• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jab Attack Pressure

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Well, I've been using this technique (I'm not really sure If I should call it that), that really pressures the opponent(s) at unpredictable times.

When attacking with your Jab, stop after the second "one" to press down on your control stick , then repeat the process. Causes 7 damage each time you do it successfully, I find this more useful then Jab cancels, if it isn't already one either way I still find it better cause of the priority.

You could even lock your opponent, if you get the time right, I've done it to a Samus, Toon Link and some heavy weights before. They bounce a bit after the second jab, so if your fast at hitting with your first Jab again (by pressing downwards on your control stick), it'll start the process over.

I don't see any other Link users using this, so I thought it be nice to put it up. - I'm working on a video of this.

Natolis

Smash Cadet
i'll try it and see if it is a good technique or whatever peope want to call it

sasook

Smash Champion
lol that's what jab canceling is. Crouching after an A attack to use it again.

People just say jab canceling for the AA -> random smash/spin attack because they dunno what else to call it.

Twilght Link

Smash Journeyman
Theoretically, wouldn't it be best to jab cancel to a grab-> pummel until release-> jab cancel to grab-> pummel to throw?

4Serial

Smash Lord
When I was playing you, I thought that it was REALLY cool. You did this to me a lot and really, it's HARD for someone to grab you if you do this perfectly. It pokes on shields so nicely. It's really easy to do as well. But finish it off with a u-tilt, smash attack or grab before they get out.
It technically is a jab cancel. You probably get confused with it because people refer to it so much as using a jab to set up for combos or finishers. Players like HugS used it a lot in Melee to shield pressure. It's less effective in Brawl though since there's basically no shieldstun which is lame.

Top Bottom