• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Jigglypuff Social Thread (read first post!)

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
Question: What's the best way to practice spacing my aerials better? I'm really bad for getting grabbed because I get too close. Should I just go in training mode? My only issue with practising there is that I'm not sure if trying to space against a CPU that hardly moves if at all will really help with my spacing against real people.

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
I'd head to training mode first and take a few whacks until you're ready, then set the cpu to attack and try it that way. If you're still not confident in your spacing abilities, head into FG or try a friend and see how you do.

Last edited:

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Yo guys, I just wanted to do this flashback post in order for us to remember the wonderful time we got since the (inevitable) reveal of the Puff in smash 4.

Let's never forget the hype that we got from seeing the fresh new render as well as the hype stuff Jiggs brought us on the very first days of smash 4.

While it was amusing to assume Jiggs as the cold-blooded killer in past itterations, Sm4sh Jiggs can't help but to show it's fabulous side as well.

Remember that time when people totally gasmed about how Puff was considered to be amazing in this game?

Remember that time on the 3DS, when Jiggs used to be a secret character, this was the theme that was playing while you were out there trying to unlock this wonderful character?

K, Im done now.

Last edited:

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
We had a small round robin at our weekly this week. I won a few games as Jiggs! I still need to improve my spacing as her but I'm clearly improving.

NathanaelS626

Smash Rookie
I heard Jiggz got buffed in the newest patch. Are there any changelists out there?
Unfortunately no, it is all based on perception by those who know the characters well for the time-being. I like having to find the changes for myself though, as in a way it makes it more fun. Maybe that's just me though.

Bonren

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bonren
3DS FC
1564-2345-5130
I've been running thru a lot of stuff with Jiggs and it's safe to say that shes been pretty much untouched.

Last edited:

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
Shame, really. If anyone deserves to be brought up a tier, it's the underrated bubblegum demon of epicness. I'd like a few IASA frames on Uair, myself, coupled with a little less scaling knockback. Rest setups in midair, yo :p

(Somewhat unrelated, but I feel that they at least got Jigglypuff down perfectly in Super Smash Flash 2. Considering how reliant we are on our ability to combo or at least string attacks together, it makes sense that we should have the greatest ability to do just that. If they end up nerfing her, I hope they leave that intact....make her die in one hit for all I care, but leave her combo game alone.)

Comet Shrine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurinPro
3DS FC
3539-8838-3028
Played with a friend, mostly played purin, won every time.
Also managed to rest them off stage on their last stock multiple times.

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
One thing that I dislike about rest is that it's dependent on whether or not the move star/screen kills. It kinda sucks when they drop down immediately and even the stocks, so if they could do something to make it always do a star/screen kill animation that'd help a little.

Dapplegonger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetX-tremist
3DS FC
5129-1289-1208
Yeah, I thought Sakurai said it would only blast KO in the last few seconds of the match/on last stock, not seemingly randomly like it is now.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I'm jealous

Where'd the big one come from?

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
Am I the only one who thinks the jiggs amiibo is kind of ugly?

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Me and a buddy of mine had a set of 10 Jiggles dittos last night. Whoever won the most would be the official Best Jiggler in the Universe Forever.

I won.

Bow down to your new leader!

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
they are not for sale, I would not sell my kids

ianmonroe

Smash Rookie
NNID
ianmonroe
Hi guys, I've been lurking for like 5 months because I was too lazy to log in, but I'm a Jiggs main and I wanna get more involved

Also, I feel bad because I didn't know what the up air -> rest combo everyone talks about was until I saw that super old GIMR video again.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Hi guys, I've been lurking for like 5 months because I was too lazy to log in, but I'm a Jiggs main and I wanna get more involved

Also, I feel bad because I didn't know what the up air -> rest combo everyone talks about was until I saw that super old GIMR video again.
WELCOME!!!! :D

Ishimaru

Smash Rookie
Hello fellow Jigglyfolk,
Like ianmonroe just now I've been lurking for about half a year since picking up Jiggs as my Smash 4 main.
I just went to my first tourney today and I gotta say, rep-ing Puff is super satisfying even if the results are sometimes lacklustre.
Regardless, I now see how much more I have to train to get better... and here I am to do just that.

tl;dr Nice to meet y'all. Let's take Jiggs to the next level!!

Hoejja

Smash Apprentice

that's the spirit, but don't forget it's only true at very low percents :)

ianmonroe

Smash Rookie
NNID
ianmonroe
Hello fellow Jigglyfolk,
Like ianmonroe just now I've been lurking for about half a year since picking up Jiggs as my Smash 4 main.
I just went to my first tourney today and I gotta say, rep-ing Puff is super satisfying even if the results are sometimes lacklustre.
Regardless, I now see how much more I have to train to get better... and here I am to do just that.
tl;dr Nice to meet y'all. Let's take Jiggs to the next level!!
Oh man I went to my first tournament last month with her, it's great! People were always really happy to see a Jiggs play, since I don't think there are many Puffy mains in my area, and even though I didn't get far, I felt like I really improved :)

Edit: And yeah, I want to start going to more tournaments and trying out Anther's and just getting better! I really want to contribute to these forums.

Last edited:

Ishimaru

Smash Rookie
There was a Ness player at the tournament I went to that was tearing everybody to pieces pretty handily. Do we even have options against Ness?
I feel like his aerial mobility is obnoxiously good and I can't get in on his Fair, random Nairs and second jump U-Air.
Relatedly; what's the correct answer to getting caught in PK fire. My instinct was to shield which lead to Grab->Forward Throw->Fair->Fair->-Uair. :|
Is it just DI?

(If this belongs in the Match-up Thread, please let me know.)

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
His fair beats us in range but not frame advantage, while his nair has frame advantage but our fair can probably hit through it with proper spacing. I don't think that his aerials are hands-down better, but Ness for sure has the aerial momentum to keep up with us.

You can often SDI out of PK Fire because we're so light (as long as you aren't super stuck), but if you're grounded and can manage to shield, spotdodge is probably the best, I think? It's often for a grab opening, so the aim is to dodge and have him move past you (which a roll would fail at), or maybe (maybe) a Rest opportunity (which would be immediately canceled by fire). I should test this.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Also, often times Ness tries to fair you when you're grounded, if you can shield, then drop it, you can do a jab-rest combo on him. He can almost die to it on normal stages, and on the lower ledges of battlefield, ledges of T and C, Delfino, and Halberd, it kills around 49%

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Oh yeah, I've finally done it, I started maining Puff in 64 and using Puff for the MK matchup in Brawl, meaning she's my main or co-main in every smash

now time to actually be good

Top Bottom