• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jan 17, 2015] Paragon 2015! Apex World Circuit ($3,000 Combined Pot Bonuses!! (Orlando, Florida)

SSSilver

Smash Rookie
If I can get the time off of work I'll be going as a late entrant. I have one question though, since it's round robin what happens if there is a three way tie in pools?
I ran into this problem at a Jupiter tournament. In the end we decided to just split the money three ways since the TO was being indecissive. Being this could happens in pools and not a single RR bracket I'm interested in what happens @ RagingCherry RagingCherry

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
usually in round robin if there is a 3 way tie for first, even through tiebreakers,those 3 will start a new RR with just themselves to determine top 2

randeez

Smash Rookie
these tournaments appropriate for younger (8y/o) gamers, strictly spectator?
i played brawl forever ago, been playing wii u/4 with kiddo past couple months he'd go nuts if i told him we were gonna go i jus want to make sure atmosphere is cool with it.

i guess alternatively same for me being there lol

Last edited:

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
@ R randeez

I think bringing your kid will be fine for him. Can't say anything about League of Legend's community but Smash is great and very friendly to everyone. Just fyi, their might be a few bad cuss words from random people but the majority isn't that bad.

topspin1617

Smash Apprentice
NNID
topspin1617
3DS FC
0318-7760-0788
I've never attended a real tournament before, so I'm sorry if these are stupid questions...

1. I've been debating back and forth if I should go to this. For that reason, I didn't register online. From reading the site, my understanding is that I could still attend and register at the door (I understand it's more expensive) the day of? I guess my confusion came because it was mentioned above that the brackets had already been posted, but the site does seem to indicate that last minute arrivals are accepted, so I'm not sure how to reconcile the two (maybe late entrants get their own bracket?). (Actually post #40 seems to partially answer this question, but I'll leave it.)

2. Wired (GameCube) controllers are necessary? I've only played Smash Wii u with the Pro Controller... now, I do have GameCube controllers, and only haven't used them so far because I don't own an adapter. I don't imagine using the GameCube controller would be a problem, but I guess I was just wondering if the Pro Controller was allowed (I think I read generally not because of wireless interference?)

3. (Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this lol) I live in Boca Raton, is anyone from the general area attending this who might want to carpool (+maybe hotel...pool lol?)? Either in your car or my own; I wouldn't mind driving, would just be... well lonely by myself lol.

4. Anything else I should know that may influence my decision to go one way or another?

Thanks in advance, and again I apologize if these questions come off as ignorant :(

randeez

Smash Rookie
sounds good,he's not very sheltered when it comes to cussing so no worries there - just wasnt sure if there was constant trash talk etc ... i already booked hotel and a few other things around town to do anyway (kid's bday!)
see ya all there

tops- we'll be heading that way from palm beach gardens early, but will probably return sunday evening (doubt we'll stay till its all done 10pm sunday?) shoot me a pm if interested

Last edited:

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
@ T topspin1617

Wiimotes and their accesories are permitted. Says nothing against them in the rules. Most competitive players just forget they exist. Every tourney I go to players are shocked that I use the Nunchuk and can beat them.

But bring your Gamecube controller just in case XD

Top Bottom