• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jacksonville, FL BRAWL TOURNEY ~ 08/01/09 ~ Super Gaming Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord

TIMES: Starts at 3pm (be there early to register)

FEES: $15 for singles -- $20 for doubles (for the whole team)

food is available at the venue (hot pockets, single pizzas, popcorn, bawls(and g33k b33r), coke, diet coke, mountain dew, and water, etc. etc.)

Rules= Stock
Stock = 3
Handicap = Off
Damage Ratio = 1.0
Friendly Fire = On
Self-destruct = -1
Items = Off
time= 8 minutes
team attack = on

Both tournaments are Double Elimination as well as best two out of three with the semifinals and finals best 3 out of 5 usual adv. slob counterpicking.

Neutral Stages:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville
-Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
-Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages:
-Delfino Plaza
-Castle Siege
-Frigate Orpheon
-Jungle Japes
-Battleship Halberd
-Rainbow Cruise
-Brinstar
-Pokemon Stadium 1

more info over at sgamingcenter.com

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
i'm prolly not coming to this unless someone can help me out with a ride from tavares

TALLY/GAINESVILLE GET ON THIS lolol :)

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Hmm.. no Melee.

I might try and come anyways (especially since this might be the last time until some kind of school break), but I'll keep checking back back on this place for Melee to come up.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Well I started up recently lol. I'm still not good though but Jax is the closest thing to me so far. (nobody in my area smashes)

I still play brawl a bit though not much though. (got boring after a while..) but I think it'd be fun either way.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Chances are we wont be having any melee tourney's since melee is dead near me and barely anyone would show up. its all business
Sad to know that =/ but glad to know others play Melee still :D

Mars where do you guys usually play at. the gaming center or wherever?

edit: my bad if I'm bringin this off-topic.

edit2: Appearently I won't be able to go. A wedding thing that day. Stupid stupid.

Masky

Smash Master
can't go because I'll be in SFL obviously but I'll talk to some Gville people.

Keep in mind guys that this is a new tournament series (being run by a gaming/lan center) so if it does well there will be an increased chance of them holding them in the future.

also what's the pot split?

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Last Jax tourney for me before school starts... Hopefully I can ride there with Fast and company again.

I hope the G-ville crew does show up, though. It's been too long since I've seen everyone.

Lukenessmonster

Smash Apprentice
Masky:

WASSUP!? Lol you should come to this. and yeah were running monthly brawl tournaments, once we started bringin in a lot of people im gonna talk to the owner(i work there) and tell him brawl is serious business and we cant start at 3 oclock and have another tournament going on. during this tournament, guitar hero will be going on which i dont think will have much affect, but last tourny there was a cod4 tourny going on but it still went smoothly. its split 70-20-10. so if you cant go to this one go to the next one which will be monthly, or every 3 weeksish. Thanks for the replies! The gaming center appreciates it

Masky

Smash Master
I'm going to a tournament 30 minutes away from me in SFL on this date... if I was in Gainesville I'd definitely consider going though :colorful:

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
ansel doesn't play lol

and these are bad times to run a tourney... cause i'm not gonna be back until aug 22nd

which is when everyone else is back...

yeppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

if i find a ride

i'm gonna bring out the WARIO TRAINER

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
lol <3 naples

dude someone in north FL needs to pick up d3 so i can learn how to play against him

and someone needs to learn snake too

north FL is bad (get mad EVERYONE and own me for saying it)

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
It doesn't make me sad, but it does hurt my feelings...
this kid is soooooooooooo good

i wish he played last year

like he's so good and i still haven't played him at all lol

<3 gecho

----

Luke, Fizzi leaves before i even get back (i'm pretty sure... if not i'm gonna house his ******* for a week and just practice)

and you (luke) aren't good (at the moment) and i'm not trying to be a ****... i'm just being realistic from what i've seen you do in the past year or w/e that i've known you

---

in general, north FL sucks

if i'm wrong, own me

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
Gecho is like ridiculously ******** good for like NEVER going to tourneys until like... a few weeks ago

plus he makes Gdub look fun LOL NO ONE DOES THAT

---

btw, DTORR... i was thinking about picking up yoshi for like the past day... for fighting d3/for funz.... but the yoshi boards are like garbage for knowledge...........

