• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Join the [Deus de Animus] Guild; a guild for Ike players!

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Welcome to the Deus de Animus. ^_^

ranking someone purely by skill seems wrong. What if they are pure asshats but are excellent or play like Isai and would be ranked low. Also, everyone pretty much has a skill cap that once you reach, you won't get much better.
Not sure what you mean, but we'll definitely be raking by skill only. In the millitary, one is not ranked by how old they are, or how nice they are, but by how well they can do their job. Age can correlate to rank, but that is based purely on experience, and therefore, skill. I mean, even if we had someone as asshatty as Rock the Rapist in our guild, if he was good, he'd be ranked high. If we had the nicest guys that sucked at the game high ranked in our guild, what would that say of our seriousness as Ike players? Besides, you're not even in this guild. xD

Fe Lords

Smash Cadet
Welcome to the Deus de Animus. ^_^

Not sure what you mean, but we'll definitely be raking by skill only. In the millitary, one is not ranked by how old they are, or how nice they are, but by how well they can do their job. Age can correlate to rank, but that is based purely on experience, and therefore, skill. I mean, even if we had someone as asshatty as Rock the Raper in our guild, if he was good, he'd be ranked high. If we had the nicest guys that sucked at the game high ranked in our guild, what would that say of our seriousness as Ike players? Besides, you're not even in this guild. xD
I totally agree with you Zar, but can it be 2 weeks because I won't be able to actually play until the break since weekdays are school and on saturday I have to go to church school and Sunday I go to church and the gym so I don't think i'll be able to play until spring break

reothepenguin

Smash Journeyman
Yeah a lot of us aint gonna have much time, but your the boss zar. What you say goes i guess. Ill still play my hardest no matter what.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Don't worry, guys, this isn't your rank for keeps. There will be a selection of dates in the future, maybe even twice a month, that you can challenge someone above you for ranks. So if some of you can't play much for a couple weeks, but then play really hard for a couple months afterward, you'll get the rank you deserve.

reothepenguin

Smash Journeyman
Allright, sounds like it'll work. Thanks. I just didn't want to be judged as bad just because I didn't get enough practice. By the way, I can't wait to get to the top of the ranks.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
So its basically like a power ranking w/ a tournament to start it off. Makes sense ^_^ (simplified version of what you mean i hope)

sagemoon

Smash Lord
we dont know how wifi deals with lag so yeah >_>. But I'm pretty sure thats just unlucky and we will have to deal with it.

OR we can have 2 rankings for our guild, one for west and one for east, that way in clan battles we can match up our best east player with their east player and our west with their west... But then again we really dont know how wifi is w/ lag yet.

Enshoku

Smash Lord
in a box of fading memories, and everlasting knowl
Not sure what you mean, but we'll definitely be raking by skill only. In the millitary, one is not ranked by how old they are, or how nice they are, but by how well they can do their job. Age can correlate to rank, but that is based purely on experience, and therefore, skill. I mean, even if we had someone as asshatty as Rock the Rapist in our guild, if he was good, he'd be ranked high. If we had the nicest guys that sucked at the game high ranked in our guild, what would that say of our seriousness as Ike players? Besides, you're not even in this guild. xD
list time :laugh:

1. that isn't how the army works. If jhonny too-human can outshoot, outthink and outmove EVERYONE in the army do you think he will become the general soon? The army treats promotions like an executive office does. they figure out:
a) do we really need another XXXXX instead of an XXXX?
b)why should jhonny get the job over everyone else, skill, experience, loyalty, intelligence, personality?
c)what are reasons he would be incompatible for this job, does he follow orders, and give him correctly?
2. If Reo the penguin is horrible, and plays 3 hours a day for 4 years but never gets any better, a semi-skilled guild hopper that never uses ike/marth would be ranked far above reo, ne?
3. no stealerating my word, I'm the only one allowed to use comedic swearwords... though do what you will with roc's name.
4. these guild affairs are quite annoying, does it even matter?

Betaz

Smash Ace
Blech I'm tired just got back from being able to finally play Brawl at a friends house! =D
mostly all FFA matches though even still...I won most of them...with Ike of course!
so what's this about rankings...don't feel like going through multiple pages :/

(btw sagemoon we're in the same state! can't wait to Brawl with you!)

reothepenguin

Smash Journeyman
Hey, Dont use me as an example enshoku. I'm not THAT bad. I could probably best most guys here. Well, I guess it was just an example so.............I'll 4give you. You did make a good point.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Wow, it's hard to believe the guild has only been open a little more than 2 weeks. @_@

Good job, guys. 8D

Enshoku

Smash Lord
in a box of fading memories, and everlasting knowl
Hey, Dont use me as an example enshoku. I'm not THAT bad. I could probably best most guys here. Well, I guess it was just an example so.............I'll 4give you. You did make a good point.
you and zar were the only ones on at the moment, and you seem very motivated, so I worst case scenario'd you... sorry :ohwell:

Hehe, wow, I'm surprised he didn't use me. >_> I do agree with him, though.
it's ok torchy, I'll flamebait you next time, okay?

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
Ahhh, finally back to a compy. ^^

I like the discussion that been going on these boards. Its been very promising, everyone with the game is trying to inform the rest of us as much as they can, and much of the info is actually USEFUL.

Hopefully this forum can help Ike not get Roy's reputation. =P

Top Bottom