• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

James Rolfe for Brawl!

Lobelia Boy

Smash Rookie

"What a ****load of ****!"
James Rolfe, a celebrity on YouTube better known as "The Angry Video Game Nerd," has more than earned his spot. After playing dozens of horrible games so that we don't have to, he deserves to vent his never-ceasing fury on the cast of Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
Oh, and don't worry...this is a joke topic, I'm not actually suggesting that this happen, I'm just bored.
James comes equipped with a Power Glove, a backpack filled with cartridges and peripherals he wants to destroy, and his trusty Nintendo Zapper. Let his anger....be WITNESSED!

Moveset:
Neutral A: He throws a straight punch. This can be followed up with repeated A-button presses or holding the button to create a standard punch-punch-kick combo.
F-tilt: He swings an NES controller for a slightly more ranged attack.
U-Tilt: He punches upward with his Power Glove.
D-Tilt: He fires his Zapper right at the floor, creating a small shock effect.

F-Smash: He punches fiercely with the Power Glove, and if it hits, it generates a good deal of electrical damage, but not much knockback.
U-Smash: He punches downward with the Glove, but it sends a column of energy straight upward, similar to Captain Commando's anti-air technique from the "Marvel vs. Capcom" games.
D-Smash: He tosses a Sega 32X on the ground, and it promptly explodes, causing fantastic knockback.

Nair: A simple spin kick. Quick, and has good knockback, but the damage is sucky.
Fair: His best Smash attack. He charges his Power Glove and creates an electric surge which lingers in the area where James dropped it for about five seconds. It's CRITICAL for combos.
Dair: He fires his Zapper downward, but it creates a downward-bound offensive shield.
Bair: He kicks backward. Powerful, but slow.

Specials:
B: He fires the Zapper. Using his Power Glove, his can be charged from a Falco-esque lazer to a powerful beam shot by holding B.
Side B: He hurls a cartridge at the opponent. This has pretty good range, around the same ballpark as Samus's missiles. The particular cartridges differ; the more James hates them, the more powerful they will be when they blow up at maximum range.
Friday the 13th: The average one. Does about 15%, and its knockback is generic.
Nightmare on Elm Street: More powerful than Friday the 13th, but also has shorter range.
The Karate Kid: This one is DEVASTATING. Upon its exploding at around mid-screen range, it creates an electrical manifestation of James's unbridled fury, which expands to a gargantuan size and can score multiple hits on the opponent, leaving them stunned long enough for James to rush in and combo.
Up B: James summons the plane from Top Gun, which he grabs on to. It rises, then coasts for a bit before promptly plummeting to its doom, leaving James defenseless...and severely ticked off.
Down B: He drops three Sega 32Xs. They function much like his D-Smash does, but the windup is slower, and the damage is higher.

Taunt: He takes a quick breather to chug a Rolling Rock beer.

Final Smash:
"I have ****ing HAD IT!"
Screaming with fury, James fires his Zapper powered by the Glove to create a huge beam, much like Samus's, only smaller. More about accumulating damage than having any knockback. However, in addition, by pressing either A or B, the player can choose what James does next.
A: James abruptly cuts the beam off, creating a short-range burst effect with insane knockback, but a very small hitbox.
B: An entire squadron of Top Gun planes try to land on the stage...but fail miserably, crashing and creating large, multi-hit explosions to accumulate more damage.

Win Pose: He only has one. He collapses on his rear, groaning with frustration and simply says....
"...****this game."

Lobelia Boy

Smash Rookie
MEGA EDIT: Finally thought of a worthwhile response. Took me long enough. My brain must be running on empty, since I can't even explain myself for making such a lousy thread. So here's my rationale:
This thread is not funny.
The responses to it are PRICELESS.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I hate those "fail" or "cat fail" pictures. They are annoying and stupid.

Top Bottom