• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

join A commen brawl tournament 01/21/10

BLI7ZARD

Smash Apprentice
I decided to make a brawl tournament, for the first round you're able to pick any stages and items will be on for the first round, please don't complain, because I mean it won't kill you to play with items once in your life, for the semifinal, everyone will vote if they want the items on or off, just leave a comment say "Items off for the semifinal" and when the tournament starts then we'll decide, if no one votes, then the ones that made it to the semifinal, gets to choose, and if both of them are different, then I have an idea to settle it.... (Which I hope it won't have to lead to it) and as for the finals the items will be off. So see it's 50/50...well sotra, it depends on the votes for semifinal, but at least those that loves items will get a chance to use items (and can be an advantage for the New comers, meaning new players), and the finals there won't be items, so it's like saving the best for last.
Time: 7:30 (EC) 6:30 (Central) 5:30 {Mountain} 4:30 {Pacific}
Please meet in chat 1 if it's taken, then 2. Also if you have any questions or concerns, please send me a message.

RULES
Chain grab, and glitches, cheating stages, will be premitted ONLY for the first round, However only glitches can be premitted in the semifinal, and in the final, there all ban.
You can use battle field in semifinal and ONLY in semifinal, which means you can't choose it in the first round, or final.

You may use *FD (Final Destination) ONLY in the finals, which means you can't use it in first round, or semi

All characters are premitted, however, if you win them, then you will have to choose the same character when advancing so that means if you won that round, you must choose the same character in the semi, but when you reach to the finals, you have the opition to change your character.

Also, if any frezzing, or character dispearing, or anything that interups the match, it will be up to your opponent, to chose, he/she will decide to call a rematch or call it forfeit, and the opponent wins, so lets just hope that person will be paient enough to redo the match.

It's double elimination

2/3 (First round, semifinal}

3/5 (Finals)

Also! If you made any mistake, just kill yourself, and private message your opponent, the reason you did so

****There will be no cpus, so don't worry

I'm also adding barcket! Which means you'll get a second chance to make it to the finals

All stages will be allowed, except! Battle Field and *FD

I almost forgot! About Stock and time

First rounds: 4 stocks 8 min*

Semifinal: 3 stocks, 5 minutes

Final: 2 stocks, 2 minutes

If anymore rules occurs, I'll put them down, so anyways, I hope you can make it, and hope the best man, or women win! And remember, have fun http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=8612

JERK.ownz.you

Smash Apprentice
notice how no one wants to play in your **** tourney?
its cuz you have items and stages at any... NOOB!

HQ5

Smash Apprentice
^Er.. a little harsh, guys? Haha...

@BLI7ZARD: I can see what you were trying do with the "Items aren't banned" rule and agree to an extent that playing with items (for once) wouldn't kill you. It's just that this rule is more applicable to friendlies than tournaments, though.

If you're still up for holding a tourney, try modifying the rules to fit with the standard tourney expectations (found here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=230481 -- the rules here apply to online tournaments too), organizing the OP to look a little cleaner, and (like Paladin77 mentioned above) using spell/grammar check.

Good luck! :)

Top Bottom