• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jab Cancel

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
There seems to be quite a bit of inactivity here in the Kirby Boards so I decided I might as well do something in hopes of drawing up a bit of discussion. I figured I might as well talk about something that isn't really discussed much, the Jab Cancel, something not hugely used by players outside of Samus and occasionally Sheik. This is because for the most part other characters have far more effective means of shield pressure, but this is Kirby we're talking about, he aint got **** on nobody.

Kirby's jab, for the most part, is none too good. It's not the fastest and it doesn't combo into anything, however the act of jab canceling can be useful for him. Because you cancel the jab animation with a Crouch kirby essentially gains a very defensive attack option. Certain characters like Link, Falcon, Ganon and Zelda can't do anything from shield if Kirby is crouching, and the constant jab pressure can keep them in long enough to give you a Shield Stab option in Dsmash. Any OoS aerial options can be canceled with a jab putting your foe back on the ground and giving you another free hit.

Now you may be asking yourself "Pink Reaper you dashing Herculean stud of a man, why would I do this, something that's actually rather difficult to do, when I could just shield grab" to which I would respond "Because Kirby is terrible." Kirby doesn't have alot of useful options but this can help by eating away at your opponents shield, giving him the ability to at least do SOMETHING. A ganon with almost no shield is much easier to approach than a Ganon with full shield. Dair becomes more of a possibility. Fair's 4th kick will always hit, keeping you from getting shield grabbed. Little things like this help Kirby to not get slaughtered. You'll still probably lose, but you wont get slaughtered.

You can infract me for this Dogy.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
i could give you an infraction. You made a thread in the kirby forums on the 3rd friday of the month, you know what that means.

___

But seriously. Jab, and then duck. That actually sounds pretty frickin useful. I know i've never thought about it because any other character that crouches is still gunna get grabbed (except for like, jiggs).

Interesting though.

__

and btw, you can expect your infaction in the mail.

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
Pink Reaper said:
There seems to be quite a bit of inactivity here in the Kirby Boards so I decided I might as well do something in hopes of drawing up a bit of discussion.
Hi! I have not been here for a month (which may/may not have contributed to SSBM Kirby forum inactivity). Not much seems to have changed, of course. So I guess nobody will mind me posting in a month-old thread.

Discussion: So I am supposed to spend my time practicing a situational technique that is situational in a situational discussion? I guess it is worth a try, since Kirby has nothing else.

Good job managing several paragraphs, though.

...Wow. DogySamich is a moderator? I guess I better behave myself now that this board is actually moderated.

Top Bottom