun part of a game for me. The fruits of my labor are just an added bonus.

Also, I might be bringing a couple friends of mine that also play some melee, one of which is pretty sick with Marth.

I'm super excited!

Zone

Smash Champion
I heard he was the master cook that had infinite patience, and made meals with the saltiest ingredients one could muster.

Menk

Smash Cadet
I'll be there and try to get a few Pensacola bros to come too. I'm glad there's finally a tournament here, I've been waiting for years.

imrai

Smash Apprentice
Do you guys know of anyone who would be able to provide housing? I'm willing to pay for the space and even buy us some pizzas or something, just want to save money on a hotel room, as I'll be driving down from Montgomery. There might be one or two people from Montgomery that would want to come with me if that can be arranged, but for now it's just me that I know of.

imrai

Smash Apprentice
He's going out of town deep sea fishing this week with his dad, or he would be coming too :( We travel/train/play together like every week/weekend, I'm gonna miss having him around to calm me down between rounds.

OrangeEnvelope

Smash Apprentice
He's going out of town deep sea fishing this week with his dad, or he would be coming too :( We travel/train/play together like every week/weekend, I'm gonna miss having him around to calm me down between rounds.
sadly, this is true, but if anything changes I'll let you guys know

Dj Ileum

Smash Rookie
I saw Mario mention that we might need setups. I might be able to bring a gamecube, but I don't think I can be of any help with TVs.

Zone

Smash Champion
I'll be there and try to get a few Pensacola bros to come too. I'm glad there's finally a tournament here, I've been waiting for years.
for.. years... ?

granted i haven't bothered to run one in like a year. but before that we ran like 6-8 a year. 2 out of house, 6 in house. I lost big money on out of house ones which is why I went conservative mode and ran them when I use to live with Joe.

Do you guys know of anyone who would be able to provide housing? I'm willing to pay for the space and even buy us some pizzas or something, just want to save money on a hotel room, as I'll be driving down from Montgomery. There might be one or two people from Montgomery that would want to come with me if that can be arranged, but for now it's just me that I know of.
me and anthony can house you.

Last edited:

Zone

Smash Champion
Joe is off the day of the tournament and he has like 5, Me and anthony have like 4 combined. If you all could bring 1 setup that would help alot as well.

@ Metmetm3t Metmetm3t It does have Wifi, I was going to stream it, but if you want to stream it off your account I don't mind.

but be warned it might not be fast enough, this is the first time trying this place. worse case scenario can record locally and upload/re-stream it later.

@ragnarock

Last edited:

imrai

Smash Apprentice
I will be bringing one CRT, one gamecube + melee, one wii + pm. If you need me to bring anything else let me know and I can try and borrow stuff.

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
How many times are you doing a tournament a month? Because I might not get to go on this one.
we don't have anything etched in stone yet. It's still a WIP to see how successful we are this time around compared to the last time zone tried to run a tournament. If it goes well it'll be a once a month thing....i believe

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
How good are you guys anyway? I would like to know.
compared to the new player, some of these guys have been around for like 7 years or more. they're experienced enough, and are guaranteed to obliterate you.

i'm still planning on driving up to this from orlando btw. zone can you still house me + another for friday and saturday night? we'd be leaving sunday morning.

really looking forward to exploring everything pensacola has to offer after the tournament. :bee:

Last edited:

imrai

Smash Apprentice
So do I have to pay 5 dollars for melee and 5 dollars for projectM to play in the tournament.
Yes, each event is $5. However, there is no venue fee, which would usually be at least $5 just to get in the door, which is a nice plus. If you wish to play Melee or PM doubles and those events happen, that would be $5 as well. Honestly, considering it's a $5 buy-in per game and no venue fee, this is a great tournament for a newer tourney player. $20 for at least 8 guaranteed tournament matches (assuming you have a doubles partner) and friendlies as long as you can play them is not a bad deal at all.

Last edited:

Zone

Smash Champion
compared to the new player, some of these guys have been around for like 7 years or more. they're experienced enough, and are guaranteed to obliterate you.

i'm still planning on driving up to this from orlando btw. zone can you still house me + another for friday and saturday night? we'd be leaving sunday morning.

really looking forward to exploring everything pensacola has to offer after the tournament. :bee:

Ya that's fine.

Phone# 850 532 9666

Address for my place:
2355 west Michigan ave, apt# E-31
Pensacola FL, 32526

Last edited:

imrai

Smash Apprentice
This sounds like fun I have not found anybody better than me yet. Hopefully this is going to be a learning experience.:)
prepare to be amazed. my first tournament was a few months ago.. i definitely didn't expect people to be as good as they were.

Last edited:
Top Bottom