• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Jigglypuff Social Thread (read first post!)

Shrimpchris

Smash Cadet
Returning for my semi-regular "being a ****ing showboat with my jigglypuff collection" post

Plushies (that back one is 2 feet tall)

Figurines/keychains/vinyl

Pokemon cards

Clothing

Not pictured: Matching pajama bottoms to white shirt, and JisuArt shirt that I ordered at smashcon and is on its way

Tote bag

Posters

Perler beads

Buttons

Papercraft

Magnets

of course my favourite puff that currently exists in my house is the 64 top player & best puff main YBOMBB, but he's not mine
Jesus ****ing Christ, I am super jelly of your Jigglystuff.

T

Trick or Treat

Returning for my semi-regular "being a ****ing showboat with my jigglypuff collection" post

Plushies (that back one is 2 feet tall)

Figurines/keychains/vinyl

Pokemon cards

Clothing

Not pictured: Matching pajama bottoms to white shirt, and JisuArt shirt that I ordered at smashcon and is on its way

Tote bag

Posters

Perler beads

Buttons

Papercraft

Magnets

of course my favourite puff that currently exists in my house is the 64 top player & best puff main YBOMBB, but he's not mine
This is amazing.

I need to get on this level.

T

Trick or Treat

Not reslly sure where to post this, as I'd rather not make a new thread.

But as a Puff main, does anyone have any tips for getting back into the zone with her?

I used to he really really good with her, but these past couple of days I seem to have gotten worse and worse each time I play. I'm not sure what it is.

I'm making mistakes that I never would have made before, I'm missing more Rests than I ever used to, and I just don't feel as "dominant" over some people as I used to. Instead of winning lots of matches I am losing most of them.

I seem to have lost my touch drastically and I don't know how to get it back.

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661

But as a Puff main, does anyone have any tips for getting back into the zone with her?

I used to he really really good with her, but these past couple of days I seem to have gotten worse and worse each time I play. I'm not sure what it is.

I'm making mistakes that I never would have made before, I'm missing more Rests than I ever used to, and I just don't feel as "dominant" over some people as I used to. Instead of winning lots of matches I am losing most of them.

This happened to me not too long ago, and unfortunately there isn't much to say than what you already heard. It's keep playing, or take a break, or don't worry about it and whatever. What I did was just keep playing and I got better. More specifically at tournament, becuase I wasn't getting any better through online matches. I also player people who seemed a little bit worse than me to remember my fundamentals, and I soon got better. I also set a goal in mind at that tourney, and played As much friendlies and talk as much about the game as I could with other players. Generally just actually having FUN with the game at a higher level. Online can be no fun, unless playing KOTH on stream is something you like or with other friends. And if you're not getting any better and it's not fun, take a short break.

T

Trick or Treat

This happened to me not too long ago, and unfortunately there isn't much to say than what you already heard. It's keep playing, or take a break, or don't worry about it and whatever. What I did was just keep playing and I got better. More specifically at tournament, becuase I wasn't getting any better through online matches. I also player people who seemed a little bit worse than me to remember my fundamentals, and I soon got better. I also set a goal in mind at that tourney, and played As much friendlies and talk as much about the game as I could with other players. Generally just actually having FUN with the game at a higher level. Online can be no fun, unless playing KOTH on stream is something you like or with other friends. And if you're not getting any better and it's not fun, take a short break.
As someone who is generallu more interested in just having fun with the game, I think I sort of lost that side of me lately. Once I realized how I was really good with Jigglypuff, I started to stop playing for the fun of it and played more and more just to beat people and try to be dominant in my circles and otherwise, like I once was.

I played better when I was playing to have fun, so I think you might he right. I will take a break, though.

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
I suggest a day or a two day break if you decide to take one. Sometimes, breaks don't work or do, so find out by a short sample. Also, when you're playing the game again, go in training mode or play a person IN person. Breaks don't work for all games. For me, they work very well for melee but not as well for smash 4, so don't freak out if they don't work! Let me know if these tips helped!

T

Trick or Treat

This social is pretty quiet, huh? I'm used to them being much busier.

