• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff 1.1.4 Patch Changes!

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Just in case it happens, here is a thread to discuss it. Will update when patch drops.

EDIT: NOTHING CHANGED WOOPDIE DOO!!!!!!! :dddddddddddddddddd

Last edited:

PandaEffect

Smash Cadet
I feel like other mains that are considerably more solid chars but still bad are taking their no changes worse than us. Plus I think most of us expected nothing.

At least puff will always be cute.

Comet Shrine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurinPro
3DS FC
3539-8838-3028
gg no re

At least we have that one extra flower damage ^-^

SkippyJ

Smash Apprentice
I had a feeling. Me and my friend were training and playing serious best 2 out of 3 sets for 5 hours straight leading up to the patch. I played jiggs the entire time despite having changed mains month ago..

It seemed fitting. Like one last goodbye given to a dear old freind. It was a blast, just like it always has been, playing jiggs. Its sad to know now that she wont ever be touching any tournaments at my hands, but hey, at least me n her will always be able to style in friendlies :)

Mippy

Smash Rookie
I was expecting nothing and I'm still disappointed.

Last edited:

ReroRero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blackquill
That's really heartbreaking. I hope there is still a patch left

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster

IT'S BEEN A FUN 6 YEARS HERE AT BRAWL BUT WE OUT, SEE YOU ALL AT THE SMASH 4 BOARDS.

Unless you feel like playing a bottom tier character in a game hardly anyone will be playing for a long time.

RIP HOPES AND DREAMS, you ended up in the same damn place as you were 8 years ago. Goodbye sweet prince.

Kumashock

Smash Cadet
At least every single win we get will taste amazing. Pools victories hype.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Guys, it's been a long road.

I've been doing this for a while, but I just dropped sm4sh all together.
The fact that they've made no changes for Jiggs (even though I KNEW this wouldn't happen in a million years) but made the effort to make Roy's landing lag even more nonexistant just baffles me. I can't take it.

So long guys.

Though I wasn't doing much, it was cool hanging out with you all.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
gg no re

At least we have that one extra flower damage ^-^
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but, we don't have that, that was a testing mistake, Jigglypuff never got any buffs, only slight animation changes on one of her customs and a bugfix on Rollout.

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
Quoting Brellow Brellow 's (welcome to the boards, dude!) post from the 1.1.4 Patch Discussion...
"Tested in training mode on final destination
Both Rest do 20% initial damage
Prepatch Rest: 56% total damage
New Rest: 57% total damage
Prepatch Rest kills Puff (Lightest character) at: 38%
New Rest Kills Puff (Lightest character) at 43%

I use DDD because he dies later than Bowser even though Bowser is the heaviest

Pre rest kills DDD at 72%
Post rest kills DDD at 78%

Rest was nerfed in knockback"
...Did you understand when I told you to make Puff "better", Sakurai/Smash team?

Heartbreaking.

Last edited:

Brellow

Smash Cadet
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but, we don't have that, that was a testing mistake, Jigglypuff never got any buffs, only slight animation changes on one of her customs and a bugfix on Rollout.
Okay i'm confused here. Do the 3DS and Wii U have different balance or something? I updated my New3DS to 1.1.4 and my Wii U is still on 1.1.3. I go to training mode and pick the same characters, circumstances, etc and can clearly see the differences. Buuut someone in a Smash group still says its no changes. May you or another Jigglypuff test rest on Jigglypuff and DDD? Plz find out the earliest it kills in training mode on Final Destination. I still haven't updated my Wi U version but my 3DS is up to date.

Last edited:

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
Pretty sure rest is untouched and you just don't know how training mode affects testing.
Not my post, dude. I didn't play today yet and there is a dude on /r/smash saying it kills earlier (!?). I didn't 100% take it in account, but it has raw damage data. Placebo with numbers is not something you see everyday

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Okay i'm confused here. Do the 3DS and Wii U have different balance or something? I updated my New3DS to 1.1.4 and my Wii U is still on 1.1.3. I go to training mode and pick the same characters, circumstances, etc and can clearly see the differences. Buuut someone in a Smash group still says its no changes. May you or another Jigglypuff test rest on Jigglypuff and DDD? Plz find out the earliest it kills in training mode on Final Destination. I still haven't updated my Wi U version but my 3DS is up to date.
Sure thing. I'll lab that in just a few minutes.
Edit: that'd be 71%, is that the same as before?

Last edited:

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
Doesn't the 3DS version have larger blast zones?

Last edited:

Brellow

Smash Cadet
Sure thing. I'll lab that in just a few minutes.
Cool. This is what I got originally

Jigglypuff's Rest on Final Destination on Training Mode

(Wii U 1.1.3) Rest: 56% total damage
(3DS 1.1.4) Rest: 57% damage

(Wii U 1.1.3) Rest kills Puff (Lightest character) at: 38%
(3DS 1.1.4) Rest Kills Puff (Lightest character) at 43%

I use DDD because he dies later that Bowser even though Bowser is the heaviest

(Wii U 1.1.3) Rest kills DDD at 72%
(3DS 1.1.4) Rest kills DDD at 78%

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Cool. This is what I got originally

Jigglypuff's Rest on Final Destination on Training Mode

(Wii U 1.1.3) Rest: 56% total damage
(3DS 1.1.4) Rest: 57% damage

(Wii U 1.1.3) Rest kills Puff (Lightest character) at: 38%
(3DS 1.1.4) Rest Kills Puff (Lightest character) at 43%

I use DDD because he dies later that Bowser even though Bowser is the heaviest

(Wii U 1.1.3) Rest kills DDD at 72%
(3DS 1.1.4) Rest kills DDD at 78%
Me said:
Edit: that'd be 71%, is that the same as before?
Dedede is 1% earlier on Wii U than what you got, but Jigglypuff is still 38%. Kind of confused on that, did Dedede's weight change or something?

Also, Rest's overall damage differs for me on 1.1.4 Wii U between 59% on control doing nothing and stop doing 57%, so if your Dedede was on stop, then the damage was not changed, if it was on control though, then something's up.

Edit: Not sure how useful this is but Rest kills :4corrin: at 56% and :4bayonetta: at 52% at FD.

Last edited:

Smeefy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Smeefed
Its too bad jiggs didnt get anything but puff mains stay puff mains am i right

Roy of Pharae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4442-1640-3373
didn't puff's rest do like 36 damage before? Why did they nerf it?

Snipnigth

Smash Journeyman
I belive sakurai is just tired of smash and its doing stupid changes without giving to much thoughts to them, I truly bealive he tweaks the game a bit not thinking about what he is doing or how will this or that affect the gameplay, i feel he dosent even test the changes he makes....

PandaEffect

Smash Cadet
Guys pls, rest is exactly the same.
There's different blastzones on 3DS vs Wii U and we would have seen changes straight from the data dump.

KniteBlargh

Smash Journeyman
This is... Disappointing, even though I expected it like many of you. Not giving up on my favourite, though.

Honestly, some of the sadness going on in this thread hurts more than the lack of buffs. Cheer up, guys; at least Jiggly made it into the roster. :(

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
I belive sakurai is just tired of smash and its doing stupid changes without giving to much thoughts to them, I truly bealive he tweaks the game a bit not thinking about what he is doing or how will this or that affect the gameplay, i feel he dosent even test the changes he makes....
I don't think he understands what makes a character viable or not.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Before this goes any further, stop what you're doing.

Puff has %100 No Direct Buffs. No changes at all; Everything is placebo stuff.

However, there have been some indirect buffs even though it's not too much. Sheik, ZSS, and Rosalina has thier weight decreased by 1, so it's a little easier to take thier stocks off. Rest kill percentages needs to be updated.

Kumashock

Smash Cadet
I think Jiggly's problem is that rest is really good on free for all/doubles matches. This game's balance isn't focused only on 1v1 matches. But well, Bowser got buffs, so I can't really understand. lol

Maybe they want her just as a joke character... ;_;

Last edited:

Roy of Pharae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4442-1640-3373
-1 weight means nothing when you die super early and the only means of getting kills is through gimps b-air or rest.

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
I think Jiggly's problem is that rest is really good on free for all/doubles matches. This game's balance isn't focused only on 1v1 matches. But well, Bowser got buffs, so I can't really understand. lol

Maybe they want her just as a joke character... ;_;
How is rest good in FFA when it leaves you at the mercy of the other 2 characters?

SkippyJ

Smash Apprentice
stop being bad
Please dont insult people or their play. Im sure he acknowledges the fact that you can get kills other ways, its just that those options are comparatively very unreliable (in most peoples opinions).

Now please dont respond to this, i dont want an argument.

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
Tbh it's actually insulting. It feels like they don't even want me to enjoy this game. I might stop playing it. The fact that there was no regard to half of the cast when so much could have been done is just wrong. Like, do they think people don't play Jigglypuff? Is she legitimately just a joke character this time around? I just don't get it. :(

jigglesthepuff

Smash Apprentice

this is going to be me when i find where sakurai lives.

but seriously, NOTHING. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
welp i've given up all hope at this point

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Seriously, quit whining about patches. It isn't productive whatsoever. Either deal with the cards that you were dealt with and try to work around them or go main a top tier.

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
Seriously, quit whining about patches. It isn't productive whatsoever. Either deal with the cards that you were dealt with and try to work around them or go main a top tier.
While I agree with you mostly, it's really the fact that the Smash team had multiple occasions where they buffed underrepped characters and yet completely ignore large portions of the cast, including and especially those whom needed it most. That's what gets to me. If there had been no patches, I would be fine with this statement, because, hey, that's how it is, no changing it. But now that they were actively balancing the game, it's pretty valid to complain that the worst characters in the game got absolutely nothing.

D

Deleted member

Tbh it's actually insulting. It feels like they don't even want me to enjoy this game. I might stop playing it. The fact that there was no regard to half of the cast when so much could have been done is just wrong. Like, do they think people don't play Jigglypuff? Is she legitimately just a joke character this time around? I just don't get it. :(
Jigglypuff has pretty much replaced Pichu as the series' joke character ever since Brawl. Kinda sad, really.

Why do I always agree with everything you have to say on matters like this

Top Bottom