• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Discussion

D

Deleted member

puff needs more love :3

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

well i guess this thread is dead. lol
i agree :c doesn't seem to be many puff mains around

what is the purpose of jigglypuff's teleport? is it basically just a taunt, or is there actually some real advantage to using it?

jigglesthepuff

Smash Apprentice
it's basically just a movement mixup. since it's really fast, it can catch people off guard and it always puts you in the air so you can follow up with an aerial

Uair

Banned via Warnings
it's basically just a movement mixup. since it's really fast, it can catch people off guard and it always puts you in the air so you can follow up with an aerial
You're suppose to do the nair like as soon as the teleport happens, you'll rise with it same with down B, up B makes you slide further tho because it has no air animation.

D

Deleted member

oh ok thanx! ^^

i have decided to main puff again along with yoshi! ^_^ although yoshi will always be my favorite. <3

jigglesthepuff

Smash Apprentice
jigglypuff now is just an ok character. she's bad in alot of areas but she has alot of good to cover it up. her weight is the main thing holding her back

D

Deleted member

jigglypuff now is just an ok character. she's bad in alot of areas but she has alot of good to cover it up. her weight is the main thing holding her back
no way, she's amazing. her dair is absolutely deadly, as it's very difficult to di out of. then she can simply just uptilt, uptilt, uptilt, rest. rip x_x

jigglesthepuff

Smash Apprentice
no way, she's amazing. her dair is absolutely deadly, as it's very difficult to di out of. then she can simply just uptilt, uptilt, uptilt, rest. rip x_x
characters like pikachu and fox f**k her up though. hovever, she dominates low tiers

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

characters like pikachu and fox f**k her up though. hovever, she dominates low tiers
more often then not, yes. but i disagree, i'd have to say mid to low tiers.

do you think jigglypuff has the advantage over yoshi?

jigglesthepuff

Smash Apprentice
jiggs has rest stuff but yoshi hits REALLY hard so it really just depends on who's the better player

D

Deleted member

Any "new" Jiggs combo?
I`ve found this F-air -> Grab -> F-throw -> Up Air -> Rest
Its a 0-deat on pika at DL, 0-3%
i'd like to know as well. i don't see many good jigglypuff combo videos around. :S

Uair

Banned via Warnings
i'd like to know as well. i don't see many good jigglypuff combo videos around. :S
No.... around 12%-25% you can fthrow to Uair to rest with Jiggly on pikachu, but you can di out the uairs if you have enough damage.

D

Deleted member

Jigglypuff video series is now complete! Along with Yoshi these were my favorite characters to do. Sad it has come to an end. But others on the way soon! Hope you enjoy :D

Ok so I've decided I am not only a yoshi main, but a jigglypuff main as well! :3 I wish they had the option on here to pick more then one main on here.

Great news! :D Because Jigglypuff is my main and I've had a lot of positive feedback on my first series with her, I have decided to make a second series! W00t! \^o^/

Dizzle

Smash Cadet
what is the purpose of jigglypuff's teleport? is it basically just a taunt, or is there actually some real advantage to using it?
It's a good movement option that allows you to get in your opponent's face quickly. Usually followed by nair, occasionally you'll see teleport into upsmash or teleport into rest. It's also good to get across Dream Land quickly when trying to edgeguard someone who got sent to the other side of the map, as in this video
https://youtu.be/S7p_Uy6N1e4?t=1952