I suggest a day or a two day break if you decide to take one. Sometimes, breaks don't work or do, so find out by a short sample. Also, when you're playing the game again, go in training mode or play a person IN person. Breaks don't work for all games. For me, they work very well for melee but not as well for smash 4, so don't freak out if they don't work! Let me know if these tips helped!
I'll probably take a little but longer than that. Like maybe almost a week. I need time to cool down from Smash Bros and "reset" in a way. I'm going to try, though.

Thank you for the help!!

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

This happened to me once, although not to the extent that you're having. When I was in my Jiggly Jam (or Puff Block), I lost my feel for the character and started sucking ass, to put it bluntly. I refused to drop the character, though. I took three steps. #1: I dropped some of the dead weight, meaning I dropped my unnecessary secondaries, Lucario, Mega Man, and Ike, that were taking away time that could be spent polishing my Jigglypuff. #2: I took a small break from Jigglypuff, to start fresh, so to speak, and gave my other characters some love. #3: When I went back to Jigglypuff, I started playing her more often than I usually would, to get the feel back. And just like that, I broke my Puff Block.

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
I remember having an issue like this a while back, when I felt like I wasn't really getting results with Puff. My response was to pick up Yoshi for a little while, explore what he could do and what he was like, and then return to Puff after some time. It took a bit of time to relearn her, but afterwards I found I was better with her than I was before...and now, I had a secondary as well.

I have NO clue if this works for other people the way it did for me, but it's something to think about.

T

Trick or Treat

This happened to me once, although not to the extent that you're having. When I was in my Jiggly Jam (or Puff Block), I lost my feel for the character and started sucking ***, to put it bluntly. I refused to drop the character, though. I took three steps. #1: I dropped some of the dead weight, meaning I dropped my unnecessary secondaries, Lucario, Mega Man, and Ike, that were taking away time that could be spent polishing my Jigglypuff. #2: I took a small break from Jigglypuff, to start fresh, so to speak, and gave my other characters some love. #3: When I went back to Jigglypuff, I started playing her more often than I usually would, to get the feel back. And just like that, I broke my Puff Block.
I think for me it might be the opposite. I did better with her the less I focused on using her more. I have about 7 characters that I can cycle between, but I have started to use her about 95% of the time and since I have done that, she has gotten worse.

I remember having an issue like this a while back, when I felt like I wasn't really getting results with Puff. My response was to pick up Yoshi for a little while, explore what he could do and what he was like, and then return to Puff after some time. It took a bit of time to relearn her, but afterwards I found I was better with her than I was before...and now, I had a secondary as well.

I have NO clue if this works for other people the way it did for me, but it's something to think about.
Well, considering Yoshi is one of my secondaries already, that works perfectly haha. Maybe I need a completely new character to try.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101

I got in that slump a week ago, but then I regained my love for puff. I started just abusing rest on for glory and tournament mode. The 0 to death with puff is amazing, and jumping into multihit moves with rest is an amazing option. Just go on for glory and do empty hops to either force them to shield and do light pressure, or for them to whiff. People often use multi hit moves to punish, and jumping into them with rest totally healed me, just like rest in the actual pokemon games. Start getting rest combos, it will heal you.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Esam made a thread about this sort of thing in the pikachu boards back in the brawl days. I might find it later.

While taking a break is one of the solutions, playing characters you haven't learned about yet is a good way to break through. You'd learn more about the character and its flaws over time.

For me, I just don't think about it and spend time playing competitive TF2.

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
EDIT: removed because I realized this was more appropriate for the meta game discussion thread.

Last edited:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I've settled on Puff as my secondary and I've gotten her to the point where I think she is just about tournament ready an I've got to say that she is absolutely exhausting to play. Given how patient you must be in the neutral in some matchups I could never play her continuously in bracket, not sure I could even manage her too close sets in a row.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Considering it has been about 1 year since Jiggs was confirmed for Smash 4, triumphing in the face of doubts and such, I decided to look back to some fond memories around that time concering Jiggs specifically (especially considering her return was one of the highlights of the leak being confirmed, along with the other veterans returning. I felt vindicated by R.O.B.'s return as I knew idiots were grossly exaggerating how at risk he was considering he was in the same situation as Mr. G&W was. Out of all the yet unconfirmed newcomers in that leak, the DHD was my favourite)Here are some great quotes.

