• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jem's Brawl Falco Impressions/Facts/Ask me Q's (Took 4th in singles with Falco)

mathos

Smash Champion
Hmm bthrow to fsmash actually worked? On what characters? I found you can do a dthrow chaingrab at low percents on heavier characters.

Jem.

Smash Master
Did I do bthrow to fsmash Mathos? o_o. I thought about it, you can probably do it at low percents, but probably not to characters who are way to floaty for their own good.

Hmm.. I'll try that out this weekend. I dont think I tried downthrow.

FlipManV3

Smash Cadet
Not to sound like a n00b, but what is a space aerial?

Is it when you hop forward, do an aerial and back away go your original spot?

Zhilo

Smash Apprentice
I want to play a black Falco named CROW, so I apreciate your efforts into giving us impressions. I'll go watch your videos now Jem, and see what I can learn.

Oh, one thing, phantasm still leaves you unable to act? how about the firebird? gravity changes aside, is Falco's recovery comparably good to the rest of the cast?

Jem.

Smash Master
Phantasm leaves you unable to for a little bit, yes. Firebird is worse, not sure on the lag.. Firebird is an even worse recovery than it was in melee imo, but phantasm got a huge upgrade, it almost goes as far as foxes.

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
Why is firebird worse in brawl than melee? Didn't the range get longer? Or the startup burning lag is even easier to predict?

Jesi

Smash Ace
Yeah I posted about this in another thread... I experimented with fox and falco's over b.

What I noticed was that Fox's has a little bit of forward momentum AFTER the move actually ends.

Falco's seems to be completely cut short, or as if, it has no forward momentum at all after the move finishes. He just drops straight down, where fox seems to move forward as he's falling.

Fox's is also longer, but the momentum scoots him further too. On FD, falco goes a little under halfway across the stage, where fox goes a little over half the stage...there's a thread on it somewhere... hehe

Jem.

Smash Master
Still, even though Phantasm is better, it'll be too easy to predict and just smash attack them back off again, since firebird is such balls.

numinous

Smash Rookie
at least they finally killed the insane delay after ending the phantasm. it's a completely viable attack now. maybe someone mentioned it earlier but i couldn't find it: the dair doesn't have the same power when done from a distance, but it can be sweet-spotted to get the same spike as you had in melee. just have to start the move when you're right at the top of the other character and down they go.

while playing for the last week or so it's apparent that shield grabbing is much more effective. you have to di away w/ most characters when using aerials otherwise you get grabbed.

RAQU

Smash Apprentice
My 2 Cents

i think falco's A spam is much better now because with the proper timing you can chain it over and over for some decent damage.

AAA spam for a short while. then stop just long enough to stop the spam. then spam AAA again (einse repeat until they move too far away) it can be ended with an F tilt or a grab. if done right there should be virtually no time for your opponent to retaliate.

heres an example at 0:22

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GqMmFwWOe9E

BC AL

Smash Journeyman
Jem., im a total brawl falco noob(so dont blame me for asking stupid questions...XD) BUT i was a decent falco meleewise, teh first time i used him all i thought, this guy sucks ****! but now everyones been telling me how great falco is now. Im now thinkin on using this guy but i need to know how is Falco good now,
What are some of his combos now?
Whats his best approaching moves?
Is his shine useless now?
And i saw your SHL descriptions and i said 'WOW imma try it tmr!!' so i think i ll get SHL done...

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
I actually find it easier to meteor smash with his dair in Brawl for some odd reason.

pyroroth

Smash Journeyman
Jem., im a total brawl falco noob(so dont blame me for asking stupid questions...XD) BUT i was a decent falco meleewise, teh first time i used him all i thought, this guy sucks ****! but now everyones been telling me how great falco is now. Im now thinkin on using this guy but i need to know how is Falco good now,
What are some of his combos now?
Whats his best approaching moves?
Is his shine useless now?
And i saw your SHL descriptions and i said 'WOW imma try it tmr!!' so i think i ll get SHL done...
I usually just SHL until they charge then i shine when they get in range and then commence combo'ing.. I was horrible with falco in melee, but i love him in brawl =D. His Fsmash is so amazing.

Also the shine is FAR from useless, it has alot of range and can easily lead to some comboing.

clowsui

Smash Legend
I need help v. Sheik and Jiggs, I got ***** by them yesterday...I tried to create space with lazers and shield stab but ugh it seems that Sheik's gay ftilt stuff is harder to DI out of than before.

Top Bottom