• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Jigglypuff Social Thread (read first post!)

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Because this one person would affect his decision.

Well another brace-face nerdy looking B***h just asked for Chimchar (horrible starter pokemon) to replace the High Priestess Fairy known as Jigglypuff. We all need to show support and let Sakurai know Smash fans do want all veterans back. Including Jiggs!

I really hate how the haters have such big mouths and think they speak for all fans.

CalumG

Smash Lord
As for why this is here, I am not the one who brought up that there would be roster cuts. Which directly leads to a discussion of roster size. Which pretty much squarely puts the size in terms of melee - brawl on a gradient(more than the first, less than the second). And since several non-melee characters were already confirmed(mega, villager, etc), the wiggleroom is little. So yes, if Sakurai is to be at all believed, that is going to be VERY close to the roster we get. All there's room for on a roster to fit the 3DS is melee + 'sprinkles'.
Sakurai never said the roster would be smaller than Brawl. And for that matter, the 3DS could fit a sizable roster - 60+ characters if they wanted to, though that would be overkill in every sense of the word and the game would be poorly balanced. Sometimes it concerns me how little people seem to pay attention to Smash and games in general from the development side of things, because honestly characters are some of the assets that take up the least space on the disk. If you want to talk about 'wiggle room', first things to get the chop would be the ludicrous amounts of music and Subspace Emmisary/cutscenes that Brawl had, since between those things alone they managed to take up a sizable portion of Brawls disk.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Well another brace-face nerdy looking B***h just asked to for Chimchar (horrible starter pokemon) to replace the High Priestess Fairy known as Jigglypuff. We all need to show support and let Sakurai know Smash fans do want all veterans back. Including Jiggs!

I really hate how the haters have such big mouths and think they speak for all fans.
I didn't understand what you're trying to say here.

Avelez611

Smash Rookie
I think it would be cool if they somehow incorporated hyper voice into her move set and also change her pound attack into double slap so she can hit multiple times and I agree with the other people who say her sing attack should be a musical note or something with more range and I agree her rest attack should he buffed greatly

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
get rid of sing. its useless.
giver her an actual recovery move.
make rest have a slightly larger hitbox.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Getting rid of Sing would be blasphemy. It's her most iconic move! Granted, you are correct about it being useless.
She doesn't need a 'real' recovery move to be honest. Pound does the job from the side and her multiple jumps should be enough to get back on the stage from the bottom. Heck, if you are suicidal, you can even use Rollout as a recovery move...

Rest just needs to go back to it's Melee glory.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
pound and rollout are good horizontal recoveries, but when you run out of jumps, a vertical recovery would be nice to have. like kirby and d3 both fly but have a vertical recovery,

lint789

Smash Cadet
So Jiggles is a Fairy Type. I foresee an addition of pink sparkles to some of her moves or perhaps completely new moves entirely.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Remember when all the kids called Jigglypuff gay back in the day?

Well, ****...

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
I don't see why people hate Jiggs either she was a good character :D and her final smash is just ridiculously funny xD I'm good at her plus I don't see Sakurai ever cutting the originals so Jiggs has to stay since she's popular in Japan!

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Remember when all the kids called Jigglypuff gay back in the day?

Well, ****...

I blame the parents. They purposely raise their kids to be misogynist and homophobes. Boys are made by others to hate on anything pink and girly.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I blame the parents. They purposely raise their kids to be misogynist and homophobes. Boys are made by others to hate on anything pink and girly.
Not everyone was brought up that way. Jigglypuff was my favorite pokemon way back when. Also fairy pokemon look pretty powerful and aren't all sparkles and magic.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
It just depends on how old you are and where you were brought up

I remember being in Germany and everyone loved pokemon and then I moved to America and everyone was going through their "I'm too mature for pokemon, pokemon is gay!" phase

And everyone who played smash bros like literally thought puff and peach were trash in melee just because they're "girly"

SPEAKING OF WHICH: It drives me absolutely crazy that they replaced Peach's badass melee animations with hearts and whatnot. I fear this happening to puff in smash 4, having glitter and sparkles instead of fiery/explosive instakill rests :(

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
It just depends on how old you are and where you were brought up

