• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese kirbys

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
holy hell, that falco was ****. O_o

The kirby was ok though. :p

Edit: wait i take that back. I just saw the second vid. The kirby is also ****. o_O

storm92

Smash Ace
The Kirby was very good.
Pretty much on par with the best Kirbys in the U.S. though.

Better than mine, for sure.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
That second one was great. Although Japanese don't hug from what I've seen in these vids. I wish they played more aggresively and didn't roll as much. But hey if it got the job done, I guess I can't complain.

-Slash-

Smash Cadet
Looked crappy to me.

I REALLY hope competitive brawl matches don't come down to who can spam defensive crap the most :(

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
wow the kirby vs marth reminds me of when i played mikehaze lol. The upb to escape from chaingrab was definitely something he would throw in to make me stop chaingrabbing =/ And that kirby uses retreating bairs in a very similar style to me lol. Shorthops without attacking mixed in and all. His utilt and dtilt use are similar to mine as well.

Main difference between me and him I think are the grabs he uses and I probably use Uair slightly more. But he mixes his aerials together and then goes into periods of spamming retreating bairs like me haha... dunno if its good or bad but it works for me XD its cool to see a japanese guy with a similar style.

twilightmystery

Smash Rookie
they were pretty good at their movements and dodging, but the first video was full of spammed attacks so much that the stale-move negation kicked in and helped Falco survive over and over.

oldhat

Smash Rookie
That second one was great. Although Japanese don't hug from what I've seen in these vids. I wish they played more aggresively and didn't roll as much. But hey if it got the job done, I guess I can't complain.
This.

10 char

megabenman

Smash Rookie
In the second video, the Kirby shorthopped every jump :O
And I can't even shorthop... :'(

kenja0

Smash Apprentice
The Kirby had good ideas on edgeguarding, but he was overestimating his opponents. D-airs would've ***** them both to death or seriously limited their recovery options.

A bit strange how the first video, he spammed b-airs, but the second video he mixed it up a lot. That couldn't have just been because the falco was camping, could it?

Super S bros brawl

Smash Cadet
i watched the first one and falco is such a whimp kirby should have won but no falco kept running and shouting hes no falcon hes a chicken the only bad point with kirby is he didnt do b down

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
all those players were good anyway. the kirby was doin pretty well. i think the kirby was better than al ot of people ive seen including myself he was a great player getting in all those airdogdges and such. he was really taking advantage of those airdodges i think all kirbys should play like that.

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
Good Kirby, but the constant SH-Bairs were a bit overwhelming in number. I know its one of Kirbs' best moves, but that was spamming it.
Spamming it works. Just space it and retreat while doing it. Sure theres a few characters this doesn't work on but its pretty good for a majority. Also just SH and if your opponent is never close enough to hit just land. You can trick people into approaching when they just see you SH over and over but you can pop out a bair pretty much instantly to counter them.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
I actually find japanese to have really good movement in terms of empty SH and buffering an initial dash, rinse and repeat. That's what I like about these matches the kiby's movements were always constant and interesting b/c the use of buffering really sped up his play. What I don't like is how they make bad decisions such as not going for a spike or rolling too much. They are good at advanced movement but seem to lack gameplay techs that we consider basic.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
I actually find japanese to have really good movement in terms of empty SH and buffering an initial dash, rinse and repeat. That's what I like about these matches the kiby's movements were always constant and intereting b/c the use of buffering really sped up his play. What I don't like is how they make bad decisions such as not going for a spike or rolling too much. They are good at advanced movement but seem to lack gameplay techs that we consider basic.
Are u the dude that played Candy and said would **** my ****?

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
Good Kirby, but the constant SH-Bairs were a bit overwhelming in number. I know its one of Kirbs' best moves, but that was spamming it.
Spamming SH bairs is fine, its a great move. While the bair suffers from move degeneration, it's still fast and keeps your opponent at bay while you recharge that fsmash that you want to buffer once the spacing is right for a ko.

Top Bottom