Now that the leak has proven to be real we can rest assured Jigglypuff fans, Our favorite pink puffball is back in the game!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *screams at the top of my lungs*
Thankfully this puts an end to the Jigglypuff haters.
Pretty sure that Jiggs was the second-most popular Pokemon over in Japan at the time of her inclusion.

Regardless, meh, if detractors are going to continually be bothered by her inclusion, then by all means...meh. Stuff happens. There is nothing they can do about but complain and it certainly won't do anything to change her inclusion in this installment. They are powerless and all their hate and complaints meant nothing in the end. The fact that Sakurai ended up including her in this game says a lot about how much these people's opinions matter to him (read: absolutely nothing).

Long story short, it's party time for me as Jiggs is back in action.
I know that feel, bro. Mewtwo sucked in Melee. A lot of people wanted him cut and a lot of people were initially happy that he didn't come back in Bawl because he sucked.

Nowadays, people miss him. They realize what they had and wished they had it back. P:M probably helped, no doubt. I wish Mewtwo was back, and sure, I wish he was a bit better than he was in Melee (because come on, the most powerful Pokemon shouldn't be a pushover); however, even if Mewtwo came back and sucked yet again, I would still be so very happy, because he's my favorite Smash character. Just like yours is Jigglypuff. You would be crushed if Sakurai cut Jiggs. You hate it now when people say, "I wish Jigglypuff was gone," but you'd hate it even more when they'd say, "I'm glad Jigglypuff IS gone, she sucked anyway." That's how I felt when Mewtwo left.

I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I'm glad Jiggs is back. I hope Mewtwo makes it, too, but we'll see. In the end, I hardly blame Jiggs. If anything, any beef I have is with Sakurai himself. He chose the roster two years ago. He made time to get everyone in he wanted to get in. Any character that was low priority or too difficult got left out again. If Sakurai feels like Mewtwo is low priority or too much work to do properly, then that's his decision to make. I think I'd be pissed off at him, but so long as he's in charge, that's just how it is. I'm just glad that, for you guys, Sakurai rates Jigglypuff pretty highly. That's something to be happy about.

I hope I have something to be equally as happy about very soon.
Random fun fact: Jigglypuff is the only one of the original 12 to still be unlockable in all four Smash games. She can take this honor with pride.

QDSFHSRDTJGHDGHKEZSRIGHEHGER6IJHY
Just got to say, Jigglypuff looks and sounds even more adorable in this. I'm really liking the pallet/hat swaps she has.
Liking:
The new look
The hats
What looks like a buff
Not liking:
The new voice, It'll take a while to grow on me
The lack of sparkles and shines in her moves
So glad Jigglypuff is back and all the original 12.
Hello people I am here to say I am glad to see Jigglypuff back remember this:
  • Jigglypuff is getting cut it isn't relevant anymore!
  • Jigglypuff is cut it was low priority in Brawl!
  • LOL original 12 means NOTHING!
  • Nobody likes Jigglypuff, Mewtwo will take its place!
Yet Jigglypuff is back, I am glad about it, but this Jigglypuff getting cut will appear again in the next smash and guess what it will always come back
Jigglypuff's looking the best she's ever been in this Smash. I love all her little expressions, particularly the >( she makes with her Fsmash. <3
My god, Jigglypuff is so cute in this game. SO CUTE AND SQUISHY!
Yay for the jigglypuff buffs. And so cute as well! This is all so amazing! I just can't wait to play as her. She may not be my main, but my god I'd love to play her casually. <3
I still can't believe some people still think Smash Jigglypuff is male XD
I wanted a Sleep Talk variant for Rest. Would have been hilarious if you randomly attacked while asleep.

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
Heheh...funny how time flies, isn't it.

A year later, we're still toughing it out; plenty of people still hate and doubt us, and the top players all put us at the bottoms of their lists. But we don't care- for we are the survivors, the underdogs, the showboaters that've made it into every single smash game with a hop, a skip, and a jump. We are the ones that cannot be slept on, lest we sleep on you instead.

We.......

ARE PUFF NATION!!

And I most certainly am enjoying my stay.

Last edited:

Raiden mk-II

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4313-2377-1601
Here is something I made for Project M:

I modded Jigglypuff in PM to use her superior Smash 4 models. No more fish mouth.

She has her bowtie from Smash 64 and her green headband from Melee.

