• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iwantgames Projects: Ultimate

interested in an optimized HW OoT Link: images on post #534

• yes

Votes: 36 76.6%
  • no

Votes: 11 23.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
Thanks. I might be able to do that, it depends. fitting and rigging it won't be a problem, it's the optimizing that I might have to do. Other M models are pretty high poly, and because SJS use parts of the other m hair for his ZSS it' s also high poly. so that could be a problem because I don't want to optimize them so much that the model quality drops.
That's an issue I expected before asking, but if you do attempt the process I'd really appreciate it. Otherwise, could you use Young Samus' short hair to forgo most of that extra optimization?

Last edited:

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Not sure, that seems like a lot of texturing and re-UVing. I might not mind the UVing, depends on how much i have to do. The texturing, that would be a problem for me. My texturing needs lots of improvement. So, using young samus hair is a nono for me

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
And have you given birth before?
I am a black belt in giving birth, I have such a high birth giving record that I make Nadya Suleman seem uniparous, I'm responsible for 1/10th of the world's population. You might say I have a little experience.

Everything I say is a lie.

Last edited:

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
I am a black belt in giving birth, I have such a high birth giving record that I make Nadya Suleman seem uniparous, I'm responsible for 1/10th of the world's population. You might say I have a little experience.

Everything I say is a lie.
I almost slightly laughed. Seems like a silly thing, comparing UVing to giving birth, but all right.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I almost slightly laughed.
I consider that an accomplishment!
Seems like a silly thing, comparing UVing to giving birth, but all right.
I tend to exaggerate a little, but anytime I make a model and unwrap the UV's, it turns out nasty, then I try to make it better, and the 20% of the time it actually gets better, I try to texture it, and it ends up worse. Such - I just make a generic repeating tiled texture and plop it on the right spots and hope it doesn't look nasty... And it always looks better than when I manually do it.

It's like a process that you work hard which ends up making you want to destroy the universe.
Yes, I'm male, hahaha.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I was being sarcastic.
Aw, maaaan... :sadeyes:
I am legitimately sad now... At least I made two other people chuckle, though, eh?
I only want to make you laugh though.

Just had to make sure before I could be sarcastic.
Hahaha!

I feel bad for going off topic now. Hey @ iwantgames iwantgames ! Will your Young Link have any costumes? I could see other masks ported from Majora's Mask 3D being a neat li'l addition.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Aw, maaaan... :sadeyes:
I am legitimately sad now... At least I made two other people chuckle, though, eh?
I only want to make you laugh though.

Hahaha!

I feel bad for going off topic now. Hey @ iwantgames iwantgames ! Will your Young Link have any costumes? I could see other masks ported from Majora's Mask 3D being a neat li'l addition.
nah, it's ok. I love off-topic, funny stuff. Not being sarcastic

I actually tried that when I first got access to young link. unfortunately it didn't turn out to good for the first mask I tried, so I stopped. I was gonna do a different mask for every recolor; red-goron, blue-zora, and deku-yellow (since Keaton was on original and would make too much yellow for the yellow recolor). I forgot about the rest because I tried it a long time ago.

@UVing - I remember feeling like that when I was first doing UVs. when it got like that I just find something else to do (another project). it's also why I said it depends on the amount of work I would have to do.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
nope, I went ahead and checked some screens from the web to be sure. the gravity model I am importing is a beta/unused model

yes

I got the Metroid Other M stuff started:

samus

zero suit samus

ignore zero suit samus' legs near the ankles, had to make her the same height as young samus. so for now I just vertexed it up starting from the bottom
Those "high heels" will be a distraction.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
In celebration of the best Sm4sh model yet, I made this. Enjoy.

That shoulderpad bothers me. Its clipping trough her arm (or at least it looks like it) instead of moving with it as usual (example of it here and pose is taken from one of Other M's real time cutscenes animations) and green light thing on the hand isn't accurate to how it looks like in the game. Other than that, shut up and take my money.
"Any objections, Adam?"

Last edited:

Bag'O'Nuts

PM4LIFE
thanks and unfortunately I do not have any progress on roy atm. I took a break form head modeling to work on some of my other projects. I will be working on him on and off as a side project to get him finished asap.
Okay then, will wait patiently. Looking forward to it along with your other projects

Juken

Smash Ace
In celebration of the best Sm4sh model yet, I made this. Enjoy.

Is it just me or does the model seem to be less vibrant? Isn't it much brighter in Smash 4?

