• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Izzy's Brawl and Melee for a good cause (No Date scheduled)

izzy24

Smash Ace
Yeah...sucky name, can someone help me with that?

Anyway, I'm hosting a tournament in the near future at my church who will be offering a HUGE and AWESOME room to fundraise for students (ahem....and me) so they can go to their summer camp. The best is that this will function like a regular tournament so it WILL have cash prizes (thank my pastor for that).

Right now is looking to be $5 for everything: door fee (snacks, awesome place, chairs included), singles and doubles (10 for each team). Is that good, too much/little? Remember is for a good cause in the end, but I still want this to be a regular tourney. I want this to be BIG.

Appreciate ur help, and more information will be given this coming week. :psycho:

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Yeah...sucky name, can someone help me with that?

Anyway, I'm hosting a tournament in the near future at my church who will be offering a HUGE and AWESOME room to fundraise for students (ahem....and me) so they can go to their summer camp. The best is that this will function like a regular tournament so it WILL have cash prizes (thank my pastor for that).

Right now is looking to be $5 for everything: door fee (snacks, awesome place, chairs included), singles and doubles (10 for each team). Is that good, too much/little? Remember is for a good cause in the end, but I still want this to be a regular tourney. I want this to be BIG.

Appreciate ur help, and more information will be given this coming week. :psycho:
At least 10 for singles, and 20 per team. More is better at getting OOS/OOR (Out of region) to notice it, unless the prizes aren't a cut of the pot... If you can, I suggest Melee as well, to get that crown interested.

izzy24

Smash Ace
Alright we can do it like that, how should the pot be divided, does that depend on how many ppl come.

Also...Can i take it thay you're interested?? I would kindly appreciate it.

I guess we could have melee, sf4, spanish scrabble as a side thing but i would prefer brawl.....

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I'm interested in it... How much is going to the church? That amount would change how it's dividied amongst the players... And, it should have NOTHING to do with how many people show up, unless it's like >16, in which case everything should go to the winner. (That isn't given away)

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
5 dollars a person works. Then 10-15 for singles (20-30 per team) also works. Put should be split 60-30-10, or 70-20-10. Standard rules and such, maybe ban infinites other than IC CG stuff, and some sort of planking rule. Get a count of the televisions the venue already has, and make sure people bring more...That's about it.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
60-30-10 is way better than 70-20-10!

Also, I agree with having both Melee and Brawl to bring more people.

I'll see if any other CFL is interested, and if so, maybe we can bring a car.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
He probably wants us to help him pick a good date.

That's why it says (No Date scheduled) in the title.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
hmm, well to schedule a good date,

it'd have to be weeks earlier.

look at the taken dates, theres march 7th for melee at zp
march 14th melee at gigs
march 21st is the pnt tourney in ft laudy
march 28th is brawl gigs.

so march is pretty booked.
unless it can somehow be scheduled on another day besides a saturday.
that might be a bad idea because it might not be open for people to come and attend.
the end of february is nearing and it'd probably be best to get something going in april.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
we can do march 14th for people who want to practice their brawl and play melee on the sides?

nevershootme

Smash Master
Do not do it in April as it is the end of the semester and finals, unless you're seriously killing it.

edit: im still looking at snagging a huge venue for a big tournament, but i have 0 support funding (a.k.a. paying out of my own pocket). the place is in Hillcrest drive in hollywood. But you need a ton of people to bring their own TV's. It's pretty big and there's a stage with a huge projector and basement like storage/dressing room. and there's tons of tables and chairs too!

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
Do not do it in April as it is the end of the semester and finals, unless you're seriously killing it.

edit: im still looking at snagging a huge venue for a big tournament, but i have 0 support funding (a.k.a. paying out of my own pocket). the place is in Hillcrest drive in hollywood. But you need a ton of people to bring their own TV's. It's pretty big and there's a stage with a huge projector and basement like storage/dressing room. and there's tons of tables and chairs too!
do you have to pay any amount to rent it out? and how much?

izzy24

Smash Ace
Eddy when in April are we having finals since we are looking at doing it on the 11th....And if it helps then we'll do both melee and brawl. And I'll take Rx advice and go 60-30-10 with the prices being $5 entrance fee, $10 singles and doubles. For both Brawl and melee, of course.

Rx :thank u for ur support and hopefully u can get ppl to come? Where are ma CFL and NFL peeps at!!!!

C! is coming!!!, hopefully the rest of FIU shows its support (thank you eddy as well).

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I'll always be here, so you can post or PM me all your questions, and I will be glad to answer them and help you through the process of running your first tournament.

SmashBoards is full of helpful people!!

nevershootme

Smash Master
Finals week is 20th to 24th. i mean it's fine if u did it on 25th (Since finals are over), since we can just throw a tournament / graduation party for me (and hopefully move to orlando if i get the job, which the place of work is by UCF).

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
aww, well the name already kind of stuck on because it IS for a good cause. Maybe if you're going to change it anyway, Izzy Presents Smashing For A Good Cause :lick:

Top Bottom