I remember being in Germany and everyone loved pokemon and then I moved to America and everyone was going through their "I'm too mature for pokemon, pokemon is gay!" phase

And everyone who played smash bros like literally thought puff and peach were trash in melee just because they're "girly"

SPEAKING OF WHICH: It drives me absolutely crazy that they replaced Peach's badass melee animations with hearts and whatnot. I fear this happening to puff in smash 4, having glitter and sparkles instead of fiery/explosive instakill rests :(
they already replaced it with a flower in Brawl, so....yeah.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
oh god I didn't even think about that ;-;
Well with this new art direction who knows- the visual effects look much different this time around- even characters attacks are visually different like luigis fireball and stuff look different.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Not everyone was brought up that way. Jigglypuff was my favorite pokemon way back when. Also fairy pokemon look pretty powerful and aren't all sparkles and magic.

well most boys in the US were brought up that way. There are many media messages out there that encourage men to be emotionally numb, beat up gay men, and degrade women. Just cause its the "manly" thing to do. All of this is in the gaming community and is 9x worse than normal. Its disgusting.

I remember going to Gamestop and a boy wanted to buy Super Princess Peach but his dad said it was a "girl's game". I so badly wanted to pepper spray his a**.

The reason boys assume characters like Jigglypuff are weak is because they think girls are weak and being feminine is a sign of weakness. This is why i pick characters like Jigglypuff and Peach. To shut them up and their f***ing lame a** "go in the kitchen and cook something" jokes.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
well most boys in the US were brought up that way. There are many media messages out there that encourage men to be emotionally numb, beat up gay men, and degrade women. Just cause its the "manly" thing to do. All of this is in the gaming community and is 9x worse than normal. Its disgusting.

I remember going to Gamestop and a boy wanted to buy Super Princess Peach but his dad said it was a "girl's game". I so badly wanted to pepper spray his ***.

The reason boys assume characters like Jigglypuff are weak is because they think girls are weak and being feminine is a sign of weakness. This is why i pick characters like Jigglypuff and Peach. To shut them up and their ****ing lame *** "go in the kitchen and cook something" jokes.
I can't use Jigglypuff very well but I know she packs a punch. A lot of people talk about feminism and how women need to be more powerful and equal but at the same time males need to stop having to comply with social pressures to be tough, emotionless bricks who will only be worth as many women that they get laid by and how muscular/rich/powerful he is. Oh and gay shaming/homophobia is disgusting as well. I wish people were just flat out kinder and humanitarians. Anyways I hate how people dub anything non realistic and non violent a 'girls game' games can be played by anyone who likes them female, male, gender non conforming, old, young, blind, deaf, etc.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
I can't use Jigglypuff very well but I know she packs a punch. A lot of people talk about feminism and how women need to be more powerful and equal but at the same time males need to stop having to comply with social pressures to be tough, emotionless bricks who will only be worth as many women that they get laid by and how muscular/rich/powerful he is. Oh and gay shaming/homophobia is disgusting as well. I wish people were just flat out kinder and humanitarians. Anyways I hate how people dub anything non realistic and non violent a 'girls game' games can be played by anyone who likes them female, male, gender non conforming, old, young, blind, deaf, etc.

I agree! I think society in general needs to move forward from this backwards thinking.

I like how in smash, none of the females are in skimpy outfits like most games. They're all covered just like the men are.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I feel like they should replace rollout for a new fairy move and make sing actually useful (aka increase range of sleep and the duration of how long the opponent sleeps) her singing is iconic of the pokemon so I doubt they would remove it.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
I feel like they should replace rollout for a new fairy move and make sing actually useful (aka increase range of sleep and the duration of how long the opponent sleeps) her singing is iconic of the pokemon so I doubt they would remove it.
replace one of her taunts with sing. Problem solved. Its more useful as a taunt anyways.

Street Fighter is pretty good about that too

This idea also reminds me of what the US does to Kirby...
oh kirby. why so angry?

MagnesD3

Smash Master
replace one of her taunts with sing. Problem solved. Its more useful as a taunt anyways.

oh kirby. why so angry?
thats an option as well, id be for it if they give her a new useful fairy move. (the taunt should put them to sleep similar to now since its so bad it wouldn't help often but at least it could be an option, its kinda similar to the luigi down taught having an effect.)