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
yea, i know, that's what i figured after reading some junk

idk, man

like literally, this whole summer

i look at the character select screen

or i'll literally make a chart on some paper

and go... who's fun to play?

i literally can't have fun with any other char. besides wario lol

what a bad game (edit: someone tell me a super fun aggressive char that goes even or better with d3... or even disadvantaged slightly but can still be aggressive)

edit: SEX PUMA HAHHAHA

i was talking with Kbm last night

and i was like... there's only ONE tourney-going d3 main in the entire state that i like... well besides dewdadash

sex puma is too legit; i still feel like a ******* for using MK so gay-ly

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero

idk, man

what a bad game (edit: someone tell me a super fun aggressive char that goes even or better with d3... or even disadvantaged slightly but can still be aggressive)
The only characters I could even think about were Toon Link, Fox, and D-Torr's Yoshi.

Lukenessmonster

Smash Apprentice
Im not bad, i beat ians wario in a tourny match with my snake after using him for only a week or so. last time we played i had melee johns lol. oh well, guess ill have to attempt to impress you

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
g $ i been playing mad wario hes def the most fun character in brawl holy **** and yeah pt is fun as hell too

olis still got my heart tho :p

Gwabs

Smash Apprentice

idk, man

uhhh d3, gaw, mk, luigi, maybe marth, yoshi if you camp, and olimar or diddy

stupid wario boards 6:4 in wario favor against d3... BS

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
g $ i been playing mad wario hes def the most fun character in brawl holy ****P
Steveless, yes, now you see the ONLY reason why i like brawl

wario is just wayyyyy too fun

but for real i'm just gonna play mad friendlies against d3s and figure it all out; obviously i'm just bad at the matchup...... i've realized a lot of **** aobut hte matchup

oh, and i'm picking up sonic

he's mad fun

just run up and spin cancel or w/e right in someone's face into a grab or something

worst/best mindgame ever

Mars, the only reason why there's nothing going on in jax is cause it's summer lol

Luke, w/e dude; OWN ME (or any of the many better players than me) and then i'll give you props (Gahtzu did it once and i give him props all the time while insulting him cause i'm a jerk lol gahtzu's hilarious... and ian came close to)

not being a ****, just sayin' -- lol <3 Jax folk

August 22nd... i get back to UNF -- smashfest that night or tomorrow night at my new place (bring setups if we do... i'll have a full setup + a TV)????? as long as my roommates are cool... which i don't see why they wouldn't be

Gwabs

Smash Apprentice
Steveless, yes, now you see the ONLY reason why i like brawl

wario is just wayyyyy too fun

but for real i'm just gonna play mad friendlies against d3s and figure it all out; obviously i'm just bad at the matchup...... i've realized a lot of **** aobut hte matchup

oh, and i'm picking up sonic

he's mad fun

just run up and spin cancel or w/e right in someone's face into a grab or something

worst/best mindgame ever
....you know you will just drop him like your other so called "counterpicks"

Mars, the only reason why there's nothing going on in jax is cause it's summer lol

Luke, w/e dude; OWN ME (or any of the many better players than me) and then i'll give you props (Gahtzu did it once and i give him props all the time while insulting him cause i'm a jerk lol gahtzu's hilarious... and ian came close to)

not being a ****, just sayin' -- lol <3 Jax folk

August 22nd... i get back to UNF -- smashfest that night or tomorrow night at my new place (bring setups if we do... i'll have a full setup + a TV)????? as long as my roommates are cool... which i don't see why they wouldn't be
i guess ill come and maybe fast will be off grounded by then :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom