• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese SSB4 ads rising, some companies not credited, characters cut?

StarLight42

Smash Lord
While browsing silly GameFaqs, I saw something that is actually quite interesting.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_ePqAF4JlWY

It's basically just a japanese commercial which sparks interest due to some things....

APE Inc. is not credited, this means possibly the loss of Ness, but, I just can't believe it, would he really get cut? I'd rather have Jigglypuff cut than Ness.

Konami isn't credited either, which leads to the cutting of Snake, I hope he didn't get cut, but this is kind of that final nail in the coffin.

---

One other thing I should mention is that Mario's final smash has been offficialy confirmed to be Mario Finale and not changing.....i'm going to contain my rage for that and explode somehwere else.

Thoughts?

Also i'm sorry if this didn't belong here and fits more in the SSB4 character discussion but I was really trying to bring up the commercial in general rather than Ness and Snake's absence.

Last edited:

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
Snake being cut has seemed like a forgone conclusion for awhile. I'm unfamiliar about why this means Ness would be cut though.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
This needs to be stickied -

These items are in the game. The Mother series developer does not need to be credited in an ad to use their assets. Ness and Lucas will more than likely return. You are panicking because you haven't seen them yet, like a dog when its master goes to work.

edit: and there you go, they changed their name to Creatures and that's in the commercial :upsidedown:

Last edited:

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
If you're going to use this as gospel, then I think it can put the Rayman rumors to bed too considering Ubisoft isn't listed.

Nielicus

Smash Lord
Sega wasn't credited until Sonic was revealed btw, it's to not give spoilers

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
While browsing silly GameFaqs, I saw something that is actually quite interesting.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_ePqAF4JlWY

It's basically just a japanese commercial which sparks interest due to some things....

APE Inc. is not credited, this means possibly the loss of Ness, but, I just can't believe it, would he really get cut? I'd rather have Jigglypuff cut than Ness.

Konami isn't credited either, which leads to the cutting of Snake, I hope he didn't get cut, but this is kind of that final nail in the coffin.

---

One other thing I should mention is that Mario's final smash has been offficialy confirmed to be Mario Finale and not changing.....i'm going to contain my rage for that and explode somehwere else.

Thoughts?

Also i'm sorry if this didn't belong here and fits more in the SSB4 character discussion but I was really trying to bring up the commercial in general rather than Ness and Snake's absence.
Mario final was buffed in the demo. It's pretty fast and does stop short.

Anywho, Sega wasn't listed on the pre-Sonic videos. Companies probably aren't listed until the respective character gets a trailer.

Ninja'd...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't think that it's a big deal really. If credit is given to Creatures Inc. in the commercial, I'm pretty sure that it would spoil the game, would it not?
I bet credit will be added once Ness is revealed or he gets unlocked.

D

Deleted member

APE Inc = Creatures Inc. Ness is obviously going to be in the game. xD
As for Snake, well, I don't know, really. It probably means he's disconfirmed, but he could always been a DLC character or something else.

Last edited by a moderator:

TiaSilvia

Smash Apprentice
They only show those companies who already have a character confirmed in the game. That why we didn't see the sega and namco being listed until sonic and pac were confirmed.

Soul.

Ness and Lucas are coming back, lol. I'm not sure about Snake.
Creatures Inc. is credited, and that was Ape Inc., as the others have said. I think we shouldn't worry about the Mother characters returning, because they will... eventually.

Last edited:

HyrulesLegend

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheHyrulesLegend
3DS FC
4253-4618-9274
Ness and Lucas better back back.. >_<. I really could care less if Snake didn't return, he kinda always seemed like that character who just didn't fit in, in my opinion anyway.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Mario final was buffed in the demo. It's pretty fast and does stop short.

Anywho, Sega wasn't listed on the pre-Sonic videos. Companies probably aren't listed until the respective character gets a trailer.

Ninja'd...
I don't think being fast is a good thing, it just gives it a higher chance to miss. Luckily it looked pretty slow and powerful in that commercial, but why couldn't we get a cool new final smash for Mario?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
I don't think being fast is a good thing, it just gives it a higher chance to miss. Luckily it looked pretty slow and powerful in that commercial, but why couldn't we get a cool new final smash for Mario?
Being slow gives it a higher miss rate. You see it coming a mile away.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
The old FS was too easy to jump over because of how slow it was, but whatever.

Ninja'd again...

Last edited:

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
It's been said, but it's worth being said again: companies are not credited in promotional materials until a playable character owned by them is officially revealed. When Ness is revealed, Ape and Itoi will be added, just like when Shulk is revealed Monolith Soft will be added to the copyright info.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
This is rather decisive evidence for Snake but Snake's return has been doubted for a while now so it's really not surprising.

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
Sega wasn't credited until Sonic was revealed btw, it's to not give spoilers
Off topic but I just gotta say your signature just killed me! xD That man was so mad too...ahah good laugh

Heropon

Smash Cadet
This is rather decisive evidence for Snake but Snake's return has been doubted for a while now so it's really not surprising.
It's not decisive evidence against anyone, it's been said multiple times in the thread that companies don't get credited until their character is revealed.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'm just sitting here, hyped that commercials are appearing for a game that's just a little over a month away. IT'S HAPPENING!

