• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese 12 Character Combo Video

Dash_Fox

Smash Ace
That fox combo involving the shines and jabs with the U smash finisher rocked so much.

(it's near the 20:00 mark)

I've done that a couple times to some people but never with a U smash finisher! (i usually screw up a shine on the 2nd or 3rd) :( LAAAAGGG!!

Origional combos, good music choice, good video overall.

DreDay

Smash Journeyman
Great combos, the DK Luigi ones were cool. The fox semi infinite combos looked hella nice.
Loved the taunt cancel combos too.

Atrion

Smash Apprentice
great vid. I really liked the fox shine to jab combo and the falcon ones which finished in reverse uairs.

Dave_Uk

Smash Apprentice
That's some pretty awesome stuff. Samus mine/bumper combo was particulary kool as was the falcon on DK in mushroom kingdom. And the 90 or whatever it was hit combo with mario, that was insane.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Wow, this was like an early birthday present lol! Awesome video. That Pikachu quick-attack to ledge grab to continue the combo was amazing. The guy that did that particular combo had some pretty unique combos the entire way though.

Nephiros

Smash Ace
wtf...omg...is that shinejab possible at all in the american version ._.

Nephiros

Smash Ace
okay

ya it ain't so hard to do after all, but im gon' need some practicing with that..mhh...

I can't do it on fox tho, and only managed once on link. Otherwise it's possible against every other char

greenblob

Smash Lord
OMG! Thunders Combo!

I was wondering...why do people often use the Hyrule platforms in combo videos but very rarely in actual matches?

Nephiros

Smash Ace
because it requires some set up and so it's kinda situational and hard to use correctly, ya

whaahppnd

Smash Journeyman
look at what you did make antd go through all that work just try it urself GOSH
well... once you know something is possible it makes it easier to do...

like when roger banister ran the mile under 4... in under a month so many more people also did

edit: undoubtedly the best combo video ive ever seen
**** it was so nice

at 12:02 after the kirbys taunt the yoshi should have down smashed; it wouldve been so f'in funny

Mekanos

Smash Cadet
Wow, this was like an early birthday present lol! Awesome video. That Pikachu quick-attack to ledge grab to continue the combo was amazing. The guy that did that particular combo had some pretty unique combos the entire way though.
Yep, I liked BBJR's one's the most. Some pretty unthinkable combo's.

Real nice showcase.

PikashoX

Smash Apprentice
you block like right when it hits. from there you can do anything you can normally do from a block

don't press z lightly
so what's the difference between lightly pressing z and just pressing it? if you lightly press it, yoshi does a nod or some sort instead of forming an egg shield. can you deflect grabs by just pressing z?

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
so what's the difference between lightly pressing z and just pressing it? if you lightly press it, yoshi does a nod or some sort instead of forming an egg shield. can you deflect grabs by just pressing z?
It's not deflecting grabs or anything like that, but when you press Z quickly he'll do the start of the shield animation but not bring up the shield. He can still be grabbed, just he "Absorbs" a hit (He doesn't really absorb it, it just doesn't do any damage), and then he can do another move when the animation is finished.

whaahppnd

Smash Journeyman
he's basically saying parrying has to do with timing and not "lightly pressing"
even if you hold it but get the timing properly you will parry and then can do anything you can do out of grab

malva00

Smash Master
i don't think you understand whaahppned. there's two different parrys one where you lightly tap z(not hold it) and make no shield and one where you press z and stay in your shield.

the light z parry is not needed since it's harder and much less useful

Mura

Smash Apprentice
o ok i see now...
the no shield one looks cooler in videos tho =P
<_<. Go to internship.

I survived PikaShoX's driving yesterday. I still don't believe I'm alive. :: pinches self ::
But it really wasn't that bad...Anyways.

I like the video, but since the combo video done on the japanese version which means most drill combos would suffer due to DI in this version? o.O

malva00

Smash Master
I like the video, but wasn't the combo video done on the japanese version which means most drill combos would suffer due to DI in this version? o.O
u dun get it

o ok i see now...
the no shield one looks cooler in videos tho =P
in case u don't know the ones against samus in the video were not light z ones that's how he was able to do moves quickly after

Mura

Smash Apprentice
u dun get it
I probably don't. Enlighten please. Unless you're just reiterating the fact that it's just a simple combo video without too much emphasis on whether one can perform such combos in an actual game. >_>

And wasn't was a poor choice of word.. should've used since in that post. XD

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Yeah, Mura, it's just a combo video for show.

You can't do d-smash or tilts out of a regular parry though right?

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
You can do any moves out of a regular parry, as long as you don't hold it down long enough to shield. After the parry you go to a standing animation, so you can do anything.

Top Bottom