• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Johns and the Johning Johners who John Them!

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
The Memphis Brawlers bring you the 3rd installment of Memphis Smashing Action in:

Johns and the Johning Johners who John Them

This will be the hat trick to our tournament series here in Memphis, TN! I expect everyone to be ready to rock out! (No Johns Allowed) It's going to be an awesome event!
As has become the usual, there is no entry fee for this event, and such there will be no cash pot. We believe in a strong Smashing community without using money!

3472 Plaza Avenue
Memphis, TN 38111

Date:
Saturday: January 22, 2011

Schedule:
9:00 - 10:30 AM: Melee Check-in
11 AM: Begin Melee Tournament

11:30 AM - 12:30 PM: SSB64 Check-in
1 PM: Start SSB64 Tournament

3:00 - 4:30 PM: Brawl Check-in
5 PM: Begin Brawl Tournament

While showing up at the tournament without prior notice is fine, I'd prefer it if I could get a head count, so... please send an email to vuebrawler@gmail.com and let me know if you will be playing in one or both tournaments.

Memphis Brawlers Website

SETUPS!
As always, WE NEED SETUPS! If you can bring a setup, please let me know via PM or on the forum here!

Melee (GC):
1. VueBrawler
2. Tetsujin
3. SumDude
4. Winnar
5. Winnar
6. IHSB

Brawl (Wii):
1. VueBrawler
2. Tetsujin
3. Talon
4. Winnar
5. Winnar

SSB64 (N64)
1. VueBrawler

TV:
1. Projector
2. VueBrawler
3. VueBrawler
4. VueBrawler
5. Tetsujin
6. Talon
7. Winnar
8. Winnar
9. IHSB

Brawl Rules:

-3 stock.
-8 minutes.
-Items are turned to off and none.
-Controllers with turbo, or any kind of software that will change the gameplay are PROHIBITED.
-All non-finals and semi-finals matches are best of three.
-Consolation finals matches (3rd and 5th place matches) are best of 5.
-Final Championship match is best of 7
-Controller ports are determined by Rock-Paper-Scissors if there is a dispute.
-If time runs out, the winner is determined by stock, and then by percent.
-All persons are responsible for their own control scheme and must make sure it is set before the match begins.
-Any action that prevents the game from continuing results in a forfeiture of the match for the offender.
-Meta Knight's Infinite Dimensional Cape is banned.
-If a game ends with Bowser or Ganondorf using a Sacrificial KO (with Flying -Slam or Flame Choke respectively) and the game is tied, then any Sudden -Death is ignored and the game goes to a 1-stock, 3-minute overtime match.
-Stalling is banned. (Stalling is defined as any action that deliberately avoids all conflict as to make the game unplayable. Running from an opponent to get to a better position is not considered stalling, but using chain grabs infinitely against a wall (excessively beyond around 300%) or using Sonic's Neutral B repeatedly underneath the stage is.)
-Both players choose their characters for the first game. A double blind pick may be requested by either player.

Match Procedures:
-The first stage of a match is selected randomly.
-The winner bans a counterpick stage
-The loser of the first game announces the stage that s/he will counter-pick.
-The winner of the previous game chooses his/her character.
-The loser of the previous game chooses his/her character.
-Repeat previous steps for successive matches.

MAPS:

Neutral:
-Smashville
-Final Destination
-Battlefield
-Yoshi's Island

Counterpick:
-Brinstar
-Delfino Plaza
-Frigate Orpheon
-Lylat Cruise
-Pokemon Stadium
-Pokemon Stadium 2
-Rainbow Cruise

Banned:
-Everything else

Melee Rules:

-Items are set to off.
-Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes respectively.
-Regular sets are best of 3 matches.
-The Tournament Host is the arbiter of all disputes.
-Ice Climber's Wobble is banned.
-Blind Picks: the first character selection of a set must be without prior knowledge of the opponent's character selection for both players.
-Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she has previously won on unless agreed upon by both players.
-Gentleman's clause: any stage may be played on so long as both players and the Tournament Host agree to it, including banned stages. This can be used in tandem with the Modified Dave's Stupid Rule (MDSR).
-Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, the match will go to a 2-stock, 4-minute tiebreaker match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.

