• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Joysticks... I've tried them all. I'm presenting a better solution.

NalsXR

Smash Cadet
oh jeez, i hope you have your youtube videos backed up somewhere, they're all 'unavailable' or some ****

Zinnamon

Smash Cadet
Excuse me but, what is this a better solution too? Also, can you upload a picture? the youtube video is down.

badair

Smash Cadet
@nalzxr, Sorry about the youtube account, I deleted my google plus account and that went down with it. I don't have them backed up.

@zinnamon, It's a better solution than the other solutions I have found to the problem of bad n64 joysticks.

I've realized that making these controllers perfect (full range in all directions) is going to take a lot more time and effort that I thought, and I haven't even made a perfect one yet. Also, the joysticks I have now are of a lesser quality than the ones I had before, so I guess these will be my "practice" ones. I'm not really sure where to go from here. I'll let all of you know when I have something worthwhile to show. I also still want to let superboom review the first "perfect" controller, when/if I have one ready. I really want to turn this project into something fruitful but it's proving more difficult at every turn. I'll read all the new posts and pms here, but I'm probably not going to have much to say until I actually have something worthwhile to show. I'm not abandoning the project, but it's become a little bit overwhelming because of all the frustation I've encountered. One of these days I'm going to muster up the patience to sit down and work on them all day long. Maybe the day after too. I'll know what to do then. At this point it's not one of those "an hour here, an hour there" kind of things. Also, I've already "absorbed" the cost of all this stuff, so I'm not going to charge through the roof even if it takes me several hours to make a single controller. Thanks again for your patience, and I hope this project doesn't become a letdown to us all.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
@nalzxr, Sorry about the youtube account, I deleted my google plus account and that went down with it. I don't have them backed up.

@zinnamon, It's a better solution than the other solutions I have found to the problem of bad n64 joysticks.

I've realized that making these controllers perfect (full range in all directions) is going to take a lot more time and effort that I thought, and I haven't even made a perfect one yet. Also, the joysticks I have now are of a lesser quality than the ones I had before, so I guess these will be my "practice" ones. I'm not really sure where to go from here. I'll let all of you know when I have something worthwhile to show. I also still want to let superboom review the first "perfect" controller, when/if I have one ready. I really want to turn this project into something fruitful but it's proving more difficult at every turn. I'll read all the new posts and pms here, but I'm probably not going to have much to say until I actually have something worthwhile to show. I'm not abandoning the project, but it's become a little bit overwhelming because of all the frustation I've encountered. One of these days I'm going to muster up the patience to sit down and work on them all day long. Maybe the day after too. I'll know what to do then. At this point it's not one of those "an hour here, an hour there" kind of things. Also, I've already "absorbed" the cost of all this stuff, so I'm not going to charge through the roof even if it takes me several hours to make a single controller. Thanks again for your patience, and I hope this project doesn't become a letdown to us all.
I'm interested in beginning to learn about this whole process, willing to buy an audrino or whatever it is you use to program the chips too. gunna start reading up, maybe i can help some way in the future

GOOD LUCK

rustyw

Smash Cadet
What would it take to keep this project going? This would be such a boon to the community, I'd hate to see you give up now. Preorders?

herbmaster%

my dankchu is 420XX
3DS FC
2836-1534-7477
is powdered graphite at all useful or reccomended for reducing friction and resistance of buttons?

Top Bottom