Her missing sound effects were utilized. Her medium damage and heavy damage voice clips come directly from the anime, given that Rachel Lillis voices Jiggs in both the Smash games and the anime. Her Sing and Final Smash voice clips were changed to those from the anime.

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
Here is something I made for Project M:

I modded Jigglypuff in PM to use her superior Smash 4 models. No more fish mouth.

She has her bowtie from Smash 64 and her green headband from Melee.

Her missing sound effects were utilized. Her medium damage and heavy damage voice clips come directly from the anime, given that Rachel Lillis voices Jiggs in both the Smash games and the anime. Her Sing and Final Smash voice clips were changed to those from the anime.
Wat

That final smash noise

It is from that of nightmares.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Why does a tier list still matter anyways? We're just put low on a tierlist because jigglypuff is not used much, nor are there players notable enough for that.

Man, I just want an MU Chart

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Man, I just want an MU Chart
Well, we're STILL debating on stuff in the MU thread.

But the question is, would we be able to get another opportunity to swap OP with someone else?

We've made one so far, and that didn't really helped.

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
Yeah, our MU thread is honestly kind of booty at the moment- we don't have anyone with enough experience there to give us a good handle on things aside from Reflex, who doesn't come around often.

Just keep in mind that in general, we have a much poorer matchup spread than other characters, but we also have fairly good MUs against most of the top tier (barring Luigi and Ness, and maybe a few others).

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
I plan on updating the MU thread this weekend, but the problem isn't really OP I think, we just don't have very many skilled players. Honestly, it might be better done in the Skype group lol.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
You mean that group where it's nothing but dumb talk and emoticons? I suggest you make a seperate group for serious discussions and enforce the rules there, lol.

Last edited:

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
Skype chat may not be structured in the slightest, but more intelligent talk still happens there than the vast majority of what we see at the MU thread. We have actual players of high skill who can and will give a relatively in-depth analysis of pretty much any matchup you could ask about, as opposed to the constant recycling of old arguements and points.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I plan on updating the MU thread this weekend, but the problem isn't really OP I think, we just don't have very many skilled players. Honestly, it might be better done in the Skype group lol.
We don't need skilled Jigglypuff players. We need skilled players of the other 55 characters. 53 if you want to count Dark Pit and Lucina as clones.

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
We don't need skilled Jigglypuff players. We need skilled players of the other 55 characters. 53 if you want to count Dark Pit and Lucina as clones.
Well they may not be the most reliable source since they probably haven't faced a very good Jigglypuff, and a skilled Jigglypuff player would be of much better input probably. I guess that could help out if we can't find any skilled Jigglypuff who has results to back up their claim of being good though.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I mostly read on what I didn't catch up on when I get on skype. I have not seen people talk about an MU since that one conversation at how bad we are when fighting against luigi.

Anything before that, I guess you have a good point. Still, the discussion will end up derailing to another topic and it'll take about 1000 posts to skip to look back what was said.

I was off Skype for almost 20 minutes and came back seeing 400+ posts made. Most of which was just random jazz.

Last edited:

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
But Jigglypuff IS bad against Luigi!

And after that, you scratch Luigi in order to apply characters names other than Luigi.

There you go.

Jiggs is bad against (almost) everyone.

"Next topic that should definitively be introduced in Skype:

Why Jigglypuff should be lower on the tier list"

Last edited:

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
Well they may not be the most reliable source since they probably haven't faced a very good Jigglypuff, and a skilled Jigglypuff player would be of much better input probably. I guess that could help out if we can't find any skilled Jigglypuff who has results to back up their claim of being good though.
Hear hear, a lot of players are quick to make assumptions about us and our ability to work through an MU. I distinctly remember an argument with a friend of mine who gave Puff having "bad combos" as a reason for us being a poor character, lol.

We aren't superb. Let's get that out there right now. However, I'd like to reiterate that we have pretty good matchups against most of the top tier (kinda like Brawl Wolf, and he's sitting at 14th on the current tier list)- most of the best players on Skype actually agreed that we have an advantage over Rosie, something that surprised me and I would like to know more concerning the reasoning behind this The only one who didn't was Serynder, who wasn't on at the time... while other than this our mu spread is pretty poor, we don't get absolutely shut down by anyone, either; we have the tools to take on even our absolute worst matchups and win, provided we play it well enough.

Last edited:
Top Bottom