Maybe I'm just too used to Smash 3 Samus or something.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Is it just me or does the model seem to be less vibrant? Isn't it much brighter in Smash 4?

Do you mean like this? I did a quick edit to Nano's render:

Last edited:

Nanobuds

Smash Ace

I just used darker lighting for my render.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Sorry for the lack of activity, I decided to take summer classes. So, I won't be as free as other people.

I've also been trying to find a quick thing to do since it will take me awhile to finish up my main projects. I couldn't think of anything good, so I still got nothin. hopefully I find something soon.

Kurukato87

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for the lack of activity, I decided to take summer classes. So, I won't be as free as other people.
You honestly shouldn't need to apologize, modding should really never be first in terms of priories. I wish more people understood that modders have lives and responsibilities too. I can barely mod things myself (simple recolors are as much as I've done), so to me people who can do these things this complex and time consuming should be appreciated for it, and I really do thank you for putting so much time into your own projects as well as working on The Smash 3 Project. Awakening Roy and HW Sheik look great BTW, I am really looking forward to what you do in the future.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord

I've also been trying to find a quick thing to do since it will take me awhile to finish up my main projects. I couldn't think of anything good, so I still got nothin. hopefully I find something soon.
What classes? My college has a crap-poop-turd-lame math department, so I'll be taking Calc II during the summer at another college and transferring my credits.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
You honestly shouldn't need to apologize, modding should really never be first in terms of priories. I wish more people understood that modders have lives and responsibilities too. I can barely mod things myself (simple recolors are as much as I've done), so to me people who can do these things this complex and time consuming should be appreciated for it, and I really do thank you for putting so much time into your own projects as well as working on The Smash 3 Project. Awakening Roy and HW Sheik look great BTW, I am really looking forward to what you do in the future.
thanks for understanding

What classes? My college has a crap-poop-turd-lame math department, so I'll be taking Calc II during the summer at another college and transferring my credits.
sorry about the long response time. I thought I already replied, I got a bad habit of starting a draft but never finishing it. The class that I am taking is Cal 1

I forgot to mention it but yesterday I found a quick import/project to do. the character isn't 1:1 to their artwork, but it's better than nothing. I would attempt a 1:1 but it could result in it being a major project and we all know I can't afford another of those. So here is awakening marth.

he will be a complete import (expressions, fs eyes, metal, etc). Currently sits at 17k so there may be slight lag with 4, just like the HW link pack. He's 2k lower than link so there is also the possibility that he could be lagless. i'm not sure because he is not in testing phase yet. all that's left is rigging and setting him up for in-game. he will most likely lack the menu assets cause I no do that stuff.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I forgot to mention it but yesterday I found a quick import/project to do. the character isn't 1:1 to their artwork, but it's better than nothing. I would attempt a 1:1 but it could result in it being a major project and we all know I can't afford another of those. So here is awakening marth.

he will be a complete import (expressions, fs eyes, metal, etc). Currently sits at 17k so there may be slight lag with 4, just like the HW link pack. He's 2k lower than link so there is also the possibility that he could be lagless. i'm not sure because he is not in testing phase yet. all that's left is rigging and setting him up for in-game. he will most likely lack the menu assets cause I no do that stuff.
Ah, Lucina i gue- Oh. Well, whatever. Not much differences between them. Anyway, looking forward to this one as well.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
You know, you don't have to say sound so passive aggressive like that, those kind of comments really stand out.
Thats more of a joke on the characters (mostly Marth) rather than the model. Difference between Brawl Marth and this model is very noticable. Like between a taco with a cape and a sword and a cheezeburger with a cape and a sword.
What does passive agressive means anyway?

Last edited:

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Ah, Lucina i gue- Oh. Well, whatever. Not much differences between them. Anyway, looking forward to this one as well.
BTW, did you just edited Lucina's model or something? Looks too similar.
yeah, it's lucina's sm4sh model. I don't think there is any other available model to use for the body. lucina's is the latest, best looking, and most accurate awakening body to-date that I know of. this also saves/saved me time on the recolors.

I would have imported lucina but verts on kcmm made a custom lucina model. I think it would be rude to take the actual lucina model and import it, especially after all the time and effort he put into that model. that's why I am settling for marth. I know he made an awakening marth too, but it is way outdated and I think he is too busy to update it with the new lucina body he made. So this import should be ok.

I really hopes nobody takes the body of this model and combine it with the face of a lucina model on the vault, cause that would also be rude to verts

anyway, I'll probably show some pics later today of awakening marth.

Top Bottom