Match Procedures:
-The first stage of a match is selected randomly.

MAPS:

Neutral:
-Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
-Past Stages: Dream Land
-Special Stages: Final Destination
-Special Stages: Battlefield
-Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counterpick:
-Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
-Planet Zebes: Brinstar
-Past Stages: Kongo Jungle
-Pokefloats
-Mute City
-Rainbow Cruise

Banned:
Everything Else

**Melee rules subject to change

SSB64:
-5 Stock.
-Items off and set to none.
-The tournament host is the arbiter of all disputes.
-Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she has previously won on unless agreed upon by both players.
-Gentleman's clause: any stage may be played on so long as both players and the Tournament Host agree to it, including banned stages. This can be used in tandem with the Modified Dave's Stupid Rule (MDSR).
-Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, the match will go to a 1-stock tie-breaker. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.

Match Procedures:
-The first stage of a match is Hyrule Temple unless the players can agree on another stage.

MAPS:

Peach's Castle
Hyrule Temple
Dreamland
Saffron City
Congo Jungle

Attending:
Talon of the Quick Step
Shoujo
Tetsujin
Jester of the Swift Sight
Tatsumaki of the Blazing Soul
Thriller of the Iron Lotus
OD
J-Bar
JodoDragon
Amaru
49erFreak
Iron Lotus
Wolfe
Tasty
ZZZ
Cyner
IHaveSpaceBalls
Warpd
Twinky
Iori
JetA
Bai Long
B
Winnar
RJ
Sudomaru
Myztek
Eight
Ghost
DarkWing

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
Johns!! Because I wasn't added to the list for tv set up and brawl. I also John at making first post. :)

crawlshots

Smash Apprentice
Still Happening. These threads are never, ever active for me lol. But we have like 40-60 people show up so I don't complain. :bee:
Good deal! I'll have to see if I can make it to this... I have to drive 13 hours soon and this tourney would be a perfect midway stopping point.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Hey uh...memphis

want to house me the night before this? Maybe Jeff and potentially 1 or 2 others as well

(but mainly me)

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Hey uh...memphis

want to house me the night before this? Maybe Jeff and potentially 1 or 2 others as well

(but mainly me)
I personally can't house anyone, but I'll ask around and see if that's possible. But it's only a 3 hour drive dude. I woke up at 4 AM to get to your tourney loll. No excuses ;)

Anyone passing through Nashville to this? Looking for rides if possible ^_^.
\
I don't know if anyone is passing through nashville. I don't know if we garner that much attention.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Cool deal, well if you need housing I'll try to find you some. I hope to see you here! I'm not a melee player but the ones around here are pretty darn good.

crawlshots

Smash Apprentice
Cool deal, well if you need housing I'll try to find you some. I hope to see you here! I'm not a melee player but the ones around here are pretty darn good.
Yeah, I've played spaceballs, he's nuts. :p

What would the housing be like? That would be awesome but I admit I'm a little hesitant about it since I don't know anybody... but then again smashers are pretty awesome when it comes to housing.

Sadly I literally won't know if I can make it to this or not til like Thurs evening but I'll try to let ya know. And thanks for being so welcoming!

crawlshots

Smash Apprentice
ok, I am coming to this thing! What are the housing options? And would they be for Friday or Sat night? I'll probably get to memphis at about 10 pm Friday night.

I'm going ahead and getting a hotel room in case I don't hear back or there aren't any other options.

hype.....

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
ok, I am coming to this thing! What are the housing options? And would they be for Friday or Sat night? I'll probably get to memphis at about 10 pm Friday night.

I'm going ahead and getting a hotel room in case I don't hear back or there aren't any other options.

hype.....
Get a hotel room just in case. I'm going to check around.

EDIT: My buddy Talon says he can house ya. He's a cool cat. Best Fox Brawler in Memphis. I'll send ya his info.

Top Bottom