D

Deleted member

Oi, the credits are of characters that have been revealed.
Taken directly from the site:
Characters: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / SEGA / CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Games Inc.
Intelligent Systems wasn't listed until Marth was shown.
Sega wasn't listed until Sonic was shown.
Bandai Namco wasn't listed until Pac-Man was shown.

Shigesato Itoi and Ape Inc. won't be listed until either Ness or Lucas are shown. (Yes, Creatures Inc. is Ape Inc. however, Brawl listed both.)
Konami won't be listed until Snake is shown (if Snake is in the game).

Others have said this, I know. But whatever.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
That gameplay looked EVEN MORE AMAZING than before...*faints*

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
On another note, it's often amusing to me when people totally bank on Snake not reappearing.

You've absolutely fallen for Sakurai and Kojima's plot. I am fairly...confident.. anyway..

For me, anyway, Snake was so much of what made Brawl interesting and groundbreaking, and I'm not even a Metal Gear fan. I think it'd be folly not to include him.

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
Warning Received
This is likely because the characters weren't shown in the commercial, if Mega Man wasn't confirmed yet, then I doubt we'd see Capcom listed.

Oh, and besides, cutting Ness and Lucis but keeping Toon Link and adding Lucina wouldn't make much sense.

Edit: Sorry about double posting, I had no idea :(

Last edited:

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Wait, you thought the mario finale was gonna change after the demos showed it was still around? Um... okay.

Cool that the ads are out. Frankly, I'm not expecting snake anyways.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
As others have said this isn't an indication of anything we'll get in the final release as companies are added as characters are announced and unlocked. However, I do think this might be an indication of what we can expect to be announced pre-release as this commercial is going to run from now to launch, which doesn't spell good things for Snake and Lucas.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
No Monolith Soft?

No Shulk....

:estatic:

Not sure if this means a lot.

What did the Brawl commercials show?

As others have said this isn't an indication of anything we'll get in the final release as companies are added as characters are announced and unlocked. However, I do think this might be an indication of what we can expect to be announced pre-release as this commercial is going to run from now to launch, which doesn't spell good things for Snake and Lucas.
WAIT!

I think you hit the jackpot.

Now put this theory into motion....

If this commercial will be running from now til release, then perhaps....

A. We won't get anyone else announced before release. Unlikely.
B. The characters announced pre-release won't require any more licensing.

Now... This would rule out Shulk as a pre-release character as they would need to credit Monolith Soft.

A Rhythm Heaven character would still be possible because as far as I know, Nintendo themselves publishes and makes the games, meaning extra copyright wouldn't be needed. Correct me if I'm wrong here.

This also means that perhaps ANOTHER newcomer that would fit any of the announced licenses could be revealed as well. Something from a series already revealed, ala Ridley, Mewtwo, K.Rool etc or a series that they wouldn't cause them to put down another license such as Duck Hunt or Mach Rider. I bring this up because I expect two more newcomers before release. One in August. One in Early September.

Other things that this may point too...

1. Ness is probably secret. This could be bad for Lucas. Hope they both stay.
2. Snake is gone for sure and that hurts.

This does raise one question...

Ubisoft has confirmed content in the game...

So why no copyright?

Maybe I'm just spouting nonsense. If I am, please tell me how.

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
I honestly just want veterans to return. No more newcomers. Snake was probably never even cut because they had little thought for adding him again. He was a guest character, just like Pac Man and Megaman are. But they may become staples, seeing how Sonics back.

I liked Snake, but he was a grown man from a semi realistic franchise so he didn't fit in with a bunch of cartoony video game characters. Maybe Sakurai realized this and with the addition of Pac Man and Mega Man it would just be awkward to throw him in to the mix again.

Last edited:

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Ubisoft contributed one (maybe two) trophies. That's probably not worth a major credit in an ad. And if they were, wouldn't all the other companies represented in trophies need to be credited as well?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I honestly just want veterans to return. No more newcomers. Snake was probably never even cut because they had little thought for adding him again. He was a guest character, just like Pac Man and Megaman are. But they may become staples, seeing how Sonics back.

I liked Snake, but he was a grown man from a semi realistic franchise so he didn't fit in with a bunch of cartoony video game characters. Maybe Sakurai realized this and with the addition of Pac Man and Mega Man it would just be awkward to throw him in to the mix again.
...Metal Gear Solid is about as realistic as Fire Emblem and Zelda.

Heck, I'd argue those are more realistic.

Unless you mean art style, but F-Zero also has a realistic art style, last we saw it (and Captain Falcon looks super realistic in Smash Wii U. Dat bulge...)

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
There is going to be a Mother character since Mr. Saturn and the Franklin Badge are confirmed.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
No Monolith Soft?

No Shulk....

:estatic:
As the Shulk thread pointed out earlier, Nintendo fully owns Monolithsoft so they don't have to be credited. And also, like some people have said, Bandai Namco weren't credited before the Pacman reveal in ANY trailer, even though they have heavily helped with the game.

Top Bottom