• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff 1.1.4 Patch Changes!

RDR7

Smash Cadet
we like to complain about the same story
Sounds kind of dumb. I complain about it but I'm pretty much over it.
Seriously, quit whining about patches. It isn't productive whatsoever. Either deal with the cards that you were dealt with and try to work around them or go main a top tier.
I 80% agree with this guy as hard as it is. Reason being he mains mewtwo and he has had super buffs while all puff has had is a glitch fix. Nonetheless well said.

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Sounds kind of dumb. I complain about it but I'm pretty much over it.

I 80% agree with this guy as hard as it is. Reason being he mains mewtwo and he has had super buffs while all puff has had is a glitch fix. Nonetheless well said.
I'm not saying I agree with Jigglypuff not getting any buffs. I mained Mewtwo back during the pre-buff days as well. The Mewtwo boards used to be total patch beggars, and I didn't add to any of that after a while because it was toxic and not contributing anything because we all knew what the issues were. Also, it's not like Sakurai was reading the board.

We did eventually get buffs, but I still believe that begging for patches didn't contribute to any of it. I didn't just pick up Mewtwo after he got buffed. I made a conscious decision to pick him up after he dropped as DLC despite any issues with hitboxes, frame data, poor weight, etc. because I enjoyed him a ton and still do.

Despite any sort of character issues (which do exist, not saying they don't), attitude plays a big role in how the community can be perceived. You can either completely fold and wallow in your self pity all day like the Zelda boards, or you can be productive in pushing forward Jigglypuff's metagame and possibly even break some people's poor perception of the character.

Mewtwo used to be considered the worst character in Melee on the first tier list. After good players such as Taj pushed his meta, though, Mewtwo rose on the tier list and is seen as much better than he was perceived originally, even if the spot isn't necessarily good.

Yoshi used to be low tier in Melee. Then aMsa came along, decided to put the work into Yoshi and push his metagame, and now he ranks respectably.

I'm actually somewhat glad that the patches have stopped. A lot of the community as a whole has become too dependent on patches to solve their problems because they're lazy and want handouts instead of putting the work in themselves and establishing counterplay. Would I have done things differently? Sure I would have. But the game is stable now. It's up to you to put the time in and work around those limitations and find new positives.

Last edited:

jigglesthepuff

Smash Apprentice
I'm not saying I agree with Jigglypuff not getting any buffs. I mained Mewtwo back during the pre-buff days as well. The Mewtwo boards used to be total patch beggars, and I didn't add to any of that after a while because it was toxic and not contributing anything because we all knew what the issues were. Also, it's not like Sakurai was reading the board.

We did eventually get buffs, but I still believe that begging for patches didn't contribute to any of it. I didn't just pick up Mewtwo after he got buffed. I made a conscious decision to pick him up after he dropped as DLC despite any issues with hitboxes, frame data, poor weight, etc. because I enjoyed him a ton and still do.

Despite any sort of character issues (which do exist, not saying they don't), attitude plays a big role in how the community can be perceived. You can either completely fold and wallow in your self pity all day like the Zelda boards, or you can be productive in pushing forward Jigglypuff's metagame and possibly even break some people's poor perception of the character.

Mewtwo used to be considered the worst character in Melee on the first tier list. After good players such as Taj pushed his meta, though, Mewtwo rose on the tier list and is seen as much better than he was perceived originally, even if the spot isn't necessarily good.

Yoshi used to be low tier in Melee. Then aMsa came along, decided to put the work into Yoshi and push his metagame, and now he ranks respectably.

I'm actually somewhat glad that the patches have stopped. A lot of the community as a whole has become too dependent on patches to solve their problems because they're lazy and want handouts instead of putting the work in themselves and establishing counterplay. Would I have done things differently? Sure I would have. But the game is stable now. It's up to you to put the time in and work around those limitations and find new positives.
this is actually pretty motivating. thanks

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
this thread absolutely broke my heart :/
it probably doesn't mean much to you guys, but if there's any way i can help jigglypuff get
buffed, just let me know or something

Last edited:

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
this thread absolutely broke my heart :/
it probably doesn't mean much to you guys, but if there's any way i can help jigglypuff get
buffed, just let me know or something
Play puff on For Glory every once in a while to show interest in the character. And try to limit complaint thread posts per patch.(otherwise we would be flooded lol)

the day jiggs gets a combo into rest is the day jiggs will be viable again
We have combos into Rest, they are just very percent and character specific. You can find them here: http://jigglyhoeseverywhere.weebly.com/combo-strings.html

Last edited:

Snipnigth

Smash Journeyman
Play puff on For Glory every once in a while to show interest in the character. And try to limit complaint thread posts per patch.(otherwise we would be flooded lol)

We have combos into Rest, they are just very percent and character specific.
Thats my point, its almost imposible to manage a combo into rest, its too character, %, di, position dependant...altho the feeling when you get it its amazing.

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
Fair to Rest is a pretty reliable confirm that appears unpredictably. Dair to Rest appears predictably but is often hard to confirm after a certain range. Hooray.

OmegaStriker

Smash Cadet
Doubt it. There could be more after this.
I would love to see more updates. It would make more sense considering the new characters. I'm afraid of what the two new characters' counters are going to do to the game.

OmegaStriker

Smash Cadet
I'm still hoping but I'm not gonna give up on her regardless of whether she gets them or not.

Top Bottom