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
replacing sing as a taunt would totally be awesome. peach already does it (minus any effect)
and that would give jiggly an actual recovery.

Cheesedork

Smash Apprentice
It would be cool if they combined Rest's and Sing's properties and made Sing Jiggly's down B.
That would keep the iconic move, but make it useful (assuming it's more like Melee's Rest than Brawl's).
Also leaves room for new Fairy type recovery up B.

milligraham

Smash Apprentice
Jigglypuff without a doubt needs to be restored back to their melee glory. Brawl ruined puff.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Rest was so powerful,but it's weird attack ,i personally prefer that rest can be replaced with other attack (a fairy one,like moonblast,with the same power of rest) :jigglypuffmelee: :039:

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
Honestly, If Jiggz gets cut I might as well not call it Smash Bros. anymore :/ it's not Smash Bros. without the original 12 and people who hate Jiggz obviously don't see how epic she is........and yes I'M LOOKING AT YOU SHOFU >:O

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Jigglypuff has to stay, but with moveset changes.

B: Sing

Side B: Rollout

Up B: Fairy Move

Down B: Rest

You can see that I want most of her moves to stay, just get mixed up a little bit. I think this would be the best option for a new Jiggs.

Capain Puff

Smash Cadet
I'm sure that Jigglypuff will return, but maybe his moveset is going to be a little different this time. And of course I hope they make him much better than in Brawl.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
I think Puff will make it back, and since he/she is a Fairy type now. I suspect her moves to change, especially Down-B/Rest. Personally, I think rest should have more knockback than in Brawl but less than in Melee. A half way point, Killing at about 20-30% (Lightweights-Heavyweights) would suffice. That, along with Sing sending out notes as projectiles would be all I would change to him/her.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I think Puff will make it back, and since he/she is a Fairy type now. I suspect her moves to change, especially Down-B/Rest. Personally, I think rest should have more knockback than in Brawl but less than in Melee. A half way point, Killing at about 20-30% (Lightweights-Heavyweights) would suffice. That, along with Sing sending out notes as projectiles would be all I would change to him/her.
Personally I think that rest needs to be replaced with a fairy move,people only like rest because it's powerful,but,rest make no sense...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
With Luigi and Toon Link begin announced early I wouldn't be surprised if Jigglypuff is the one to tie into the X/Y release. And I'd also take cover from the tide of rage froth from the Pokemon Trainer and Mewtwo bases.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
With Luigi and Toon Link begin announced early I wouldn't be surprised if Jigglypuff is the one to tie into the X/Y release. And I'd also take cover from the tide of rage froth from the Pokemon Trainer and Mewtwo bases.
I've had a guess since Luigi's reveal that they'd pull a reverse Melee and have Luigi and Jigglypuff as starters and make Ness and C. Falcon as unlockables. Still betting on Pokémon Trainer, but wouldn't be too surprised if it's Jiggs.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Special move changes input...

standard - Pound: Same as before, but returns to being a standard special move.

side - Gyro Ball: Jigglypuff rolls forward at a high speed, dealing damage to any targets, and unlike Rollout, this move is not affected by gravity. If Jigglypuff rams into anyone with this move, it'll bounce off the target, and be able to reuse the attack again. However, if Jigglypuff doesn't hit anything, it'll enter a helpless state.

up - Sing / Hyper Voice: If Jigglypuff's current damage is less than 100%, it'll use Sing in an attempt to put nearby opponents to sleep. However, if its current damage is 100%+, it'll instead use Hyper Voice, which will damage nearby opponents instead.

down - Captivate: Jigglypuff charms a nearby target, which reduces the target's offense to 0.75x its original value. However, the effects only last for 15 seconds.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I don't know about the rest of you, but I've found Pound to be quite useful in some situations. I personally think Pound should be kept.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Pound can be useful to kind of trick your opponent by suddenly changing direction or suddenly stop your falling speed, but it's not good for much else. It can be replaced by something much better, but I wouldn't be sad if it stayed, I'd much rather see Rollout or Sing changed. Rest just needs a buff.

Btw, I really really want that green karate band from Melee back, Jigglypuff was never the same without it.

Top Bottom