• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Join the [Deus de Animus] Guild; a guild for Ike players!

Torchik

Smash Ace
Shoki, who's the flamer?! I know that ama guy is a flamer, is that who you're talking about? And thanks for the HELP you guys. ama is totally owning me in the "Moderators, get on your job" thread. A little back up would be nice! I don't like debating, but he's soooo annoying, I had to start it.

Enshoku

Smash Lord
in a box of fading memories, and everlasting knowl
Shoki, who's the flamer?! I know that ama guy is a flamer, is that who you're talking about? And thanks for the HELP you guys. ama is totally owning me in the "Moderators, get on your job" thread. A little back up would be nice! I don't like debating, but he's soooo annoying, I had to start it.
10 points for ama, correct answer! He's been making fun of people who dn't have a girlfriend for valentine's day... that's sad T.T

reothepenguin

Smash Journeyman
So many new members. Our guild is getting HUGE!!!!! This is awsome. I'll bet we've got the biggest Ike guild in the world.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Nope, it is not; if that is your only inhibition to join, then welcome to the Deus de Animus. 8D

I'd like to recommend another hearty welcome to Oxega.

Please check out our boards at http://www.antiexist.com/phpBB3

Fe Lords

Smash Cadet
Hey Zar can the tourney be all char. not an ike and nonike, but just a regular tourney instead of a division of ike and non ike

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
The Great Aether Open? No, that one will be using the Ike/Non-Ike bracket. I want to pit the best Ike against the best non-Ike. But we'll be having any character tournaments in the future.

Fe Lords

Smash Cadet
Ok but it'll be hard to choose between using ike or marth and wolf also if I am in the non ike bracket can I alternatively switch between my characters instead of choosing one only

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Sorry, one character will have to be selected for the entire tournament. xD

This is to eliminate counter-picking characters.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Then that person wins. =)

Most likely we'll have at least 64 players though, so we shouldn't encounter that problem.

I should post about the tournament on here...

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Everyone, that's why it's called the Great Aether Open tournament. =)

I'll post details soon.

DMStudios

Smash Journeyman
I will definitely join the Great Aether tourney! It is online, right? Hopefully by then I will have gotten a Wii-Lan adapter for better connection online.

reothepenguin

Smash Journeyman
Wait zar, is this tourny gonna decide our ranks in the guild? Cause that wouldn't really work with not guild players would it?

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
The Great Aether Open tournament is separate from the Guild-Exclusive Rank Tournament. The Guild-Exclusive Rank Tournament will be Ike-only.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Not sure, but it'll probably be before the Great Aether Open. I might make the Guild-Exclusive a week after Brawl comes out, and the Great Aether a week after that.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
We're doing it this way so that the first ranks are a measure of Ike talent. Then to ascend the ranks, one must prove that talent outperforms skill. It's mindgames, son, haha. But don't worry, everyone will have the same 168 hours of practice; how much of that you use will be key.

And welcome, Royinator. 8D

Enshoku

Smash Lord
in a box of fading memories, and everlasting knowl
We're doing it this way so that the first ranks are a measure of Ike talent. Then to ascend the ranks, one must prove that talent outperforms skill. It's mindgames, son, haha. But don't worry, everyone will have the same 168 hours of practice; how much of that you use will be key.

And welcome, Royinator. 8D
ranking someone purely by skill seems wrong. What if they are pure asshats but are excellent or play like Isai and would be ranked low. Also, everyone pretty much has a skill cap that once you reach, you won't get much better.

Kiederen

Smash Cadet
It's amazing that this thread's grown to 46 pages since the beginning of February. A testament to the glory that is Ike. Count me in. I'm from Collegeville, PA. (near King of Prussia)

Top Bottom