What does jigglypuffs match up spread look like these days? Are they mostly debatable?
IMO: Pika, Fox, Samus, and Luigi are pretty bad for puff
DK is tough (in my limited experience in the matchup) but I don't know if it's as bad as the above or as not bad as the below three
Falcon, Yoshi, Kirby, and Mario are a little tough but do-able
Link and Ness aren't too bad for puff

vs Pika, pika favored. If pika manages to get certain moves (I think upsmash at low percent or upair, but I'm usually on the receiving end of combos so I don't remember other options) he can follow it up with a chain of upairs and essentially gets puff up to 60-70% or so pretty easily. Pika's BThrow kills puff on DL at like, 70% or something like that. I'd put it at 60-40 pika, that's just my experience with the mu.
vs Kirby, I think it's slightly favoring Kirby for better hitboxes/faster moves (I'm not 100% sure, maybe it's just my perception or I'm bad at approaching Kirby, but I feel like Kirby nair and bair come out faster than puff's nair or fair). Kirby dies pretty early with rest, but I'm always a little wary going off stage to edgeguard since like, one touch from kirby dair is probably death (or they just fastfall and dair you again)
vs Falcon, I think neutral is Falcon favored and it's kinda tough to touch him, but if puff gets a grab it should always be a stock.
vs Fox, tough matchup, fox combos puff pretty well and it's hard to approach between spacing bairs and lasers. like falcon, if you can get a grab on Fox then you should be able to take a stock with a rest combo, but if he's high enough percent it'll kill him quickly and you'll get punished on the respawn.
vs Yoshi, I find it's easiest to stay high and camp out the yoshi. I'm not too experienced in the matchup, but you definitely have to be careful about shieldbreak combos since shieldbreak = death
vs Mario, some of the bread and butter stuff doesn't work (grab->fthrow->uair comes to mind; seems like at most percents, mario is out of hitstun and can jump before puff can get high enough to uair him). It's a tough match between that and his better hitboxes (a mistake I keep making despite not knowing better - don't try to fastfall dair mario when you're at high percents, he's going to upsmash you and his 5head will kill you off the top), but I think playing campy would work. I'm not too experienced in this matchup
vs Samus, don't even pick Puff. You can probably find plenty of youtube videos of me vs Mr Sir getting destroyed by him every single time we've played this matchup since like, November or December 2015
vs DK, I don't have much experience with this matchup but I think maybe slightly DK favored? It's hard to approach since his grab range is massive, I think his uptilt might take priority over puff's aerials, and his bthrow kills at like 50% or something
vs Ness, I think this matchup is really good for puff. Stay high and try to aviod getting caught in a multiple dair->fthrow combo
vs Link, it's tough to approach if the link is good at walling puff out with projectiles, but if you can make contact you should be able to take a stock since he gets sent so far off stage he won't be able to recover starting at like, 50%
vs Luigi, Up+B kills puff at like, 30% around mid-top platform height on DL, down+B kills pretty early too IIRC but I don't recall exact percents. This matchup has the same issues as mario, some of your bread and butter combos don't work. Plus, if you go in for a rest, you also risk getting Up+b'd (happened to me vs shears in the MD vs VA crew battle IIRC X_X )

I don't think puff's dair is too hard to DI out of, at least not for good players. Plus, if they continue DIing away behind puff during the uptilts, puff will probably miss the rest since they'll be too far away to float over to

do you think jigglypuff has the advantage over yoshi?
in the puff v yoshi matchup or just in general?

D

Deleted member

The long awaited, second Jigglypuff series, is now here! \^o^/ I hope you enjoy watching, as much as I enjoyed making it! <3

Formed a Jigglypuff team in addition Yoshi! ^_^)/

Ælude

Smash Cadet
What is wangera doing that makes him so successful with the character?
Likely investing more time in the character for starters. Add in great fundamentals and impeccable spacing. Theres some things that are just understood and can't be taught. Keep in mind jpn also has a little bit of a different game and a different playstyle from na.

I also believe that people like wangera who almost invent their character have a huge advantage as they're being true while the majority will attempt cheap imitations.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've decided to not face Jigglypuff anymore either, for personal reasons.

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
What is wangera doing that makes him so successful with the character?
japan's overall playstyle is so effective partially because they are so reactive. it rewards their patience, and with puff, you NEED patience or you're gonna struggle. he's more than willing just to wait it all out and punish accordingly. he's making steps to reevaluate the way the character is considered and played, more along the lines of melee puff.

Top Bottom