• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

japan

Vayseth

Smash Master
I thought it was you had to AGREE to another stage, otherwise FD?

OH! And for okinawa I heard there's a good airport that you can get decent flights from in Kobe to Okinawa for like 5,000 yen one way. CHEAP SON. Kobe is "relatively" close to this, maybe another 1,000 at most?

Vayseth

Smash Master
LULz @ dumb people saying dumb stuff about Japan.

"I don't know if Japan uses Wario." "I don't think Japan's used to ICs." "Isn't Masashi/QB the best in Japan?"

No. Japan's best players are at APEX right now. Masashi and QB are from Kansai which is the lower region in Japan. Rain, BROOD, all those guys are from Kanto, which is largely considered better at brawl. People need to learn their shizzz.

rustediron

Smash Lord
I thought it was you had to AGREE to another stage, otherwise FD?

OH! And for okinawa I heard there's a good airport that you can get decent flights from in Kobe to Okinawa for like 5,000 yen one way. CHEAP SON. Kobe is "relatively" close to this, maybe another 1,000 at most?
Dayum, seriously?
That is really, really cheap :S
Do you know if there are cheap flights there from Aomori or Misawa?

Volt_Storm_7

Smash Journeyman
Okay then, wish okinawa's smash scene was better =.

Flights arent cheap either and wifi, I need to play wifi now. Do you guys know any good sites that I can use for wifi against people. I currently know the sites smacon and smashbrother.org, is there any other sites they use besides that?

Also, whats the lnik to smacon because I suddenly forgot it D=

rustediron

Smash Lord
You just need an MMS address (###@docomo.ne.jp,###@softbank.ne.jp, etc.). If your phone doesn't have one, find a friend and ask them, then unregister their phone from your account once it's made :)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Japan's best players are at APEX right now. Masashi and QB are from Kansai which is the lower region in Japan. Rain, BROOD, all those guys are from Kanto, which is largely considered better at brawl. People need to learn their shizzz.
Who told you this?

:059:

Vayseth

Smash Master
Um, the players themselves. I live in Japan. I go to West Kansai regionals. All west Kansai players say the kanto players are the best, specifically rain.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Interesting but from observing their results and all I wonder to what extent that's the case. RAIN only recently won a tourney again and didn't do so before in a long time and he lost to or got outplaced by western players also. I interpret it as "the overall level of the East is higher than the west" rather than that their best players beat the best players from the west.

:059:

Vayseth

Smash Master
That could be true, but the Western players might be MODEST but they say that East >>> West.

If we're talking about BRAWL that is. In melee it's opposite.

Toobz

Smash Journeyman
I am living near Tokyo for about 2 months. It is about a 30 minute train ride from Ikebukuro. If anyone wants to play Melee (no brawl please) then send me a message! I do not have a controller though, so I will have to borrow someone else`s. Let me know!

rustediron

Smash Lord
I am living near Tokyo for about 2 months. It is about a 30 minute train ride from Ikebukuro. If anyone wants to play Melee (no brawl please) then send me a message! I do not have a controller though, so I will have to borrow someone else`s. Let me know!
Just noticed this, can you read Japanese to some degree?
If you make a smacom account, then you could probably get into to contact with the players that go to the semi-regular smashfests there :S

http://smacom2.mysns.tv/?m=pc&a=page_h_home

Vayseth

Smash Master
Where's Misawa?

Maybe I should just restart this thread and update the OP with where people are at.

Here's the general break down:

Osaka (some parts of Kansai as well) = Brawl/Melee, both high level.
Tokyo (some parts of Kanto as well) = Brawl, high level. Melee exists but scarcely.

rustediron

Smash Lord
LOL MISAWA
If you were 2 months earlier I totally would have come down from Mutsu xD
As it is, I'm on the other side of the world :(

Socket423

Smash Rookie
>Volt_Storm_7
For some reason Smacom became invitation system.
I sent you an invitation mail.
Please check your yahoo addr :)

Volt_Storm_7

Smash Journeyman
Thank you, but now smacon is giving me a hard time with registering where I put my info in, all ready to go, but then the two options go either to reset the info or have to do all again.
What do I do from the info page when its all entered X.

Socket423

Smash Rookie
There could be mistake in the input item.
I created them that is show you what you must fill out the form.
first form :

second form :

Volt_Storm_7

Smash Journeyman
I've got it, thanks guys.
Also, how do you organize matches via wifi, because I cant find a link to post one so I can make my own requests instead of posting to someone else's.

Socket423

Smash Rookie
you mean the way to block a notify mail?
login using cell phone and you may find the reception setting in option tab.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
._. I wanna know what the japanese community is like. >_> Don't they congregate somewhere online that isn't impossible to access?

Do they have any Kirbys?

Do they have any Kirby Brawl tech/ combo/ tourny vids?

D: I wannnnnaaa knooooow

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
._. I wanna know what the japanese community is like. >_> Don't they congregate somewhere online that isn't impossible to access?

Do they have any Kirbys?

Do they have any Kirby Brawl tech/ combo/ tourny vids?

D: I wannnnnaaa knooooow
Not really impossible, you just have to know Japanese... and have a Japanese phone. XD

I think they have most of the Smash community in Osaka if I remember correctly.

TerraScythe

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm moving to Japan in a couple of weeks. If anyone is living in the cities on Kyushu and wants to have a few games, pm me. Don't want to leave this game behind!

Top Bottom