• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Style Online Ranking System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
2014-03-26, DL, Cobr, Combo Blaze, void

combo has the recording

neither of my matches involved hanging from the ledge at the start, eh whatever

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
2014-03-26, DL, Cobr, Combo Blaze, void

combo has the recording

neither of my matches involved hanging from the ledge at the start, eh whatever
I'm not going to enforce this, but I HIGHLY RECOMMEND it:
You were at { +1 } and combo was at { 0 }. You should play people at your point level that you haven't played yet... I'll still count it though

Studstill

Smash Ace
I'm not going to enforce this, but I HIGHLY RECOMMEND it:
You were at { +1 } and combo was at { 0 }. You should play people at your point level that you haven't played yet... I'll still count it though
Hey man, he did that off my advice. I played Cobr in the first match, which he won. As I understand the rules, this affects me and him and let`s say Combo (next opponent) in the following ways:
I lost. (-1) There is no one who has as many points as me in my level, (special case, first loser), so I cannot play anyone until another -1 exists.
Rob won. (+1) There is no one who has as many points as him, so the rule doesn`t apply, Rob can play anyone. (In the level, except me, already played)
Combo didn`t play yet (0). There are people who have 0 points in this level, so he can play any of them, AND Cobr, because Cobr has more points, not "less points than you" (from the rules).
Basicaly, I think this works, it just acts a little wonky on startup. (In that there was NO ONE at Rob`s point level) Essentially, you must play someone at your point level or above, within the rank level.

Last edited:

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
As soon as two other { 0 }'s play eachother, you'll end up with another +1 and -1. Shouldn't take too long, but in the long run it really won't matter.

how the **** is fireblaster gonna contact us/reply to us if he's banned? Or is he still able to use PMs?
Someone tell @ Sangoku Sangoku that fire wants to be unbanned

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
so steve

just to clear things up

do we play same point level exclusively? and upon reaching b tier, you have to wait for 6 people or w/e and then you play, and if i play the first match and win, i have to wait for another match before i can play?

otherwise, you could theoretically play all the 0's in a level and get to the next level without playing someone at your point level

breakthrough

Smash Journeyman
Where do you want videos uploaded to? Should I upload to a file sharing site and then send to you for a specific channel or just upload on my channel? Also, anyone have recommendations for size? I just went with 1024x768

M!nt

Smash Champion
no level is your level you're at SS,S,A,B,C,D or F

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
Actually it makes sense to have it so you can play anyone in your level that you have not played yet.
When I like your post, that means I accounted for it.
I'll be making a email address tomorrow that the recordings can be sent to if you want. I will upload them to youtube on weekends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom